This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Nothing like a builders clean to start the day!
« on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:18 pm »
 >:( what a friggin mess, bloody idle builders.

Frankybadboy

Re: Nothing like a builders clean to start the day!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:41:18 pm »
2 minute job that and £150 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:42:48 pm »

Then to top it off builders have an uncanny nack to blame the window cleaner for scratching the windows and frames too   ;D :D

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:56:38 pm »
Ooh look at those muscles 😃

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »
Must of taken you ages to clean that big lump of turd off the window ;D

lal

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »

Good luck to you Dave, rather you than me, i hate builders cleans.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »
Had a call the other day from a custie I've cleaned 3-4 times only so far then the builders came in for them,they were left in a similar state and I said I'm not cleaning them get he builders to sort it before I come back it's a disgrace to leave someone's house like that.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »
Had a call the other day from a custie I've cleaned 3-4 times only so far then the builders came in for them,they were left in a similar state and I said I'm not cleaning them get he builders to sort it before I come back it's a disgrace to leave someone's house like that.

So they called a window cleaner then?
We look at them, they look through them.

Positivity

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 09:22:35 am »
Just confirms that most builders seem to be completely stupid!
You can get self adhesive protective film for glass that costs next to nothing on the price of a job.
Just peel it off after and guess what? No mess.
I have seen so much glass completely ruined when the mortar has etched into the glass. I'm surprised how many customers just seem to accept it as part of the job.
I know if I'd paid several hundreds or thousands on glass I would want it protected.

jk999

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 05:16:23 pm »
I picked a brand new house up yesterday must be worth about four hundred grand, she has just had the porch put on front and part off it is metal, who Eva's put it up has grinded  the metal near one of windows  eight Payne s of glass ruined by  grinding sparks

NWH

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »

So they called a window cleaner then?
No the issue is you shouldn't leave someone's windows in that kind of state during or after a job it's a disgrace no decent builder would ever do that,I told her to get the builder to clean them off then we'll both walk round and inspect the ridiculous amount of scratches left on the glass so when I continue to clean them from then on the builder can whistle if he thinks he's gonna blame me. IMO the worst thing you can do is turn up as they are mid build once they've seen you and you say you'll come back after they've finished being careful to make a mess on the glass and frames goes out the window no pun intended.

Soupy

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 09:02:15 am »
I agree getting cement all over windows is unacceptable. Builders should never leave windows in that kind of mess, but they do.

Refusing to clean it and saying the builder has to do it is the wrong approach in my opinion. If the window is a bit scratched now it's going to be much worse after a hairy arsed builder has tried to clean it.

Get a scratch waiver signed and charge plenty, they can be good earners.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

SeanK

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 09:49:12 am »
Scratch wavers aren't worth the paper they're  written on, at the end of the day the person who scratched the glass is responsible
doesn't matter if they get the customers to sign away their rights or not.
Its then up to you and whoever else is involved to prove it was or wasn't them or you.
The problem with builders cleans is you cant prove what the glass is like under the crap until its removed thus making it
very hard to prove who caused the damage, if it does end up in court then its more than likely going to end up in
a 50/50 ruling meaning you split the cost.
Personally there are easier and less stressful ways to make a living so I don't touch them.

Soupy

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 10:05:20 am »
Scratch wavers aren't worth the paper they're  written on, at the end of the day the person who scratched the glass is responsible
Its then up to you and whoever else is involved to prove it was or wasn't them or you.
The problem with builders cleans is you cant prove what the glass is like under the crap until its removed thus making it
very hard to prove who caused the damage, if it does end up in court then its more than likely going to end up in
Personally there are easier and less stressful ways to make a living so I don't touch them.

Not true. 99% of builder's cleans I've done have been billed to the builder. The scratch waiver is part of the contract between you and them.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Tom-01

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 10:06:57 am »
When we clear gutters we remove all the moss, leaves, debris etc and leave it all over the customers patio/lawn/drive.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 10:35:50 am »
No I just don't want to clean it off I'm full to the brim with good work why would I want to give myself extra work just because the builders been an idiot

SeanK

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »

Not true. 99% of builder's cleans I've done have been billed to the builder. The scratch waiver is part of the contract between you and them.

A scratch waiver is not a legal contract, you cant say to somebody I'm going to work at your property and if I do happen to cause
damage then I wont be held responsible, doesn't matter if they agree to it or not.
Waivers are used in all sorts of situations just to deter people from seeking compensation but they are not above the law
which states if you cause damage then you are responsible.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

A scratch waiver is not a legal contract, you cant say to somebody I'm going to work at your property and if I do happen to cause
damage then I wont be held responsible, doesn't matter if they agree to it or not.
Waivers are used in all sorts of situations just to deter people from seeking compensation but they are not above the law
which states if you cause damage then you are responsible.

Not quite so simple as that.  If the customer is made aware that because of the condition of the property to be cleaned there is a possibility that damage may be caused and that before you undertake the work there is no way you can know whether it is already damaged or whether attempting to clean it will cause further damage and you also undertake to exercise all possible care to avoid causing damage and having been made aware of all this the customer still asks you to undertake the work then it is entirely at his risk.

For you to be liable there has to be an element of negligence.