This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

RO system compared to DI
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:44:28 am »
Water up here in scotland is very soft and im sure ours is 28ppm

I am currently di  set up. If i was to change to a RO set up would there be any benefits and how much waste be produced

nathankaye

Re: RO system compared to DI
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 07:44:10 am »
At 028 tds you could clean windows with that alone. But i wouldnt chance it, tho many have and do as its well under the mark of what the human eye could see.

However to answer your question i would have thought it boils down to cost. As in, how much do you spend on di resin per month, how often do you work (need to produce 000 water) and would you have a static tank for storage. Im sure an ro systen would take it down to lesss than 010 and again cut out need for regular suply of resin. So then its the cost of which RO compared to Di and cost of water if on a meter  (for waste to pure ratio)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:41:28 am »
At 28ppm an RO wont save you any money even if not on a meter, the saving on resin will be used up on buying the RO
pre filters and membranes.
Honestly if my water was as low as yours I wouldn't even consider a RO.
I take it that you run a double DI to save on resin ?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:15:03 am »
I personally would still RO it if I don't flush my RO for ages it comes out at about 30 when filters are on there way too,my resin last a lot lot longer when coming out of RO at about 4 and then polishing it in the van. I reckon 3-4 times longer.

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 11:33:10 am »
Yeah twin di set up. I was just curious. 

ChumBucket

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »
At 28ppm an RO wont save you any money even if not on a meter, the saving on resin will be used up on buying the RO
pre filters and membranes.
Honestly if my water was as low as yours I wouldn't even consider a RO.
I take it that you run a double DI to save on resin ?

Perfect advice ;)