Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Really?
« on: June 07, 2016, 10:32:57 pm »
A neighbour of one of my customers came over to me last month to ask if I'd give her a price and a gutter clean inside and out, soffit/fascia, apex's and window clean on a 5 bedroom house. Usually pricing came out at About £260 all in, knocked a bit off and said I'd do the lot for £200.
Turned up today and as I drove passed, I noticed that this house looked a lot cleaner, so I knocked on the door, explained that I was following up blah blah blah, anyway, she has had the lot done, I ask if it was just price I was beaten on, yes she says, he charged £60.........£60!!

Smurf

Re: Really?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:36 am »
A neighbour of one of my customers came over to me last month to ask if I'd give her a price and a gutter clean inside and out, soffit/fascia, apex's and window clean on a 5 bedroom house. Usually pricing came out at About £260 all in, knocked a bit off and said I'd do the lot for £200.
Turned up today and as I drove passed, I noticed that this house looked a lot cleaner, so I knocked on the door, explained that I was following up blah blah blah, anyway, she has had the lot done, I ask if it was just price I was beaten on, yes she says, he charged £60.........£60!!

You can't win them all that's for sure and tight wads like that you don't want as a customer anyway.

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:32 am »
All customers are tight Smurf, do you go to the most expensive shops to buy your goods ? why do you think there are areas
in the country where people cant get anywhere near the prices some can get on here ?
Put it this way its not because they work in poor areas, its the cleaners who ruin the prices not the customers.

JandS

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 09:17:59 am »
Why is the customer tight?....Because she paid £60 for something you were going to do for £200?..That's not tight that's good business sense if she got a good job done as well.
It's the cleaners that ruin prices both the cheap ones and the expensive ones.
How long would it have taken?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

jk999

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:16 pm »
I actually think some window cleaner s over price them selfs, that's a big difference £60 from £260

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 02:11:49 pm »
If monkeys want to do jobs like that for peanut’s then more fool them I say

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »
By the sounds of the job I would of priced £150. £60 sounds very cheap although you can't blame the custome or the cleaner.

jk999

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 04:18:55 pm »
I have been in game thirty some years and I started cheap but there's only a limit as to what you can go with your prices

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:20 pm »
For some people its a race to the bottom.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »

What kind of job had they done? Was it any good?
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 06:23:55 pm »
For some people its a race to the bottom.

if you mean charging to little then I could not agree more.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:57 pm »
Good on that chap  ;D - while he spent most of his day grinding out £60 on that single job he left the area wide open for you to pick up several better paid jobs 👍

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 10:41:04 pm »

Think it was on the general cleaning side of this forum, a thread about how pikies operate. One turned up next door to where a chap was pressure washing neighbours drive and pretended to be his boss and basically said were finished earlier than expected n can fit you in with a clean. Charged them about 3 x more and the neighbour accepted. Maybe theres something in how travellors are great sales peoples. 
On  above principle could have potential for cleaning neighbours either side for your desired amount whilst smiling like a chesire cat at the chap working for peanuts  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

david mark

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 10:49:47 pm »
Up north thats about the going rate for work like that

Blackadder

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 11:00:30 pm »
The job he did was ok, but it took him 4 hours apparently and he said he had to come back to do the windows as he'd run out of time! She said she had a party that night and had wanted them done....sorry love, very busy today.  ;D

Rob clarke

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »
The job he did was ok, but it took him 4 hours apparently and he said he had to come back to do the windows as he'd run out of time! She said she had a party that night and had wanted them done....sorry love, very busy today.  ;D

Classic  ;D

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 07:28:32 am »
Up north thats about the going rate for work like that

Wrong! it's all in your head , say a price with confidence , don't say a price whilst your thinking they'll never pay it .

8weekly

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 07:35:12 am »
Love it.

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »
I'm betting that chap wished he never took that job on for 60 now and will not be going back to do the windows either. Bless him  ;D ;D

Cookie

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 02:25:24 pm »
I'm betting that chap wished he never took that job on for 60 now and will not be going back to do the windows either. Bless him  ;D ;D
Well I guess we've all done it at some time   :(. He won't be making that mistake again!