Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Osha clean
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2016, 02:40:00 pm »
I have signed up two weeks ago because I was interested to see how it works but heard nothing yet.  They are top of Google in my area now.

What search terms result in them as the top answer?

Vin
I suspect it's adwords.

I'm sure it is, so what search terms result in them as the top answer?

Vin

DaveG

« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2016, 02:44:47 pm »
"unlikely to succeed window cleaning middle-man"

;D
You can't polish a turd

Smurf

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2016, 03:15:31 pm »
Why on earth would you need to sign up to this crap Smurf? Are you not what you make yourself out to be?

What are you on about Dave as I've never said I did sign up with osha.
What I actualy did say I signed up to a software firm they use to take a look at it. I'm thinking of going national so I can't sit on my arse all day long skimming off the top from hard working folk like yourself.   ;D ;D

Soupy

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2016, 03:43:40 pm »
I have signed up two weeks ago because I was interested to see how it works but heard nothing yet.  They are top of Google in my area now.

What search terms result in them as the top answer?

Vin
I suspect it's adwords.

I'm sure it is, so what search terms result in them as the top answer?

Vin

window cleaning kettering
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Perfect Windows

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
window cleaning kettering

Ah, OK, that's possibly their method of generating business.  Sign on a windy in town "X" and bung in a bid on Adwords for "Window Cleaning X".  Saves them wasting their money with less targeted stuff.

Vin

Smurf

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2016, 04:26:38 pm »
Oh naughty me as I've clicked more than once on their google pay per click ad...Oops! me bad   ;D

CF Facilities

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »
Osha must be watching this thread with interest as they have now pulled the plug on advertising in Kettering. They no longer appear so I guess they have dumped me.!

Replace with two more middle men now 😃

Tosh

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »
Osha must be watching this thread with interest as they have now pulled the plug on advertising in Kettering. They no longer appear so I guess they have dumped me.!

Nope, they've not been on for ages.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2016, 07:35:20 pm »

Nope, they've not been on for ages.

I suspect someone has been clicking their ad and they've reached their daily limit.

robert mitchell

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2016, 07:52:49 am »
They could be watching the threads from a different account .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Soupy

« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »
They could be watching the threads from a different account .

Or no account whatsoever. You don't need to be logged in to see this forum.

Smurf

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2016, 03:57:41 pm »
Like I do most of the time  ;D

Soupy

« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »
Still on the go??

Smurf

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2016, 06:02:39 pm »
Just another brainwave failed I'm guessing.
Who would be dumb enough to work for them anyway  ;D ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2016, 02:13:15 pm »
I followed this thread carefully and at the time I was struck by the fact that 100% of the replies were completely negative (my own included) and thought perhaps it was unfair that only a few actually offered any constructive comments.  It did rather give the impression that CIU members on the whole revelled in the opportunity to heap scorn on someone's misguided attempt at setting up their own business.

I emailed Louise and offered to try to explain why their idea was being treated so badly.

She replied, thanked me for taking the time to contact her and asked that I forward my thoughts on and analysis of their business model. 

I did that and a couple of weeks later had the following reply:

Hi Ian

My apologies for taking a few days to respond to your email, it has been a busy week and I wanted to give your comments as much time and trouble to read as you so obviously took in writing them.

So having read your feedback now in full, first of all I wanted to thank you for the time and thought gone into it. As a new business in a busy market of course we read, appreciate and consider all the feedback we receive, from window cleaners we have already signed up, our customers and also those who disagree with our business model.

We will give all your comments consideration, but as I am sure you can imagine, having read them through we need to give them considerable thought so I can't respond to you now with any changes we might consider making as a result, or indeed any feedback as to where your understanding of our model is not quite accurate.

Your feedback is very valuable as a long standing member of the window cleaning community and I can assure you that we will give it appropriate consideration. In the meantime if you have any other comments or questions please do let us know.

Kind Regards,

Louise.

I haven't heard anything since.

Smudger

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »
well done Ian,
like your good self i hate to see people criticised and run into the ground for no reason, but sometimes an idea is so bad, and having been tried before was not likely to be received well on a window cleaning forum.

its great for customers who only want a bespoke/1 off clean and expect to pay very little for that service and good for Ohsa who are the agent getting paid in advance but not releasing the balance of payment until well after the cleaner has done the job.

from their perspective im sure the model works fine, but from the cleaners view its a no go, why do ad hoc work that takes lots of time out of your day for what im guessing is an average of £10 a clean

some engagement on how it works, their financial backup, marketing budget, advertising would have been useful in seeing if this had any hope at all of working

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smurf

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2016, 06:28:17 pm »
So you basically told them it was a crap business model doomed to fail then Ian?
I’ve sure they figured that one out for themselves very quickly too.

sunshine windows

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2016, 07:03:39 pm »
I love the fact she's written 4 paragraphs of pure waffle practically saying the same thing in each one. 😂
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Og

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2016, 10:55:47 pm »
I've done a few jobs. They paid promptly. No dramas.

Smurf

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2016, 11:05:42 pm »
If that's true all I can say is you must be really hard up for work