Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Todays disaster
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:16:20 pm »
Massive stately home just down the road too. Turned up and decided it might be a good idea to have a test run.
Tried one pane and the water shot straight through. Hasn't been cleaned for at least twenty years. Insides are worse than outside and it's fitted with secondary double glazing.

NWH

Re: Todays disaster
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
Lol done a few like this still do em don't get downhearted Dave they might not all leak that bad although they might all leak a bit,regardless I still pole them I just told them what might happen and they said don't worry they leak with driving rain in places. I remember the days laddering jobs like that ahhhhhh those were the days.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »
Heritage leaded windows I stay well away from as just imagin the cost if any of those get damaged. Even with light pressure using a wfp they could give way at anytime never mind may leak.  On that note you are a much braver man than me to even try to attempt to cleaning them.  I do also hope you are well insured?

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:01:42 pm »
I am well insured. However, the stuff inside is worth a fortune much of it irreplaceable. I explained they might leak but the water shot through and hit the secondary glazing. Decided to turn the job down. It's a massive job and the insides would take weeks, possibly months which might explain why no-one has cleaned them.

paulben

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »
Day of disasters doing a convent nuns all gone out so thought I would be clever and turn around instead of reversing down long single road hedges each side . So thought I would drive into car port and reverse out doing 3 point turn . Crunch forgot about ladders , clamp hit the wood work and took a lump out Whoops
Do not steal the government hates competition

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »
Day of disasters doing a convent nuns all gone out so thought I would be clever and turn around instead of reversing down long single road hedges each side . So thought I would drive into car port and reverse out doing 3 point turn . Crunch forgot about ladders , clamp hit the wood work and took a lump out Whoops
10 hail Mary's for you then  :D

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:26 pm »
Don't make it a Habit

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »
some jobs are just not worth the headache/hassle.....that is defo one of em! ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 12:07:02 am »
When I read the word disaster, I thought you'd got stuck in a field again.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »
some jobs are just not worth the headache/hassle.....that is defo one of em! ;D

Indeed  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:17 pm »
using pencil jets i bet ?

fan jets with flow turned down mate.

duncan h

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 05:58:27 pm »
using pencil jets i bet ?

fan jets with flow turned down mate.
Good idea. If that's goes through, then rain will

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 06:21:50 pm »
I did think of using fans instead but don't really want to take the chance with it to be honest. 50' up and I won't see what's happening 'till it's too late.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »
Fans would be worse for water getting in you may as well jet wash em if you use fans awful things.