Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Storefronts
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:15:32 pm »
How many storefronts/shops do you clean?

Richard Stevenson

Re: Storefronts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:35:40 pm »
Not many , lost loads to the nationals

andyM

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:17 pm »
One of the Plebs

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:54:29 pm »
300 odd from Nationals and some our own but most are subbed out as not enough hours in a day as most need doing early doors. As poor as made out to be i actualy dont think they are bad earners. We goto most high streets local where we do a lot of retail outlets and spend a 3-5 mins at each place with some being 10 mins being bigger stores.
As an example in Bromley we hit Vodafone, Pizza express, Ask, GBK, Zizzi, Your move, 99p store, both Waitrose stores, Bathstore, Subway. All get done in just under 2 hours as regular weekly and some 2 weekly jobs. None are great earners but all together earn a realy noce start of the days take. Yes some are priced poor at £6 but some are £10/£12 and £20 which none need deep cleaning as so frequent as they are happy with what gets done and sign the work off. To do 1 or 2 in a high street isnt worth it but doing Multiple you can do quite well from it and it all gets paid in the bank end of each month without any chasing.
A normal house front and back £15 takes 15/20 mins which is good. 12 shop fronts in a high street averaging at £9 each taking 5 mins a pop...Work it out yourself.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 05:16:53 pm »
300 odd from Nationals and some our own but most are subbed out as not enough hours in a day as most need doing early doors. As poor as made out to be i actualy dont think they are bad earners. We goto most high streets local where we do a lot of retail outlets and spend a 3-5 mins at each place with some being 10 mins being bigger stores.
As an example in Bromley we hit Vodafone, Pizza express, Ask, GBK, Zizzi, Your move, 99p store, both Waitrose stores, Bathstore, Subway. All get done in just under 2 hours as regular weekly and some 2 weekly jobs. None are great earners but all together earn a realy noce start of the days take. Yes some are priced poor at £6 but some are £10/£12 and £20 which none need deep cleaning as so frequent as they are happy with what gets done and sign the work off. To do 1 or 2 in a high street isnt worth it but doing Multiple you can do quite well from it and it all gets paid in the bank end of each month without any chasing.
A normal house front and back £15 takes 15/20 mins which is good. 12 shop fronts in a high street averaging at £9 each taking 5 mins a pop...Work it out yourself.

Mick can you inbox me please :)

Mick Kent

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 05:20:27 pm »
Not sure how to on here but check your fb.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:41:21 pm »
None
You can't polish a turd

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 05:45:09 pm »
I clean quite a few some for nationals some for my self .
I clean a mix of independents to chains like Topshop  and H & M and the discount shops.
Like Mick said they can be a great earner early in the morning and are cleaned all year round any weather.

Tony dunmall

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 07:53:40 pm »
Used to do a couple  hundred, sold the business and went totally domestic

Prefer the less pressure of domestics

the king

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »
i clean 73 in a small town lost a few to the nationals  that do a crap job mostly banks we have lost  ::)roll

deeege

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 09:08:26 pm »
Clean about 25. As Mick says, some can seem underpriced but if there's enough together they can be a decent earner.

Ours range from £6 once a month small shop to 6 X a week large store at over £700 per month and everything in between. Works well for us as they are finished before 8am which is the earlies I start on domestics.

Payment always within 30 days and usually around the £1.8k per month mark.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

sunshine windows

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 09:11:05 pm »
0 can't be arsed with shops. Too much paperwork and red tape.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

the king

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »
are shops are £500pw not included awnings and signs so not bad urner realy rain or shine all trad

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
How many storefronts/shops do you clean?

There's a great idea for your next magazine interview............speak to John Nolan of Approved Window Cleaning. Hard to believe he's never had a mention from you before actualy as he's quite a big player Nationwide.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »
0 can't be arsed with shops. Too much paperwork and red tape.

I was asked once to clean a glass canopy, shutters, sinage and fasade directly for nationwide chain local store.
it took 6 months to eventualy get paid so when I had the call to do it again I told them no thanks.

Mick Kent

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 10:31:48 pm »
The trick with retail work is you need enough of it. Cleaning 1 or 2 just isnt worth it at all.
You could have a thriving business from doing just retail if you have the high streets sown up being out from 5.30am and home by 9.30am.

sunshine windows

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 11:03:26 pm »
Then again you could have a thriving business, seeing your kids off to school, starting work shortly after. Finishing in time to collect them if you want to, or choosing to do add ons to earn a few quid more. 5.30am starts are not for me
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Mick Kent

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 11:07:01 pm »
Nor me but was simply saying  you could have a decent business from just shop fronts.

deeege

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 05:48:32 am »
Then again you could have a thriving business, seeing your kids off to school, starting work shortly after. Finishing in time to collect them if you want to, or choosing to do add ons to earn a few quid more. 5.30am starts are not for me

I'm up at 5:30 whether I'm working or not, it's 5:40 now, I'm off today but my body clock has me awake regardless. Might aswell be out working early and have an earlier finish so having a few shops/larger stores suits me fine.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."