This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: First cleans / one offs
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 10:19:41 am »
Lol.

Customer: hello there, are you a window cleaner?

Shiner: looks down at his water fed pole and across at his newly sign written van Yes love, I'm a window cleaner.

Customer: Great! I urgently need a window cleaner, our house goes up for sale tomorrow and we are getting photos taken, the windows really need a good seeing to.

Shiner: Sorry, I'd love to give you a good seeing to but I only clean windows that aren't dirty.
No the shiner says to the customer do you only want it done once and the customer says yes so the shiner says sorry I don't do one offs,if it's a monster of a job and they say I'll leave your details I would consider it but only if it was a big place,like I've said in the past this job is all about instinct when taking on new work. Small work I wouldn't even bother looking and these days it's easier to quote even by phone if they send you a picture of all 4 sides of the property.For me I get no satisfaction out of knocking my pipe out just to say that looks better for you love hope you sell it now.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 10:43:03 am »
....knocking my pipe out ... Haha not heard that one before lol

NWH

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2016, 11:05:06 am »
I've done all them first cleans in a former life running around cleaning labels paint and putty I'll save for my regulars I don't think I'll go looking for them jobs anytime soon.

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 11:10:14 am »
NWH I can just imagine you smoking a pipe  ;D ;D

The way I look at it money wise I would much prefer do one very well paid job than to be rushed off my feet trying to complete a window cleaning route for the same or less gross profit.  That's the advantage of offering multiple services to clients as if priced very well you don't have to rush about like a headless chicken.

Obviously it goes without saying if you are rammed packed with trying to service a window cleaning round then you will have no time to be able to offer or do other and in most cases more profitable work.

8weekly

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »
NWH I can just imagine you smoking a pipe  ;D ;D

The way I look at it money wise I would much prefer do one very well paid job than to be rushed off my feet trying to complete a window cleaning route for the same or less gross profit.  That's the advantage of offering multiple services to clients as if priced very well you don't have to rush about like a headless chicken.

Obviously it goes without saying if you are rammed packed with trying to service a window cleaning round then you will have no time to be able to offer or do other and in most cases more profitable work.
But a business with regular contracted work is a more stable business  than one relying on one offs. Are you a fireman Smurf? If so, this isn't your main income. From day one I've largely shunned one offs as they are harder work and generally at much the same hourly rate. Half a day spent cleaning fsgs is harder that a day cleaning regular customers.

If you are looking to grow, you can't start to employ based on a hope that you'll get one off jobs. However if you know you've got 800 regular window cleaning customers, you can hire with confidence.

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »
No I'm not a fireman
All I'm suggesting is maybe to look at other ways to increase turnover and profitability for working fewer hours that’s all.

The likes of Smudger and others on here get my drift I hope?

NWH

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »
There is no opinion with this first cleans or one offs are much harder work if you are advertising for this you must need the work,I'm quiet happy doing regular stuff that needs a quick scrub and fast rinse to get them clean. Climbing ladders getting labels and stickers off is a mugs game I would only ever do this for good paying customers that have had extensions done etc.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 05:13:55 pm »
I do first cleans for free and one offs and conservatory roofs.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »
Oh yes the odd freebie I do didn't I tell you lol

NWH

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »
I'm seriously thinking about starting to do one offs ya no I just want to be able to stand back and say ooooohhhh what a lovely job I've done there for someone who couldn't really give a Toss.

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »
I'm seriously thinking about starting to do one offs ya no I just want to be able to stand back and say ooooohhhh what a lovely job I've done there for someone who couldn't really give a Toss.

I must admit one thing I don't do is so say builders cleans as is way too much hassle.

Anything else I will consider. That is only if the price is right to make it worth my while.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 09:08:12 pm »
I couldn't care how much they want to pay me builders cleans I never take on they talk to you like your royalty before you start doing them then when you want paying they treat you like a terrorist.