This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Miko67

How to wfp new builds with fenced French doors
« on: June 03, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »
As the title says, a lot of these styled houses where I live, I'm just wondering if anyone does them and how they do them well?
They're mostly on new builds I'll try get pic up later if you still dont understand.
Thanks.

AuRavelling79

Re: How to wfp new builds with fenced French doors
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »
As the title says, a lot of these styled houses where I live, I'm just wondering if anyone does them and how they do them well?
They're mostly on new builds I'll try get pic up later if you still dont understand.
Thanks.

Yup - they are called juliet balconies too.

I use Gardiner's thinnest brush and stick it between the bars and do a bit at a time.
It's a game of three halves!

CF Facilities

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »
I turn my quick lok 90 degrees to fit between the bars. Works quite well. I allow twice as long to do them. The worse ones are the glass screens type. From the inside only I guess with these. Or just rinse only from above!🙄

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »
Glass juliet balconies are a lot more tricky if not impossible to do. Likewise some metal bar one are near imposible to do too if the bars are configured differently so you cant get a brush in between the bars usng the normaly way of getting a wfp brush in.

Miko67

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:49:33 pm »
Juliet balconies are an utter cxxx

Cheers haha

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:24 pm »
That's one way of putting it...YES they are  ;D ;D

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 06:43:01 pm »
If you have the adjustable short neck angle adaptor - like here http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/resi-neck-trade-quick-release-type-1.html

Just adjust the angle of your gooseneck so that it is pretty much straight with fairly little kink in it, they're simple then to turn the pole so the brush head slots in between the bars. Just make sure your angle adaptor is at the correct angle,  very easy then.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

sunshine windows

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:32:32 pm »
I just ask my customers to move house to one that had a decent architect design it.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:31 pm »
I just ask my customers to move house to one that had a decent architect design it.

Problem solved  ;D ;D

Pete Thompson

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:02:43 am »
I used to have a few of these, my technique was as follows:

Adjust the angle crank so the brush is 90 degrees from the pole. Then, stand directly under the balcony, and the brush head will fit up between the window sill and the balcony, and you then clean in the normal way.

I have found this technique works perfectly. You do, however, get quite wet.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 12:08:24 pm »
I regularly clean blocks of flats with metal juliet balcony bars that when using a long neck gardiner swivel works ok on the types I do. However I normally start off with good intentions and get the brush in-between the bars from the front and clean the glass and frames properly. Then after so many gets peed right off as slows me down too much so tend to just rinse them down instead with the brush on the outside of the bars set on a good flow.

I've also bought a wagtail (whatever it's called) that has a scrub pad and rinse bar specifically for glass juliet balcony’s so can sort of clean the back of the glass from the ground.   That's if it can fit in the narrow gap underneath them but do get soaked in the process.