Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Re: Do you have a window cleaning hero?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 07:36:03 am »
Some really great people out there who make this world a better place, but could you actually call a person who invents
a product to make money a hero ?

The term 'industry hero' will be who ever the nominator deems a hero.  And that can include inventors of tools that have  changed window cleaners lives. So we use the term broadly.

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 09:26:18 pm »
Purple Rhino

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »
Even sadder when we think a window cleaner can't be a hero.

;D exactly
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Tom White

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 01:37:14 am »
Most of you won't like my first one; but it's got to be Craig Mawlam, the owner of Ionics.  I believe he kicked off this WFP malarky with his Reach and Wash.  No, he didn't invent it, but he made it mainstream.

No2 is Mike Boxhall; forum owner.  Although he didn't invent the interweb, his interweb forum has certainly changed the way many of us operate.

No3 is Jeff Brimble; he came up with the idea of lightweight poles.  Prior to him it was all aluminium or fibre-glass.  He knacked his back (or something) and came up with the idea of using carp fishing poles with a brush on the end.

No4 is Alex Gardiner; he nicked Jeff's idea, developed it, and made some great poles.

No5 whoever invented the flipfast; a much un-posted about bit of kit, probably because it's simple and works brilliantly.

SeanK

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 09:05:12 am »
My first one would be the guy who invented glass
My second would be the guy who decided to put it between walls.
My third would be the guy who decided to give us all access to running water.
My fourth would be the guy who invented a way to filter it
My fifth would be George Formby for making window cleaning look enjoyable
Followed by Tosh's list.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 09:10:41 am »
Most of you won't like my first one; but it's got to be Craig Mawlam, the owner of Ionics.  I believe he kicked off this WFP malarky with his Reach and Wash.  No, he didn't invent it, but he made it mainstream.

No2 is Mike Boxhall; forum owner.  Although he didn't invent the interweb, his interweb forum has certainly changed the way many of us operate.

No3 is Jeff Brimble; he came up with the idea of lightweight poles.  Prior to him it was all aluminium or fibre-glass.  He knacked his back (or something) and came up with the idea of using carp fishing poles with a brush on the end.

No4 is Alex Gardiner; he nicked Jeff's idea, developed it, and made some great poles.

No5 whoever invented the flipfast; a much un-posted about bit of kit, probably because it's simple and works brilliantly.

Hey Tosh, the Craig Mawlam point is true and a part of history :)

NWH

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:37 am »
How about Alex Gardiner he's definitely saved my shoulders and back to a certain degree with the lightweight equipment some of there stuff is pioneering.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »
How about Alex Gardiner he's definitely saved my shoulders and back to a certain degree with the lightweight equipment some of there stuff is pioneering.

If you follow the link and add your nomination.

Tosh

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 02:04:07 pm »
I followed the link and put in "Lee Burbidge" followed by an error message "Are you havin' laugh son?"
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 02:56:59 pm »
I put down Wagga as my choice

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 03:02:01 pm »
I followed the link and put in "Lee Burbidge" followed by an error message "Are you havin' laugh son?"
When I put Lee Burbidge it said "correct".

david mark

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 12:15:16 am »
Alex gardiner  for me  has the vote . The lateral clamp light wieght poles and brushes and good quality products at affordable prices and a company thaat give great customer support and service.

rosskesava

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 01:14:19 am »

Hey Tosh, the Craig Mawlam point is true and a part of history :)

Mike Boxhall certainly had a huge effect on this forum in the early days and was a huge influence on wfp for window cleaning when it was considered a namby pamby way to clean windows. Didn't he have a huge spat with the Master Guild of Window Cleaners or something over accounts or what ever and aired it all on this forum? Or was that someone else?

Jeff Brimble definitely is up there. What happened to him?

Alex Gardiner also definitely as he started off with his Bex Bissel brushes or something similar for wfp and built it all up from there.

My own sort of hero is Matt (dunno surname) who started off his own DIY wfp forum who was really the first to go wholesale into DIY wfp as a means to do the same thing as the big boys at a fraction of the cost and who got permanently banned from this forum.

Plus Terry Burrows (the fastest window cleaner in the world confirmed by the Guinness Book of Records) who used to post on here a lot way before wfp was mainstream.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.