Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: any ex-bootnecks out there!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 11:56:56 pm »
cattrick hey anzio qebeck alamain ;) ;)

Willy

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 11:58:10 pm »
hey jolly jack, you re not from Gus by any chance?

Don't live in Guz now but used to, also Pompey, but finised my time off in Guz then moved. I could see the Dock Yard from my bedroom window. TOO Close! But I really like Guz just too far from everything else.

Hi also to Mikey Y, yes mate I bet you don't miss QM's duties. Is there much work in Spain for WC's?
I'm only out a couple of years but found it difficult to settle and hated the rat race. People take themselves too seriously and get upset over nothing. I'm only starting out in WC'n but it pays better than my trade (Spark) and I love the freedom of work fitting around my life instead of the other way around. Don't want to go on too much in case I get kicked off for making this site sound like Friends Reunited!
Take care Willy

bluesteve

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 11:01:51 pm »
willy
      ex saltash road, keyham, just down the road from the Royal Naval (or Navy) arms. have nt been on a run ashore in gus for years, maybe if i go back back it might spoil the good memorys.
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Willy

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 05:20:57 am »
Hi SW, oh yes the Keyham, start off in there after scran. But I'm not going down the strip as I'm duty tomorrow, Where have you heard that before? Then its a taxi, stop at the cash point followed by the Twigs, Jesters and Blondes,wake up beside some "Queen" in the morning not knowing what part of town your in, hoping against all odds you weren't able to perform and that no one you know saw you leaving with her,saying never again! I bet you have a few old T-shirts with that on it!
And what about the Avondale? Its got topless barmaids now! 9 Pinters! I seen it on the TV not so long ago.
Ahaa the memories are flooding back.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 12:03:05 pm »
Where is Guz?

Darren

Neil

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 01:13:17 pm »
Helles

bluesteve

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2004, 12:12:16 am »
oh yes !  ;D
                  sounds very very familiar,aah the good old days.
    Avondale topless barmaids, whats going on?i hope its not harrys wife though. Its certainly gone up market then. I  wonder if the Carousel is still open i ve pulled some right Mooses in there, buts its a cheap night if you live 200 yards away! :P

"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Willy

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 03:20:43 am »
If you mean Harry the old bloke who owned it I think it said he died last year, as far as going up market, well you obviously didn't see the barmaids! I didn't realise women could get brewers drop! When they were reaching the pints over the bar it looked like a puppy having a drink!
Now the CAR-OU-SEL theres a night spot no one should miss the experience of. That used to be part of your "ones" task book. It wasn't as much "Grab a Granny" as the granny's grabing the young lads. They were the type of women even your Dad warned you about. Oh yes many a Sunday morning I walked back to Drake wondering if it had really happened. Mind you them having teeth they could take out had its up side! I'll leave you with that thought, bet you can't get that image out of your head all day!

Willy

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2004, 03:30:52 am »
Where is Guz?

Darren

Darren is that a "bite"? you'll be asking me where Liegh Park is next!

Klean07

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 12:08:30 am »
Yes there are loads here. Tosh, Stu mac etc. Wonder where all the original posters are now!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 12:12:15 am »
Yes there are loads here. Tosh, Stu mac etc. Wonder where all the original posters are now!!

matt has his own forum now, it's great too.

google- matts cleaning forums ;)

mci services

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:46 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I wasn't they were marines all queer buggers ;D

griffmorr

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 08:04:41 am »
Yep, 6 1/2 yrs, royal welch fusiliers.

Tom White

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 01:31:40 pm »

One thing I always wondered was why they spelt Welsh like someone whose semi illiterate?  There's got to be a reason for it?  Was it something to do with the Regimental Sheep or something?

John drake

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 03:03:59 pm »

One thing I always wondered was why they spelt Welsh like someone whose semi illiterate?  There's got to be a reason for it?  Was it something to do with the Regimental Sheep or something?

Founded in 1689, they are one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh.
Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

mci services

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 03:23:48 pm »

Founded in 1689, they are one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh.

not near old enough, 1633 first of foot The Royal Scots ;D I was in 15 years

Steve_c

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 04:36:46 pm »
The BFG used to be an assassin for MasterCard & Visa dose the make him a boot neck.

Tom White

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 04:51:27 pm »
The BFG used to be an assassin for MasterCard & Visa dose the make him a boot neck.

Does he like dancing with men and getting naked in bars?

cozy

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »
Pull up a sand bag and swing the light, I'll tell you a story  ;D Back in 74........................ ::)

;D ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 06:19:39 pm »
Pull up a sand bag and swing the light, I'll tell you a story  ;D Back in 74........................ ::)

;D ;D ;D

Is that when you joined up, Cozy?  Was that when it was the Royal Waggoners and A Jobs were 'remove clatty hair from horses bottom', and stuff like that?