Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Custom software
« on: May 07, 2016, 08:53:26 am »
Has anyone that runs a franchise based business had there own software designed?

We run with Aworka at the mo, Its a good system but i do need a couple of extra features  i.e the ability to print of custom reports for accounts,
Alerts if payments are back dated , Jobs that are being moved/skipped etc

NJones

Re: Custom software
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 09:57:19 am »
Honestly - - custom software is a terrible idea for a business that's doing less than £10 million ever year,... custom software is either VERY expensive, or plain rubbish.

Many people don't realise that as well as the huge development cost, there is a huge ongoing cost to keep it up to date with current standards, device compatibility, security protocols etc etc - as well as adding new features that a growing company will need.

My advice would be to find an off the shelf solution that is as close as possible to what you need & approach the developers asking if they'd custom code your additions - - it'll cost less, be more stable - and if you allow the developer to share these additional features that you paid to develop with his other clients, you'll probably see your new module receiving regular updates and feature additions without any ongoing cost to you....

I'd ask Rob at Cleaner Planner for his advice - maybe talk to the guys at Aworker too if thats the system you already use,...

STEVE-UK

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 12:37:06 pm »
Thought that maybe the case, Will continue with Aworka as is great software and great value, hopefully there are more features in the pipeline

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:13:41 pm »
Talk to rob at cleaner planner - it has loads more features than aworka and rob will where possible add features on request.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NJones

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 03:28:14 pm »
+1
Rob really knows his stuff & is constantly adding new features....

Talk to rob at cleaner planner - it has loads more features than aworka and rob will where possible add features on request.

Darran

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »
Cleaner planner works for me and 3 franchisees. There's a couple of extras I keep meaning to ask Rob about but overall it's great
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »
+1
Rob really knows his stuff & is constantly adding new features....

Darran

Rob does know his stuff, does add features, but not constantly. I've been with CP for 18 months and despite numerous requests from many people on the CP forum were still waiting for the overview page which was promised as being in the pipeline 18 months back.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

STEVE-UK

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:12:26 pm »
Cleaner Planner does offer more, but not exactly what I am after as franchisor ,  hence does not warrant the extra cost,

I haven't looked at Cleaner planner for a year or so, Will have another look incase more features have been added