This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris turner

Smudger or anyone near slough
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:00:09 pm »
What's the furthest you travel? (Smudger)

I have a large house in iver heath near Slough, literally across the road from pinewood studios.
The owner wants the roof, brickwork etc all jetwashed, gutters cleared and cleaned.

I don't do Jetwashing and I won't lie, the gutters look a pig to clear, their deep gutters with only about an inch and a bit opening.
I'm to busy to even think about tackling the gutters at the moment .

The guy is a really nice fella and he wants a good job done, also wants it done asap.

Will post some pics when I get home.

If smudger is not interested then anyone near Slough who is, please email me a rough idea of price and availability.
enquiries.primeshine@gmail.com

chris turner

Re: Smudger
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:21:15 pm »

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:22:44 pm »

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 03:39:46 pm »
Nice pad Chris...

Shame about the stupid gutters though as looks like if possible the cowling would need removing first to clear all the guttering & downspouts properly. That’s another classic example of architects not having a clue or even thinking about how to go about maintenance on a building afterwards.

I take it the studio was named after all the  pine trees around it .  ::)roll
I'm also guessing that house is called pinewood house/lodge ;D ;D

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 04:26:43 pm »
Nice pad Chris...

Shame about the stupid gutters though as looks like if possible the cowling would need removing first to clear all the guttering & downspouts properly. That’s another classic example of architects not having a clue or even thinking about how to go about maintenance on a building afterwards.

I take it the studio was named after all the  pine trees around it .  ::)roll
I'm also guessing that house is called pinewood house/lodge ;D ;D

The house was only built 18 months ago, the owner got on the phone today to the builder and asked if he could contact the gutter manufacturer to get there recommendation on best way to clear them.
The builder's response was 'dont need to, the gutters are easy to clean out, we did them not long after the place was built, just get your hands in there'.   ::)roll
Just shows he's talking poop like most builders, you can get your hand in, but once you grab some muck you can't get it back it!
Plus iv cleaned the windows there from day 1 and watched the gutters filling over time so I know they havnt been touched.

Think you may be right on removing the cowling smurf, each 6ft section is scrwed on with 4 normal Philips screws. Might be a case of undoing these, removing the front face, cleaning then reattaching.
Would be extremely difficult with a vac.

Thought I'd offer it to smudger as he seems to do alot of difficult, hard to access jobs and has the equipment and manpower.

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 04:32:23 pm »
I would say get that smart arse builder back to do them then as he obviously knows it can be done by hand no probs.  ;D

Smudger

Re: Smudger or anyone near slough
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:13 am »
Gosh! Thx for thinking of me, Slough is a very long way from me, but for the right job I'd travel, but not sure that the premium for doing that would be the best for your client.

Why roof and wall cleaning when the property is so new ??
Yes those gutters are not practice in any way shape or form  >:(

Drop me an email and I'll give you some ball park figures
oddbods@icloud.com

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience