Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dumped - would you?
« on: May 12, 2016, 06:47:28 pm »
Took on a new customer last month , told her a tenner once a month , my friend gets it done for £5 blah blah ...
Anyways she agreed, windows were mingin , took me an hour first clean, when finished she said my husband said your overcharging me but il pay you £10.
Yesterday I txt her, your windows will be cleaned tomorrow morning- can we leave it til next month as my husband has done some cleaning  ???
Me- sorry but il take you off my round then as you signed up for a monthly window clean
- oh ok my husband said you can clean them
Today during cleaning , my husband said your overcharging me.
Me - sorry but I can't do your windows anymore .....

Would you have carried on or just dump?

Smurf

Re: Dumped - would you?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:54:54 pm »
 ;D ;D classic

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 07:08:57 pm »
Wouldn't have turned up and done todays clean if I'm honest...

Rather clean peoples windows that want a window cleaner, not have one because they've been guilt tripped
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

callum99

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:15:16 pm »
let some other mug do them mate :(

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:11 pm »
I wouldn't have got the job in the first place.
Your monthly figures ok maybe, but for the first clean? I'd have said £20 for the first and then £10 a month thereafter. Minging to perfect for a tenner? From what you've said she would have had a stroke.

I've never had anyone say I'm ripping them off, I've been told that I'm too dear but alway replied with compared to who? At this point they either say it's more than I expected or my sisters windy only charges tuppence hapeny, I say use him then. There is normally a reason why they won't.

If your about right for the area you service, just move on and find someone that values your service

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »
.....and some other mug will , probably the big boys in town who do a fiver a pop. To be honest I know lads that charge a £5 / £7 / £8 but none of them are as good as me you see that's why their prices are so low! Iv worked in Liverpool and southport and prices are a tenner , All my other custys haven't got a problem paying £10+ , I picked up a mid terrace for £12 the other day ( alleyway next to her front door to get to back)  and she was over the moon! so I must be doing something right

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:55 pm »
Sounds to me they would have dumped you anyway so no great loss.

As mentioned before I would also charge a lot more for a first clean especialy if was minging. That way sorts out the messers/cheapskates  and others that really are after a one-off or add-hoc clean. Charging a lot more also means I don't end up out of pocket.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 08:22:01 pm »
People pay for the service they deserve, and it's not yours.

lal

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 08:36:13 pm »

Shrek  £10.00 is definitely  too cheap for a first time minging job, which they didn't even appreciate, you were right
 to dump the tight fisted cheapskates.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 08:46:44 pm »
Cheers guys  , your opinions are much appreciated ✌️

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 09:01:29 pm »
Yep, definately dumped em. Esp if said overcharging her, i would have been tempted to cut my losses halfway thru clean leaving them a mix of dirty n clean windows.
I had a customer charged em a tenner which like in your case was cheap, but more expensive than others in area. Once after txting about gate n not opening it after 2 reminders (night before n same morning) i charged them 7. She started arguing how im expensive. Simple reply was, you agreed to my pricing plan when agreed my employment and second wheres your other window cleaner who charged less than me? Oh yes he did a bad nob and scratched your windows. Thank you for ur service and goodbye
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 10:46:03 pm »
I wouldn't have got the job in the first place.
Your monthly figures ok maybe, but for the first clean? I'd have said £20 for the first and then £10 a month thereafter. Minging to perfect for a tenner? From what you've said she would have had a stroke.

I've never had anyone say I'm ripping them off, I've been told that I'm too dear but alway replied with compared to who? At this point they either say it's more than I expected or my sisters windy only charges tuppence hapeny, I say use him then. There is normally a reason why they won't.

If your about right for the area you service, just move on and find someone that values your service

This.
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
I now always go by what I feel about the customer and my gut instinct.

Also, any new customer who argues over price and/or mentions how the previous window cleaner charged less - bye bye.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 11:37:17 pm »
I'd have suggested getting her husband to clean them.

Don't you love these family members that are all too eager to tell there relatives, 'Your being ripped of/overcharged etc,' and then aren't willing to lift a finger to clean them themselves.

Had a lovely old lady a few years back. Charged her a fiver for her small flat. She was over the moon. Windows were real bad, didn't look like they had ever been cleaned. Got them all nice, frames included at no extra charge for the first clean. Cleaned them for some considerable time and always got on well with her. Then one day her Daughter visited and what a piece of work she was. Came out accused me of ripping her mum off.  Real nasty! Told me to quit. The old lady never spoke to me again even though I tried to sort it with her when her daughter wasn't around. A few months later she had filthy windows again. Never did get another windy as far as I recall.

matty72

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 12:21:56 pm »
I would of got out about the same time, I always like to give new awkard custys the benefit of the doubt even though everything says dump because on occasion they turn out ok, but the longer you do the job the more you get a nose for sniffing out the blaggers and saving yourself aload of crap.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 02:33:25 pm »
Did I read right an hour to clean it for a tenner lol,no wonder there's a lot of disbelievers on here lol.

slap bash

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 05:10:17 pm »
Yep, definately dumped em. Esp if said overcharging her, i would have been tempted to cut my losses halfway thru clean leaving them a mix of dirty n clean windows.
I had a customer charged em a tenner which like in your case was cheap, but more expensive than others in area. Once after txting about gate n not opening it after 2 reminders (night before n same morning) i charged them 7. She started arguing how im expensive. Simple reply was, you agreed to my pricing plan when agreed my employment and second wheres your other window cleaner who charged less than me? Oh yes he did a bad nob and scratched your windows. Thank you for ur service and goodbye
Remember customer do not employ, only bosses do.