Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob clarke

Re: Osha clean
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2016, 10:20:33 am »
Cleaning in a St on Saturday normal price £10 had 2 old dears come out one about 80 the other 90, I said £8 last cleaner charging £5.50 and I know this is true as I've picked loads of work up off him as he comes when he feels like it, anyway am I too soft or just good natured?

Smurf

« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2016, 12:38:12 pm »
That's the main advantage of doing your own pricing and seeing for yourself firsthand what the job entails as you can price jobs up accordingly as much or a little as you like unlike working as a sub contractor where the price is already fixed. I also don't think contractors give a toss if you should think the job is under or overpriced as long as they get their cut.

"4.3  The pricing structure charged is set and cannot be altered due to specific Partner requirements. The pricing structure can be obtained upon request to Osha Clean Ltd."

Perfect Windows

« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2016, 01:24:37 pm »
Once you have the data, how do you use it? There is a feature on cleaner planner to store this information, does the system you use have something similar?

Have you stopped an advertising method due to the results of the question?

I've always used flyers, I know the hit rate I get because we usually flyer one area at a time and when the call comes in I don't need to ask. The Internet is always going to be secondary to that for me. I get calls from people who've 'found' me on the Internet but they are just the same as any other customer (albeit usually outwith my current target area).

We use Aworka and it allows us to keep track of where customers come from.  A bit of jiggery-pokery with the numbers and I get the money spent per new customer number which we try to keep as low as possible.  It allows a comparison between (for example) leaflets out with a magazine and solus delivery so we can make sensible choices.

We were flyers only for a long time with a website because we felt we needed one.  Turns out the web is more effective in terms of price per new customer but not good enough at generating the numbers we need (a full-to-the-brim franchisee every year).

To answer the specific question, we haven't actually dropped any method of marketing but we've certainly changed the mix.

Vin

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »
Cleaning in a St on Saturday normal price £10 had 2 old dears come out one about 80 the other 90, I said £8 last cleaner charging £5.50 and I know this is true as I've picked loads of work up off him as he comes when he feels like it, anyway am I too soft or just good natured?

Always stick to your minimum, no matter what they look like or how old they are , otherwise you could get their neighbours/ friends/ relatives then wanting a cheaper price, especially if you already clean on that street because sometimes neighbours talk

Rob clarke

« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2016, 01:36:47 pm »

Always stick to your minimum, no matter what they look like or how old they are , otherwise you could get their neighbours/ friends/ relatives then wanting a cheaper price, especially if you already clean on that street because sometimes neighbours talk

Yeh fair one bud  :)

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
 :)

swanson

« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2016, 07:59:26 am »
I've signed up with them
But haven't got any leads
That was three weeks ago
What does that tell you

CF Facilities

« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2016, 08:19:24 am »
I have signed up two weeks ago because I was interested to see how it works but heard nothing yet.  They are top of Google in my area now.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2016, 08:21:03 am »
I have signed up two weeks ago because I was interested to see how it works but heard nothing yet.  They are top of Google in my area now.

What search terms result in them as the top answer?

Vin

Tosh

« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2016, 08:52:42 am »
"unlikely to succeed window cleaning middle-man"
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2016, 08:57:15 am »
They are using google pay per click adwords to advatise in areas that window cleaners sign up to that's how. Which can work out a very expensive way of trying to generate domestic low value window cleaning leads if you ask me.  Not only that people searching on the internet don't just use google searh engine and if they do will tend to look at the organic search results to find a local cleaner more than the pay per click ads on that page.

Tosh

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
A business model doomed to fail. Nice idea, to think you can make a living from clicking s few buttons and all expenses will be covered with a healthy profit on top. Doesn't work like that.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2016, 10:05:39 am »
One of the enquires I received yesterday was from a lady wanting a quote to clear her guttering as was overflowing when it rains. Turns out the gutters have not been checked & cleaned in 7 years.

Anyway to get to the point I'm trying to make they bought a gutter clearing deal from groupon last year. Then was told that the company offering the deal went bust so never had had them done.  I wonder why? 

Tosh

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2016, 11:19:27 am »
Mr Wilts was offering that on Groupon.

Soupy

« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:22 am »
Mr Wilts was offering that on Groupon.

I seem to remember it was cut short for some reason??

I think he went on holiday.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Dave Willis

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2016, 12:18:30 pm »
Why on earth would you need to sign up to this crap Smurf? Are you not what you make yourself out to be?

CF Facilities

« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:47 pm »

Perfect Windows

« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2016, 01:07:13 pm »

Vin

8weekly

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2016, 02:16:26 pm »

Vin
I suspect it's adwords.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »
It's daft.

Their USP is paying BACS and saying wc don't accept other payment methods other than piggy bank cash.  Then they pay wc by BACS themselves.  ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3