This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jason65

Clarke CMB240e
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »
Good afternoon i intend to buy one of these booster pumps,  i was just wondering what fittings would be best to have, as the pipe work that i want to connect after pre filters and before membrane is garden hose size thickness , i think the pumps come with 1 and 1/2 " outlets and inlets so need to reduce the size., either to hose lock and just pipework or pipework and  jubilee clips.  , should i use plastic fitting or stainless steel. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jason

andyM

Re: Clarke CMB240e
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:48:42 pm »
I used 1" to 1/2" brass reducers so that the pump could then accept 1/2" fittings.
I think I got the brass reducers from Toolstation but should be readily available from most diy and tool or plumbing shops.
One of the Plebs

jason65

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:22:34 pm »
Thanks Andy, for the reply, just to confirm   from what Machine mart told me the inlets and outlets are 1 and 1/2  inch is this right or are they 1 inch ?

jason65

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:12 pm »
Sorry Andy just looked at web site and it says 1 inch, just a couple of things Andy if you have time,  can you tell me you psi pressure before booster pump and after booster pump, how long does it take to fill you tank ?  how noisy is it ? and does using brass fittings stop any contaminate entering membrane.

regards

Jason

andyM

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 07:58:00 pm »
Thanks Andy, for the reply, just to confirm   from what Machine mart told me the inlets and outlets are 1 and 1/2  inch is this right or are they 1 inch ?

Pretty sure it's 1" connection Jason but has been about 3 years since I fitted them so my brain is a bit hazy.  :-\
Ah yes page 5 of the instructions says 1":
https://dccf75d8gej24.cloudfront.net/documents/051011132.pdf
One of the Plebs

andyM

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 08:08:29 pm »
Sorry Andy just looked at web site and it says 1 inch, just a couple of things Andy if you have time,  can you tell me you psi pressure before booster pump and after booster pump, how long does it take to fill you tank ?  how noisy is it ? and does using brass fittings stop any contaminate entering membrane.

regards

Jason

Err not sure about first part of your question, do you mean what my tap pressure is and what psi booster pump gets it to?
If so my tap pressure is about 35psi and the booster pump is getting it to 100 psi on an approximate 50/50 ratio.
If I have more waste than pure the pressure at membrane will reduce slightly but as above I like to run it at 50/50 and the pressure gauge after Booster pump on the pre filter reads 100 psi.
This time of year when the water's not cold I get about 200 ltrs or so per hour.
Yes it is fairly loud, don't know how many decibels but mine's in the garage so not a problem.
Brass fittings are widely used in the plumbing industry so know I don't believe it will cause contamination.
One other thing I would advise using ptfe tape and also some sort of plumbing fitting sealant (Fernox LSX is good) on your threaded connections.
One of the Plebs

jason65

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 08:15:38 pm »
Thank you Andy thats a great help,     just one more question and i will leave you alone to enjoy your evening,  were have you fitted booster pump      before pre filters or before membrane.

andyM

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 08:23:43 pm »
Outside Tap - Hose - Booster Pump - Pre-filter (Single Fibredyne) - HF4 4040 Membrane - 11 ltr DI Vessel - Storage Tank  :)
One of the Plebs

MNWC

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

jason65

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 09:45:47 pm »
Thanks for that MN £30  CHEAPER. pay for my curry on Friday. ;D 

jason65

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »
Andy i have really poor quality water from my outside tap, my tds is 280, i have read some threads that say best to put booster pump  after pre filters and before membrane, i dont know if you  have a lower tds reading from your tap water, maybe if makes no difference to your system. but thanks for all your help.

andyM

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 07:19:26 am »
Andy i have really poor quality water from my outside tap, my tds is 280, i have read some threads that say best to put booster pump  after pre filters and before membrane, i dont know if you  have a lower tds reading from your tap water, maybe if makes no difference to your system. but thanks for all your help.

Yeah you can put the booster pump after pre filters I suppose. I don't think it makes much difference either way.
The cbm240e has it's own  inlet filter anyway. 
One of the Plebs

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 06:08:31 pm »

Your tds will be the same after the pre filter as it was before it .......putting it after the prefilters will stop any sedimant damaging the pump though (undissolved solids) , for instance if a pipe bursts etc .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.