Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Avo

Stepping up from slx to xtreme
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:13:13 am »
Thinking of upgrading the poles in my van to the xtreme starting with the 22 ft is the extra cost worth it??  What's the main noticeable difference from slx to X3??
How dose the the clamping work on the new poles dose it still clamp halfway up each section?? Thanks rob

dazmond

Re: Stepping up from slx to xtreme
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 08:23:23 am »
the xtreme x3 is a great  pole.you can clamp anywhere.very light,strong and rigid.id go for the 25 footer.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:25:07 am »
its a lot lighter and more rigid than an SLX.other than that it looks identical.same clamps etc
price higher/work harder!

Avo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:48:03 am »
Out of stock on the 25 x3
Sections 6,7 and 8 on the added sections for the slx would they be ok to use with occasional use? Pole diameter says it's the same 34mm

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:57:42 pm »
Massive difference in the 2 poles the SLX feels like an iron rod compared to the extreme IMO.

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 02:33:01 pm »
without sounding negative one of the differences you will notice is bills for new sections unless your careful ... personally I think they too fragile for everyday use.

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 03:56:41 pm »
i agree one reason i wont change from an slx, too many tails of them snapping and you cant push windows shut etc, i have heard and read the latest version feels alot more solid but time will tell with wear etc, for me the brush is the biggest thing you can change to make a difference, an slx with a extreme brush feels plenty light to me!

Avo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »
At over twice the cost of an SLX you'd expect a big difference really.. how is it even possible for somebody to snap a pole??

NWH

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 05:26:44 pm »
I really don't know how you guys use and treat your poles it's never happened to me with everyday use,the only time I've ever snapped a pole is when trying to close too openers with it.

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »
I snapped my 25' Xtreme the other day changing the brush. I had it extended and dropped it onto some concrete, whilst I was holding it! I'm usually more careful but hey ho! Luckily it was section 1 and I snapped it below the orange marker so I could carry on using it. Now 2 feet shorter though. I looked on Gardiners website and they have an offer on making a 25' into 35' for about half price. Lovely job tell yer mum! Ordered that up, no worries.
Would I spend the extra money? Absolutely! I work sometimes 6 days a week and I want the best tool for the job. It's lighter, stiffer and you WILL clean quicker (with the right brush). For me its a no brainer  ;D
I may even replace the top section too  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Avo

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
I'm going to guess that you always use the extreme brush with this pole.. 90% of the time I use the extreme stiff brushes

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 05:50:46 pm »
I'm going to guess that you always use the extreme brush with this pole.. 90% of the time I use the extreme stiff brushes

A wise choice my friend  ;D
Seriously aside, yes I always use the extreme brush.
Flocked soft: for leaded (and my old knackered one works better than my new one)
Medium: I was always was a fan of this until I tried...
Stiff: Lovely, doesn't lose it's shape too quickly, I even use this for first cleans, a bit 'scratchy' across the glass (not sure if that's good or bad) noisy on front and back pvc doors, but really does the biz. I do love this brush. Also the dirt does not tend to 'cling' to the brush, so a quick shake and you're ready to go.   ;D

Having said that I reckon the best brush by far is the Gardiners medium sill brush. I use that on bungalows and really bad first cleans. Too heavy to use on an xtreme pole IMO. We need a lighter version please Alex.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Avo

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 06:04:56 pm »
What about the ultimate?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 06:44:39 pm »
... how is it even possible for somebody to snap a pole??

In my case by washing a window in exactly the same way as I would have with an SLX.  Hopefully the Mark 3 is better but the Mark 2 was simply not up to the job.

Vin

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »
What about the ultimate?

Iv just got one and to be honest it takes a little getting used to it ( for me anyway) as I've always used the super lite medium mixed which is bigger and more bristles on it whereas the ultimate is thinner . It does seem to scrub bird crap off really easy though compared to the SL MM

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »
... how is it even possible for somebody to snap a pole??

In my case by washing a window in exactly the same way as I would have with an SLX.  Hopefully the Mark 3 is better but the Mark 2 was simply not up to the job.

Vin

Are you temped Vin? I keep putting  a 22 and 35 in my cart but just can't press purchase.
My shoulders are knackerd but the electric reel has helped a lot.
Tony

robert mitchell

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 07:42:31 pm »
I dont get how people break them , my top two sections have worn wafer thin and are starting to split slightly at the bottom and i have still not managed to break a section .

I close windows with mine too .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Phil J

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »
What's the lifespan of an extreme  as a everyday pole, before it starts to lose it's rigidity and sections start to spin?
Thanks, Phil.

the king

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 09:50:01 pm »
its hard to say what life span cos ive hurd people on here saying there slx pole is 4 years old with hardly any were but my slx is just over a year old and the number 1 section is starting to get badly worn to the extent its pxxxxing me off lol , ide like to try a extreme or even a  facelift neon but not yet desided  ;D i mite just try a facelift edge next as they do a himod edge in longer poles so not shore if there as good as a super max?

slap bash

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 05:32:43 pm »
I have a SLX 30 and a CLX22 for nearly 8ight years and still use them daily. One tip with preserving your pole don`t always extend you first section. If I need three section extended I will open section 3/4/5 and save my first section I only use my first section when fully extended. This has saved me money and my poles. And your pole will be more ridget.
I don`t think an extreme is an upgrade except in price to an extreme the weight difference is marginal and by reports on here they break too easily. The extra money is only worth it, at the top  length poles. The weight argument is a farce.