Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

inexpensive backup pump
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:36:24 pm »

2-3 hundred psi , good flow , how bad could it be ?
for if you pump goes down and u dont have another machine .
http://www.agrieuro.co.uk/geotech-kf1100-electric-motor-spray-pump-with-single-phase-motor-p-7181.html

im gonna order the more expensive comet diaphragm pump  ... but the cheap one might be fine

Mike Halliday

Re: inexpensive backup pump
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:11:39 pm »
Does it have a pressure cut off when you release the trigger? It might just have a on & off setting can't tell from the info
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »
im no expert on pumps , i see a tube with a filter to siphon from a tank , then a tank return tube .... and on the other side the tool is attached .  So i presume it has an uploader / regulator of sorts built onto it

john martin

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:36:08 pm »
actually it is a bit confusing , im not sure if see return hose or not , might be electric cutoff

john martin

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:28:17 pm »
In with the crop spraying pump  ......
Comet MC-18 in the enforcer

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »
so John have you fitted that as a replacement or as well as the other pump?

john martin

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:17 pm »
so John have you fitted that as a replacement or as well as the other pump?
its a really big thing up close ! you wouldnt get that in as well as the original pump .
My pumptec needed rebuilding as well as the regulator , pressure loss etc ,  i was going to use the comet as an external backup , but i figured ,hell il try it inside . 
On paper u wouldnt want it ,  heavy 600w producing 215psi max  ....  but in reality its got more flow than the regular pumptec so it feels powerfull ,  an open hose attached squirts water out a longer way than the pumptec i have .
So i just tried it out today , i like the fact there is no fussy priming , just switch it on a it squirts , its a bit louder than a pumptec but its not an unpleasant noise .  Im sure its not intended for inside a carpet machine , but il see how it goes , so far i like it .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 07:39:54 pm »
its look solid enough and well put together.

i agree about psi's and flow, the 165psi pump i have in my back up machine has much better flow than the Pumptec pump i have in the other machine when thats set at 165 as well