This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

uh oh!!! neck n shoulder pain
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:29 pm »
Started on me about 1 month ago. When using pole when head tilted back struggling to hold head n now pain onto shoulders. Absolutely brutal today

brianbarber

Re: uh oh!!! neck n shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 05:58:41 pm »
It's sounding like a trapped nerve in your neck, this usually gives bad pain in the shoulders.
Suggest ice pack on shoulder, every evening.
Also plenty of the voltoral gel.
Take nurofen befor work
If it's killing you, go docs for stronger pain killers and muscle relaxants.
Make sure you sit upright at home.
Check van seat make sure you use lumber fully out on seat , if no lumber adjustment, use a small cushion at the base of the seat back.
Look at standing back as far as poss when poling upstairs Windows, lightest pole available.
Go to see an osteopath.
I have this condition, I get flare ups, the worst last year lasted over 9 weeks.
 It's a tough one.

I feel your pain.....literally

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 06:31:21 pm »
Go to the gym!

(Yea, I'm trolling ;D)

edward1

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »
go to your doctor ,

matty72

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »
I get neck and shoulder pain as well, sometimes just have to rest it for a few days, no heavy lifting etc, is difficult though

chris turner

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »
I get neck and shoulder pain as well, sometimes just have to rest it for a few days, no heavy lifting etc, is difficult though

Or...
You could do some heavy lifting at the gym a few times a week, eat well, do some stretches, problem solved.
You'll be amazed at how  good you feel after just a couple of months. Those awkward windows above conservatives, a breeze. 2 hours looking up cleaning fascias, easy.

duncan h

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »
SEE A DOCTOR.
Don't guess.
 If its nerve. no problem. If its worn, problem.

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:36 pm »
Play the drums!

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 09:21:14 pm »
Go to the gym!

(Yea, I'm trolling ;D)

That's probably a bit late now, but for injury prevention, exercise is good.

We either make the time to exercise now or make the time to probably be ill later.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 08:03:46 pm »
In most cases if you have shoulder pain due to wfpoling it will be the rotator cuff, various exercises using an elastic band should cure it.

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:42:20 pm »
In most cases if you have shoulder pain due to wfpoling it will be the rotator cuff, various exercises using an elastic band should cure it.

I had this quite badly about 7/8 years ago; I went to the docs and he gave me some really strong anti-inflammatory tablets which sorted it out in about a week.

Wrecked my guts though.

Craig 72

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57:41 am »
I'm in the same boat.Started with neck pain on my left side that's now gone into my shoulders.Pain even going down into my mid back now.By lunchtime I'm in so much pain have to take strong painkillers to keep going.Had massage,physio and acupuncture and now waiting on the results of an mri scan.Been going to the gym for years so don't think strengthening is a problem.Think it's just a case of your head being locked in the same position for hours a day looking up.I'm looking more and more into branching off into other areas now because of it.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 08:42:08 am »
Yoga definitely helped me , try this as soon as you wake or when you finish work - great for any time of the day !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9c1Cv0lFDYg

Michael Peterson

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 06:50:18 pm »
yoga for me as well im a grappler and it helps grapplers neck