This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Alternate poles to gardiners
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:01:23 pm »
Are there any useful alternatives

Ive an slx but think of trying eomething lighter

What are my options?

Thanks lads

the king

Re: Alternate poles to gardiners
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:34 pm »
facelift neon

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 07:33:37 am »
just buy an xtreme x3.much lighter and a lot more rigid than an SLX.absolutely the best poles on the market.they are also a lot tougher than previous versions so you shouldnt have problems with sections snapping(although ive never snapped any section of any poles)and i shut windows with them all the time.
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:47:55 pm »
Extreme all the way for me every poles an extreme I not into building up my rear delts anymore there big enough now,don't think about the money think about you body you can earn more money.

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:05:09 pm »
Are there any useful alternatives

Ive an slx but think of trying eomething lighter

What are my options?

Thanks lads

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 04:28:52 pm »
Not tried a Neon from facelift but as far as weight goes I think it's similar weight.

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »
Not tried a Neon from facelift but as far as weight goes I think it's similar weight.

Didn't you try the Neon brush? ;D

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 06:03:03 pm »
Don't even bother. Stick with Gardiner. They are tried and tested. Tuff as old boots.
They do make your hands much blacker than other, for some reason

slap bash

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »
Looks like you are looking for a girls pole. I am an old fella and use a SLX and would not dream of using a lighter pole. You develop the strength to use a pole so why would you want a lighter pole. How to you  pee sitting or standing  ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »
Looks like you are looking for a girls pole. I am an old fella and use a SLX and would not dream of using a lighter pole. You develop the strength to use a pole so why would you want a lighter pole. How to you  pee sitting or standing  ;D ;D ;D

So if you "develop the strength to use a pole" go and get a heavier pole then ...  ::)roll

Stupid advice.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 07:40:43 pm »

Didn't you try the Neon brush? ;D
Indeed I did its know mounted as a trophy for the worst brush sold in 2015-16 lol.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »

why would you not dream of using a lighter pole?why make window cleaning harder work than necessary to earn your living?

poling all day with a lighter,more rigid pole cuts down on unnecessary strain for sure.30-35 hours a week of WFP and  reaching over connys/extensions and higher level work certainly is easier with xtreme poles.

multiply that over the weeks,months,years of your working life and it makes a hell of a difference.

i still do strength training,cycling,taking the dog on long walks,play drums etc,etc and all the other active things we do in life but i want to keep as little strain as possible when window cleaning! ;)
price higher/work harder!

slap bash

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 09:41:37 pm »
Touched a nerve there did I, girls ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)roll

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:46 pm »
Have to agree...I think the best all round pole is the SLX 25...

NWH

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:48 pm »
Even a slightly heavier pole will have a dramatic effect on the body the course of a day-week,it's repetitive work up and down side to side etc the lighter the better the heavier the harder the job is IMO. If I go from a superlite brush to an extreme my elbows feel it almost immediately.

EandM

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 08:48:29 am »
I'm still on a CLX-22 which must be three years old and the first pole I've ever had to replace the brush on before I've thrown the pole away.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 10:55:42 am »
Touched a nerve there did I, girls ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)roll

I hope you stay lucky slap; but RSI and joint problems are very real for some people and to mock them instead of giving sensible advice doesn't make you a tough person.

Even if you are fighting fit, financially it makes more sense to be able to work more hours if you want to because you have the most productive equipment.

slap bash

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 12:44:07 pm »
Mr. Gold you will have me in tears if you keep this up,  relax. I don `t   think lighter than an SLX will make any difference to any one`s joints, But Gardeners makes a fortune on these thoughts. I would pay more for a pole over 35 foot because its rigidity , but the  weight is not an issue with Gardere`s poles. If weight became a problem I would see a physio instead.
Just some stats Super Max weight 2800 grams for the same length.
Ultimate   2600 grams its the fanatic spec in us that make these pole attractive.
With a price difference of £700  price tag, how good is your advice 200 grams will have no impact and the person enquiring did not say he had a muscle problem.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
Mr. Gold you will have me in tears if you keep this up,  relax. I don `t   think lighter than an SLX will make any difference to any one`s joints, But Gardeners makes a fortune on these thoughts. I would pay more for a pole over 35 foot because its rigidity , but the  weight is not an issue with Gardere`s poles. If weight became a problem I would see a physio instead.
Just some stats Super Max weight 2800 grams for the same length.
Ultimate   2600 grams its the fanatic spec in us that make these pole attractive.
With a price difference of £700  price tag, how good is your advice 200 grams will have no impact and the person enquiring did not say he had a muscle problem.

What on earth are you on about?

the king

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »
mr gold has bin  bitch slaped  ;D ;D ;D