This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Re: Leaflets
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 11:45:53 am »
So 5k isn't worth bothering with really? And best to knock?

5k is a good number.

it depends on your scale, you profit, and your ambition.

5 k will get you some custom. i recommend charging double for the first clean so you get money back faster.

we leaflet 7-13,000 a month, but when i started i did nothing like that.
Cheers Richard, do you have someone putting your leaflets out for you and how much does it cost if you do?

yes Rob,

i use a local leafleting company who i trust. I've done them myself (hate), i've employed my own people (time consuming but ok), used the real mail (pain in the arse when they went on strike)... settled on this company 2 years ago and used them ever since.

like someone else has said here, most efficient use of your time is canvassing, unless you get someone else to leaflet for you
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Tony dunmall

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 03:54:52 pm »
For you guys that leaflet on a regular basis

What's your outlay/ budget  each month ie how much do you spend On leaflets being Printed and what do you spend on distribution

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 12:30:23 pm »
For those that have fixed pricing on their leaflets, how often do you charge even more than the price on the flyer?

I would like to go the fixed price route, think it's the way forward if you want to expand faster but it bugs me that I might be missing out on some extra value from some larger jobs.

Do you accept the overall average good and bad? or readjust your pricing is it's bigger than average?

Thanks
Robert

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:54 pm »
For those that have fixed pricing on their leaflets, how often do you charge even more than the price on the flyer?

I would like to go the fixed price route, think it's the way forward if you want to expand faster but it bugs me that I might be missing out on some extra value from some larger jobs.

Do you accept the overall average good and bad? or readjust your pricing is it's bigger than average?

Thanks
Robert

you need to price so your average price is slightly higher than now (or more if you're putting your prices up)

we charge double for the first clean, so its never really so much of a pain to do. if on the first clean the house is badly underpriced we let them know how much it'll be going forward.

when a house is uncommonly large the owner will already be aware of that. most of them actually let you know on the phone that you might want to come out and view it.

the benefit of not having to go out and quote far outweighs the down side of some being underpriced, especially when others are better priced.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Edge Clean

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 11:11:06 pm »
Rob

When I returned to Fife in 2012, I purchased 10,000 window cleaning leaflets and 10,000 carpet cleaning leaflets from .. ready made flyers ..

http://www.readymadeflyers.co.uk/59-w.html

They were the biggest waste of money ever for me, I think they were to posh for the areas I was targeting.

I think I got 30/40 window customers and absolutely zero carpet cleaning customers.

I then designed my own leaflet which I get done in runs of 5000 at a time, black ink on different colours of paper each run. Because these are black on plain paper, I can't seem to get them done cheaper than full colour online, so use a local printer to me who charges £100 per 5000, which is expensive compared with full colour online print businesses. I meant pick one up from my sons to post on here tonight, but forgot so will definitely put it on tomorrow.

The total results so far of my last 5000 print run which were put out over 3 areas are

Distributed 1st to 5th April

Total leaflets ... 5000
Leaflets out ..... 2838
Leaflets left ..... 2162

New customers April ... 36 ... £186 per clean ... £2232 per year
New customers May .... 28 ... £149 per clean ... £1788 per year
New customers June ... 11 ... £   63 per clean ... £.  756 per year (up to 6 June)

Total New Customers .. 75 ... £398 per clean ... £4776 per year (up to 6 June)

Leaflet return rate .... 2.64%

The 2838 leaflets distributed were put out by my son and myself, we paid ourselves 20 hours at £7.50 per hour each, we were slow at putting them out as we worked the same side of the street as we wanted to record each address that was leafletted, that's how we know how many houses we have in each area to cover.

So our costs were

Distribution ... £300
Printing ........... £100

Total cost ....... £400

So we are just £2 short of new work to having recovered our cost in the first clean, great result for us so far, next month the remaining leaflets will be distributed on 2 adjoining estates and results recorded as we have done with first drop.

We probably have a higher percentage return as we mainly target former council housing estates which we are pricing at £5/£6 per house, other window cleaners on here probably get a lower return as they are targeting a totally different market from me.

I also use Aworka, so I am able to keep track of dates when I got the new customers.

Rob clarke

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 08:10:27 am »
Thanks for replies, got these leaflets now so will have to put them out and see what happens lol, got a website getting started today so hopefully bigger things to come  ;D

duncan h

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 09:39:55 pm »
Rob

When I returned to Fife in 2012, I purchased 10,000 window cleaning leaflets and 10,000 carpet cleaning leaflets from .. ready made flyers ..

http://www.readymadeflyers.co.uk/59-w.html

They were the biggest waste of money ever for me, I think they were to posh for the areas I was targeting.

I think I got 30/40 window customers and absolutely zero carpet cleaning customers.

I then designed my own leaflet which I get done in runs of 5000 at a time, black ink on different colours of paper each run. Because these are black on plain paper, I can't seem to get them done cheaper than full colour online, so use a local printer to me who charges £100 per 5000, which is expensive compared with full colour online print businesses. I meant pick one up from my sons to post on here tonight, but forgot so will definitely put it on tomorrow.

The total results so far of my last 5000 print run which were put out over 3 areas are

Distributed 1st to 5th April

Total leaflets ... 5000
Leaflets out ..... 2838
Leaflets left ..... 2162

New customers April ... 36 ... £186 per clean ... £2232 per year
New customers May .... 28 ... £149 per clean ... £1788 per year
New customers June ... 11 ... £   63 per clean ... £.  756 per year (up to 6 June)

Total New Customers .. 75 ... £398 per clean ... £4776 per year (up to 6 June)

Leaflet return rate .... 2.64%

The 2838 leaflets distributed were put out by my son and myself, we paid ourselves 20 hours at £7.50 per hour each, we were slow at putting them out as we worked the same side of the street as we wanted to record each address that was leafletted, that's how we know how many houses we have in each area to cover.

So our costs were

Distribution ... £300
Printing ........... £100

Total cost ....... £400

So we are just £2 short of new work to having recovered our cost in the first clean, great result for us so far, next month the remaining leaflets will be distributed on 2 adjoining estates and results recorded as we have done with first drop.

We probably have a higher percentage return as we mainly target former council housing estates which we are pricing at £5/£6 per house, other window cleaners on here probably get a lower return as they are targeting a totally different market from me.

I also use Aworka, so I am able to keep track of dates when I got the new customers.

10000 leaflets and 30/40 customers is good anyway. Soon pay off