Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slippy

A friend has been doing gardening for a crazy old German lady and she allowed him to store his gardening stuff there.  He then asked if he could store his window cleaning barrels and she said yes if she even understood what he meant.  He has been storing his poles and resin, pump and 3 DI canistors.  He was going to hers on a Saturday morning early when her friends would never go and run 100- 175 litres of her water through the DIs to barrels in his boot in his car.  Recently, her friend saw him in the garage at an unusual time at night just pottering around and the told her she is now angry that he's treating the garage as his own.  Is what he did wrong?  Is using her water wrong or storing his stuff there wrong/theft?    Pretty sure no one has seen him using water but there are DI canistors around he could say he filled up at customers places if asked.

He did lots of crap jobs for her that no one else would do and got paid rubbish money for it as he had her storage effectively as payment so he did it.   She never uses garage, apart from water usage it's  all fair isn't it?

G Griffin

Hard to say without knowing more but it doesn't sound good.
I don't know what sort of trouble he could be in but I'd apologise and remove my stuff, asap.

Oh, and don't mention the war!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

the king

ide just get the gear out and move on if he has a key then he shouldent be in any trouble as she had to of gave it to him so get gear out post key throu leter box job done no more crapy jobs win win lol

8weekly

Your mate could argue it was just reparations.

Smudger

This for real ?

Yes it's theft, using an excuse that you got paid rubbish money is not an excuse to do as you feel fit in someone else's property, you needed to have agreed a better price for the works carried out. Then got a written agreement about what you are doing in the garage, sneaking around at different times so you don't get seen shows that you know what you are doing is wrong

Are you paying for this water your taking ???

Sounds like you've taken advantage of an elderly, vulnerable person who kindly let. You store some equipment in the garage - not a nice way to pay them back is it

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

8weekly

This for real ?

Yes it's theft, using an excuse that you got paid rubbish money is not an excuse to do as you feel fit in someone else's property, you needed to have agreed a better price for the works carried out. Then got a written agreement about what you are doing in the garage, sneaking around at different times so you don't get seen shows that you know what you are doing is wrong

Sounds like you've taken advantage of an elderly, vulnerable person who kindly let. You store some equipment in the garage - not a nice way to pay them back is it

Darran
It's a "friend".  ;D

Rob clarke

This for real ?

Darran
It's a "friend".  ;D

Lmao  > ;D

Dave Willis

Make a swift brexit out of there. You've been a silly sausage.

Rob clarke

Make a swift brexit out of there. You've been a silly sausage.

+1 lol

Clever Forum Name

Tosh

Most Germans are crazy. Especially the old female variety.

Giving your mate the benefit of the doubt I'd say it's just a misunderstanding. The best thing to do given all concerned is to have him pop back round to speak to her. Explain that it seems to have been a misunderstanding; to apologise (at which point she's likely to go off on one explaining about how hard its been since 'Alf' died and that she came over to this country at some unspecified time after the war, when the two of them got married), wish her well - its likely that at this point she'll realise she could be on to a goodun' and she'll start insinuating about the cost of water; even though she'll not be on a meter, your mate will have to stand there and take it, and maybe offer her something as reparation, "is twenty pounds okay Mrs Wurst?".  She'll reply with an exaggerated huff under her breath. Its at this point for his own benefits that he leaves, pronto, because she'll now be realising that she's on to one here who has a conscience and she needs her drains looking at, and her tap washer in the bathroom and the grass needs cutting.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

A friend has been doing gardening for a crazy old German lady and she allowed him to store his gardening stuff there.  He then asked if he could store his window cleaning barrels and she said yes if she even understood what he meant.  He has been storing his poles and resin, pump and 3 DI canistors.  He was going to hers on a Saturday morning early when her friends would never go and run 100- 175 litres of her water through the DIs to barrels in his boot in his car.  Recently, her friend saw him in the garage at an unusual time at night just pottering around and the told her she is now angry that he's treating the garage as his own.  Is what he did wrong?  Is using her water wrong or storing his stuff there wrong/theft?    Pretty sure no one has seen him using water but there are DI canistors around he could say he filled up at customers places if asked.

He did lots of crap jobs for her that no one else would do and got paid rubbish money for it as he had her storage effectively as payment so he did it.   She never uses garage, apart from water usage it's  all fair isn't it?

Tell 'your friend ' it's someone else's house , whether the lady uses a particular room in her house is none of 'his' business.
Your 'friend ' asked to store gardening equipment there first - why???
Then window cleaning equipment- why????
Then started the production of pure water in her garage....
Has your 'friend ' not got a place of his own??? does he sleep outside her house in his car???
Then 'potters around ' early in the morning when no one is there or late at night....

⭐️             ⭐️               ⭐️

⭐️                ⭐️

🌳________🌳🌳______🌳
               /       |     \
              /        |      \
             /         |       \
            / 🚔    |        \
           /           | 🚔   \
          / 🚔      |          \
         /             |   🚔   \
        /              |            \
                  🗯
             🚘

Woop woop , it's the sound of the police . Woop woop....

Smurf

Slippy you crack me up  ;D ;D

Makes me wonder who the real crazy person is as I'm thinking it's not the lady.

I reckon you have burnt your bridges there and should just move on.
Yes , you are in the wrong and you should have been up front about your intentions in first place.
You could perhaps have asked to rent the garage and to include use of water, not surprised she's now cross about it.
What sort of trouble could you be in ?
Well I doubt it will come to anything other than the good faith and trust you have now lost with this lady but I'm sure she would be within her rights to contact the police about your behavior. Technically you could be accused of trespass and theft of her water supply without her consent.

Clever Forum Name

Maybe you and your friend should go into business together?

Want to get a van at some point.  Although girlfriend has car and will mostly use that would be good to have possibility of taking her and baby in van.  What is good van for two adults and a baby?    Also as I do some gardening is it possible to get a mower and hedgecutter etc in same van with tank?
Is it worth getting a 250 litre tank and then throwing it on bank seat of car then pumping water out of a tank into it and off you go?   Would you just need a pump hose reel and battery?   Also, for storage, is it worth renting a garage?  I currently buy water and use barrels and a trolley; bit of  a part time job.  But if I get more serious storage might be needed.

Would it be better to get a flat with  a garage or a flat or hire one for storage?   How much would a place to hire cost or and how would you find one?

Rob clarke

Want to get a van at some point.  Although girlfriend has car and will mostly use that would be good to have possibility of taking her and baby in van.  What is good van for two adults and a baby?    Also as I do some gardening is it possible to get a mower and hedgecutter etc in same van with tank?
Is it worth getting a 250 litre tank and then throwing it on bank seat of car then pumping water out of a tank into it and off you go?   Would you just need a pump hose reel and battery?   Also, for storage, is it worth renting a garage?  I currently buy water and use barrels and a trolley; bit of  a part time job.  But if I get more serious storage might be needed.

Would it be better to get a flat with  a garage or a flat or hire one for storage?   How much would a place to hire cost or and how would you find one?

This made me lol  ;D

Haha thought as much

Slippy

Yes , you are in the wrong and you should have been up front about your intentions in first place.
You could perhaps have asked to rent the garage and to include use of water, not surprised she's now cross about it.
Well I doubt it will come to anything other than the good faith and trust you have now lost with this lady but I'm sure she would be within her rights to contact the police about your behavior. Technically you could be accused of trespass and theft of her water supply without her consent.

No one has seen any pure water being made.  Although, it's obvious from the equipment (DIs) it has.  But no evidence.   If intervied could say used DIs in car with customers water or at own place.   Just confess to storage.  she gave a key and allowed it so how could you get in trouble!  The lady said he could use the garage and put barrels there.  (She is mental and probably forgot she said it mind).    Best to move all cleaning gear out of flat late tonight?  When none of her old dear friends are there.   Leave gardening stuff.  Might still have a job doing that.  Will go round and see her tomorrow.

Rob clarke

No one has seen any pure water being made.  Although, it's obvious from the equipment (DIs) it has.  But no evidence.   If intervied could say used DIs in car with customers water or at own place.   Just confess to storage.  she gave a key and allowed it so how could you get in trouble!  The lady said he could use the garage and put barrels there.  (She is mental and probably forgot she said it mind).    Best to move all cleaning gear out of flat late tonight?  When none of her old dear friends are there.   Leave gardening stuff.  Might still have a job doing that.  Will go round and see her tomorrow.

So it is you and not your mate???  ;D lol

Slippy ( by name slippy by nature  :D ) you are not doing yourself any favors.
Things come back on you as you are finding out to your cost.
You say she's a bit mad, her dear old friends are looking out for her by the sounds of things. Then what does that make you ? an opportunist taking advantage ( possibly ).
Whether anybody has seen you producing pure water there or not isn't the issue here. Do you really want to be working under the radar that way, knowing what you are doing is without her consent or worried about prying eyes ?
I don't mean to sound harsh and any digs are meant with humor, but do things right.
I've been in a similar situation re getting a supply of water in order to work. Its difficult yes but not impossible. I had to run an ro out the window of my first floor flat to my street parked van for 7 + years. The only reason I don't anymore is because parking has become increasingly difficult and began dictating my working day and free time. I sourced a supply of ro water from another windy that I  pay for.
Can you not do the same ?
Trying to save a few quid or obtaining water fraudulently is only going to end badly and leave you high and dry ( at the least ) without the means of being able to work.