This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Osha clean
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2016, 05:41:24 pm »
I think it's even more odd that four pages of comments haven't resulted in any further response from Osha.

Vin

matty72

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »
Defend yourself Osha or do you feel you can't.

sunshine windows

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 08:47:05 pm »
Are prices set by Osha a blanket 'one size fits all', assuming they are the ones dictating prices to their cleaners. Or are they more realistic in terms of geographics and wealth.

As we all know from many price war threads on various sites, not everyone can get £40+ for a first/one off clean. If they're charging around this ooop norf it would entice a few to join I'm sure. Less appealing for us southern softies though
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2016, 01:30:47 am »
It's a bit odd that a CIU member posts about osha and the next morning there's a reply from them on here.
Not really. There's a pinned (presumably paid for) thread.

I don't know what that means - a pinned thread.

Could you provide a link?

Thanks.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2016, 05:47:39 am »

Soupy

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2016, 06:21:32 am »
It's a bit odd that a CIU member posts about osha and the next morning there's a reply from them on here.

Thanks.

Sometimes I think you are deliberately obtuse. Surely you know what a pinned thread is? It's the threads at the top of the board that don't move.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

8weekly

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2016, 08:21:23 am »

Thanks.

Sometimes I think you are deliberately obtuse. Surely you know what a pinned thread is? It's the threads at the top of the board that don't move.
That thought occurred to me.

Tom-01

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2016, 09:09:55 am »
Hi,

It's great to have your feedback on the service that we are providing, thank you.

Our focus is to offer a service that allows customers to book and pay in a safer and more convenient way and to do that they are paying a small premium. The window cleaners that are registered with us do not pay a set fee, we give them the job details and the price and they can choose whether to accept the job or not.

The benefit to a window cleaner is that there is no requirement to allocate time or money to advertising or collecting monies owed.

You can find more information here https://www.osha-clean.com/partners.html and we are more than happy to answer your questions via this forum.

All the best Louise

Hi Mark & Louise

I've just watched your YouTube video...

Your USP seems to be that the customer doesn't have the hassle of having to find cash to pay the window cleaner..?

We have over 500 customers and only about 20% pay with cash these days... Others pay by bank transfer, direct debit, or card.

So I'm not sure that you're USP is going to work - as most people these days pay electronically - and most window cleaners these days accept various forms of payment not just cash?

Also... How are you going to make any money?

Example... Customer contacts you to have their windows cleaned... It's a £15 job... You spend time sourcing the window cleaner, spend time arranging the clean, and spend time processing the payment - how much of the £15 will you take for your time spent?

Also ... What if you arrange a clean and the window cleaner never turns up, or does a bad job?   It's your company name tarnished...

And... What if a window cleaner does a job for you and then just takes on the customer direct for all future cleans?

I wish you the best - but there are so so many reasons why this idea won't work.

Andy

I though these were good questions.. But so far haven't been answered?

rosskesava

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:32 am »

Thanks.

That thought occurred to me.

Why would I de deliberately obtuse?

No I didn't know what a pinned thread was and incredible as it may sound, I never even look at that stuff at the top of the page.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Soupy

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2016, 09:21:41 am »
Why would I de deliberately obtuse?

No I didn't know what a pinned thread was and incredible as it may sound, I never even look at that stuff at the top of the page.

Maybe I came at that from the wrong angle.

Even if you didn't know what a pinned thread is, it's fairly obvious, you'd have thought?

rosskesava

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2016, 09:25:55 am »

Even if you didn't know what a pinned thread is, it's fairly obvious, you'd have thought?

Maybe to others it is.  No survey has been done so who knows?

8weekly

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:54 am »
Hi,

It's great to have your feedback on the service that we are providing, thank you.

Our focus is to offer a service that allows customers to book and pay in a safer and more convenient way and to do that they are paying a small premium. The window cleaners that are registered with us do not pay a set fee, we give them the job details and the price and they can choose whether to accept the job or not.

The benefit to a window cleaner is that there is no requirement to allocate time or money to advertising or collecting monies owed.

You can find more information here https://www.osha-clean.com/partners.html and we are more than happy to answer your questions via this forum.

All the best Louise

Hi Mark & Louise

Your USP seems to be that the customer doesn't have the hassle of having to find cash to pay the window cleaner..?

We have over 500 customers and only about 20% pay with cash these days... Others pay by bank transfer, direct debit, or card.

So I'm not sure that you're USP is going to work - as most people these days pay electronically - and most window cleaners these days accept various forms of payment not just cash?

Example... Customer contacts you to have their windows cleaned... It's a £15 job... You spend time sourcing the window cleaner, spend time arranging the clean, and spend time processing the payment - how much of the £15 will you take for your time spent?

Also ... What if you arrange a clean and the window cleaner never turns up, or does a bad job?   It's your company name tarnished...

And... What if a window cleaner does a job for you and then just takes on the customer direct for all future cleans?

I wish you the best - but there are so so many reasons why this idea won't work.

Andy

Me too, but it's pretty obvious that they'd have run into a bit of a gauntlet don't you think? Such anger over such a non threat. If people thought about it and asked themselves the question: "how many customers do I get from the Internet?", they would pretty quickly realise that good customers almost never come from there.

Soupy

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2016, 09:50:50 am »

Maybe to others it is.  No survey has been done so who knows?

By the way, you were the last person to post in the 'good videos' pinned thread over in the sad sack chat section

Tosh

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2016, 10:02:26 am »
I believe  if you are a site sponsor there are certain words, words of your choosing,  that generate an email to you notifying yourself that certain words have been used on the forum.

So for example, if this is the case we'll get a visit from Alex Gardiner if I mention The word Gardiners. Or SLX. Or extreme.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2016, 10:42:18 am »
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

supernova77

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2016, 10:58:59 am »
Hi,

All the best Louise

Hi Mark & Louise

Andy

Me too, but it's pretty obvious that they'd have run into a bit of a gauntlet don't you think? Such anger over such a non threat. If people thought about it and asked themselves the question: "how many customers do I get from the Internet?", they would pretty quickly realise that good customers almost never come from there.

A lot of our new customers these days "come from the Internet"....

95% turn into good long term customers.

Learn how to market on the Internet properly.

Andy :)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2016, 11:10:53 am »

We gain plenty of customers from the internet; the stats show that they are no better or worse than any other customers.

Vin

Soupy

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2016, 11:17:02 am »

We gain plenty of customers from the internet; the stats show that they are no better or worse than any other customers.

Vin

For me it's difficult to define "from the internet". I get lots of enquiries from my website (less than half of overall enquiries), I can't be sure how many of them have Googled "window cleaner" simply looking for a window cleaner, or how many were looking for me specifically after seeing a leaflet or vehicle.

Equally I get lots of phone calls (probably more than half), but there is no way of telling whether or not these customers found me on the internet, or if they did were they looking for me specifically.

Unless you ask every customer how they found out about you (which would be laborious and possibly inaccurate) you're not going to be able to define that properly.

Spruce

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »
I believe  if you are a site sponsor there are certain words, words of your choosing,  that generate an email to you notifying yourself that certain words have been used on the forum.

So for example, if this is the case we'll get a visit from Alex Gardiner if I mention The word Gardiners. Or SLX. Or extreme.

I often wondered how Alex was able to react so quickly to posts targeted at his products.  :)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2016, 01:06:27 pm »
He did tell me once. Apparently a little light comes on in the bat cave and stirs him into immediate action. He did take the fuse out when Dazmond went over to wfp though.