This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob clarke

Leaflets
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:57:33 pm »
Had 5000 leaflets printed and I've put a few hundred out myself when finished weeks work but not had one call, I thought I'd at least get one call  ??? Has anyone not in my area (north Yorkshire) got a leaflet design that works well please?

Richard iSparkle

Re: Leaflets
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:06:13 pm »
Had 5000 leaflets printed and I've put a few hundred out myself when finished weeks work but not had one call, I thought I'd at least get one call  ??? Has anyone not in my area (north Yorkshire) got a leaflet design that works well please?

leaflets is a numbers game. a few hundred is nothing to be honest. expect to get all 5000 out and then judge over the following 3 months if they're a success.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:08:18 pm »

Leaflets work, but the response rate is about 0.05% (2 per 1000).  The way to make them work is to put out a couple of hundred then wait 2 -3 days and go round and knock on the doors.  If the leaflet is any good it will already have 'softened  up'  your target customers and canvassing will be much easier.

I always use this method and can guarantee to build a round of 3-400 customers over a period of 6 -10 months, putting out leaflets every day and following up every evening on the ones put out 3 days previously.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:13:25 pm »
Goo d advice as always from Ian.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »
loads of guys leaflet around SE London all the time and i love that they waste there money with there 1 in 1000 return where most folk cant be bothered to ring the number on the leaflet or have a quick browse then chuck in the bin leaving me to take advantage when door knocking to close loads of deals as it most certainly warms them up for the taking when recently leafleted first. Please can someone do a 10 000 drop in Greenwich and gain 10 customers from it so i can rinse the rest :-).

Rob just door knock if you want a quick return of customers, leaflet if you want a slow steady return but deffo follow e drop with a knock to maximise overall return.

Edge Clean

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:24 pm »
I find that plain single colour leaflets work better for my business than double sided full colour leaflets.

I have a much better success percentage than Ian Lancaster, but that could be down to myself promoting traditional window cleaning.

The reason I promote traditional and get the work is simply down to the biggest window cleaner in the area absolutely destroying the reputation of wfp through bad workmanship and not training staff properly. Due to this operator it has created a preference for trad in this town over wfp.

I will look out both leaflets and post them tomorrow.

Rob clarke

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:16 am »
Thanks for your replies, I have been door knocking recently and gained loads of new customers even some who had a bad experience with cleaners not using wfp properly, I do use it properly, the reason I bought the leaflets is I have two young kids and didn't want my evenings and weekend's knocking and not seeing them :( I'll try and get my leaflets posted and and see what the response is when I've put them all out

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 10:02:13 am »
Thanks for your replies, I have been door knocking recently and gained loads of new customers even some who had a bad experience with cleaners not using wfp properly, I do use it properly, the reason I bought the leaflets is I have two young kids and didn't want my evenings and weekend's knocking and not seeing them :( I'll try and get my leaflets posted and and see what the response is when I've put them all out

We don't do any door knocking any longer and rely solely on leafleting to build the business. It is not the quickest way, but like you I am balancing home life and work life.  As many have commented on here before, you get higher quality of customers leafleting, but you do need to get a lot of leaflets out, to get them. Good luck  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Rob clarke

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:30 am »

We don't do any door knocking any longer and rely solely on leafleting to build the business. It is not the quickest way, but like you I am balancing home life and work life.  As many have commented on here before, you get higher quality of customers leafleting, but you do need to get a lot of leaflets out, to get them. Good luck  :)
Thanks Richard I'll get there even if it takes a bit longer  ;)

Tom-01

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:32 am »

I can see they work if you're delivering 100,000's.

I've always found I get a much better, higher prices, quality customer from canvassing.

Rob clarke

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »
So 5k isn't worth bothering with really? And best to knock?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »

5k is a good number.

it depends on your scale, you profit, and your ambition.

5 k will get you some custom. i recommend charging double for the first clean so you get money back faster.

we leaflet 7-13,000 a month, but when i started i did nothing like that.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Rob clarke

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »

5k is a good number.

it depends on your scale, you profit, and your ambition.

5 k will get you some custom. i recommend charging double for the first clean so you get money back faster.

we leaflet 7-13,000 a month, but when i started i did nothing like that.
Cheers Richard, do you have someone putting your leaflets out for you and how much does it cost if you do?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:54 pm »
We stick with leaflets because while I'm working on other things, customers come in.  Over the weekend I may be at the beach and our leaflets are going out and picking up customers.  Ditto for evenings.  I don't have to give up time with the family to grow the business.   

Also all of our customers have read our leaflet, liked our prices and been bothered to pick up the phone and call.

Canvassing is fine but it needs more of your time spent on it.

And to answer your original question, create a leaflet that answers all the questions a likely customer would ask if they phoned.  How often, how much, what guarantee, etc.

Vin

Rob clarke

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 07:54:13 pm »
We stick with leaflets because while I'm working on other things, customers come in.  Over the weekend I may be at the beach and our leaflets are going out and picking up customers.  Ditto for evenings.  I don't have to give up time with the family to grow the business.   

Also all of our customers have read our leaflet, liked our prices and been bothered to pick up the phone and call.

Canvassing is fine but it needs more of your time spent on it.

And to answer your original question, create a leaflet that answers all the questions a likely customer would ask if they phoned.  How often, how much, what guarantee, etc.

Vin

Thanks vin, when you say tell them how much do you mean per window and you put that on your leaflet?

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »
2-3 per 1000 is my average return also.

Tbh leafletting yourself is not the best time for result return, canvassing is

best to pay someone else to do both if you want any sort of life outside work

Rob clarke

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:15 pm »
I'm going back out knocking Sunday afternoon will spend Saturday with kids  :)

Og

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 10:55:13 pm »
I get about 2 or 3 out of hundred from leaflets. I deliver them all though.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 11:21:07 pm »
Thanks vin, when you say tell them how much do you mean per window and you put that on your leaflet?

As per website.

Vin

duncan h

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 06:02:20 pm »
I bank 5000 at a time out. No fancy leaflets, yet.
I usually get 5 good customers who stay. 4 who want a 1 off at £20 and 4 who want it cheaper that I want to do it, or are just rubbish.
I pay £25 per 1000. £125. Soon pays off.
I tried doing new estates on my own. Say 50 or so. Never got anything but bad feet. So Istick with this mad cow, who likes walking all day. Pays for me