Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Non payer getting desperate
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »
Got an ex-customer who still owes me 90 euros (approx 70 quid in real money) from 3 years ago. They have since moved house where I actually cleaned their windows when they moved in (yeah, I know, but at least I got paid for that clean).

They have (or rather the boyfriend has) been on my case since xmas about getting the windows cleaned again. I have had 3 phone calls in the last week asking me to call, so they're clearly getting a bit desperate now.

This time I have decided to really dig in and refuse to clean until I get paid in full what is owed. He says it's nothing to do with him as his girlfriend doesn't live with him (she does, as do her sprogs and expensive furniture).

He has said that she has offered to pay 20 a week until the debt is cleared (I only have his not exactly trustworthy word for this). I said fine, when it's paid off I will do them.

I did have a bit of a rant at him that if he was in my situation, how would he feel, and when he said they were on the social, I went up a gear and told him that I work for my money, and don't claim any benefits, so when I get stiffed for payment I have to make that up somehow, and she has not once offered to pay me, in fact she told me to  **** off the last time I asked for payment. Do you think that is fair?

Anyhow, he said he would speak to her (he's probably scared of her so I am not counting on that happening) and we left it at that.

I will keep you updated.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tom20001

Re: Non payer getting desperate
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:15:17 pm »
Got an ex-customer who still owes me 90 euros (approx 70 quid in real money) from 3 years ago. They have since moved house where I actually cleaned their windows when they moved in (yeah, I know, but at least I got paid for that clean).

They have (or rather the boyfriend has) been on my case since xmas about getting the windows cleaned again. I have had 3 phone calls in the last week asking me to call, so they're clearly getting a bit desperate now.

This time I have decided to really dig in and refuse to clean until I get paid in full what is owed. He says it's nothing to do with him as his girlfriend doesn't live with him (she does, as do her sprogs and expensive furniture).

He has said that she has offered to pay 20 a week until the debt is cleared (I only have his not exactly trustworthy word for this). I said fine, when it's paid off I will do them.

I did have a bit of a rant at him that if he was in my situation, how would he feel, and when he said they were on the social, I went up a gear and told him that I work for my money, and don't claim any benefits, so when I get stiffed for payment I have to make that up somehow, and she has not once offered to pay me, in fact she told me to  **** off the last time I asked for payment. Do you think that is fair?

Anyhow, he said he would speak to her (he's probably scared of her so I am not counting on that happening) and we left it at that.

I will keep you updated.

John

Bad form on their behalf johnny.

I wouldnt touch them until they pay the debt and wouldnt clean again for them unless they pay in advance

the king

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:15:43 pm »
get ur money and run lmfao  ;D dont do any thing for them again once a bad payer allways a bad payer replace with a new good beta priced payer :)

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:39:44 pm »

I will keep you updated.

John

Bad form on their behalf johnny.

I wouldnt touch them until they pay the debt and wouldnt clean again for them unless they pay in advance

Yup, that's what I am thinking too. Even if they pay up, (which I seriously doubt) I don't really want the job anyway, as I have weeded out quite a few similar types, and have a decent clientele now. To me it's more about the principle than the money now, especially as the debt is 3 years old. I used to write debts off, but these days I record them in case the non-payer decides to try their luck with me again!

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

the king

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »
i had a job that never payed  me £10 she collored me last month and payed me after nearly a year lol said realy sory about late payment ect she said can u clean them again  i said yea got my money and never reterned lol ;D

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »
I can't get my head around if you knew they owed you 90 euros from 3 years ago why on earth did you take them back on at a new address without the old debt being paid in full first.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:04:35 am »
**** em, seriously, do you really need that much grief ?
Tell em straight, to do one and not waste your time anymore. You will not see the money.

jk999

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:07:17 am »
I wouldn't hold your breath what makes you think they are gonna pay after three years if they wanted to pay you would have had it by now

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 12:29:02 am »
I can't get my head around if you knew they owed you 90 euros from 3 years ago why on earth did you take them back on at a new address without the old debt being paid in full first.

Good question! The woman's teenage daughter (who I failed to recognize) let me in, whilst her mum kept out of sight, and it was only when I was halfway through the job that I realised who they were! I didn't make a fuss about the money owed then, as I thought it may jeopardise my getting paid for this initial clean. Fortunately I was , although I didn't get the money owed from their previous house.

John

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 12:41:48 am »
**** em, seriously, do you really need that much grief ?
Tell em straight, to do one and not waste your time anymore. You will not see the money.

I agree with you that I don't expect to see the money. I suppose I am playing a game with them really, with them hoping to mug me off again, whilst I do the same by refusing to clean for them!

I'll give them until I am in their area again (4 weeks' time) to give them a last chance to contact me about payment, and in the most likely event that that doesn't happen, then I will block their phone numbers. 

John

Johnny B

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 12:44:36 am »
I wouldn't hold your breath what makes you think they are gonna pay after three years if they wanted to pay you would have had it by now

I know, I've more chance of picking a customer up on the moon than getting paid by this one!

John

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 07:06:22 am »
i think because you cleaned for them previously (and got paid)their trying it on again.how did they end up owing you £70 three years ago if their on benefits?(add on job?,7 cleans?)surely they dont live in a large house.
price higher/work harder!

EandM

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 08:03:36 am »
Ruuuuunnnnn !

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 08:46:38 am »
I don't understand how someone can live with themselves and try to stiff someone over like that.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 08:47:05 am »
I don't understand how someone can live with themselves by contemplating going back for more aggravation.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 09:03:54 am »
i think because you cleaned for them previously (and got paid)their trying it on again.how did they end up owing you £70 three years ago if their on benefits?(add on job?,7 cleans?)surely they dont live in a large house.

It was only a 3 bed semi Daz, I used to be soft, and was sympathetic to their excuses as to why they couldn't pay. The 4th (and last time at their previous house) she then got nasty with me, at which point my sympathy evaporated!

What made it worse is that she also pleaded poverty, yet when her young son inadvertantly opened her purse in front of me it contained a large sum (enough to pay me several times over)!

John

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 09:08:11 am »
I don't understand how someone can live with themselves by contemplating going back for more aggravation.

I try to work with people as best I can, but I have my limit.  :)

John

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 09:19:54 am »
If they're not working with you ....

matty72

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 01:48:58 pm »
madness, dont do again, chase your money its yours, make there lifes a bit difficult, hassle them for abit, if you dont get anywhere after a bit have to right it off.

duncan h

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 06:08:04 pm »
I cant even believe you posted it.
Tell them where to go and never go back. These scum bags need sorting