This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Do you have a window cleaning hero?
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5R25SY9
Who would you nominate from the window cleaning industry that you would consider as an industry hero? In your opinion that could be another window cleaner that has showed an act of kindness, saved a life, cheated death and soldiered on? It could be a window cleaner that does charity work? Your nomination might be an inventor of the tools you like, or you might consider that your person was instrumental in changing the face of the industry in some way? For whatever reason, and whomever it may be we would love to hear of your heros. YOU MUST VALIDATE YOUR NOMINATION WITH A REASON. Those without a reason cannot be accepted, unfortunately.
Click this link to nominate: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5R25SY9

CleanClear

Re: Do you have a window cleaning hero?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:19:47 pm »
H-Man, Window  Cleaner Bloke. Herman, he's always beavering away coming up with new little ideas. Some great, some ok. But he still finds plenty new stuff to invent or make your life a bit easier.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:36:05 pm »
H-Man, Window  Cleaner Bloke. Herman, he's always beavering away coming up with new little ideas. Some great, some ok. But he still finds plenty new stuff to invent or make your life a bit easier.

Hey bud click the link and add your nomination :) You might have to wrestle with your conscience as you need one name. They are all good guys mind.

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:26 pm »
That Matt Bateman bloke; he's a trail-blazer, none of us would be where we are if it wasn't for him.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5R25SY9
Who would you nominate from the window cleaning industry that you would consider as an industry hero? In your opinion that could be another window cleaner that has showed an act of kindness, saved a life, cheated death and soldiered on? It could be a window cleaner that does charity work? Your nomination might be an inventor of the tools you like, or you might consider that your person was instrumental in changing the face of the industry in some way? For whatever reason, and whomever it may be we would love to hear of your heros. YOU MUST VALIDATE YOUR NOMINATION WITH A REASON. Those without a reason cannot be accepted, unfortunately.
Click this link to nominate: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5R25SY9
still posting poop i see.

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:59:12 pm »
That Matt Bateman bloke; he's a trail-blazer, none of us would be where we are if it wasn't for him.

I agree Matt
You can't polish a turd

lal

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:23 pm »

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:29:08 pm »
Stanley Ogden

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:25 pm »
Stanley Ogden

Eddie Yeats was better.

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:44 pm »
Stanley Ogden

Eddie Yeats was better.

Sallys bloke is better because he's wfp  ;)
You can't polish a turd

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:04:57 pm »
Yes I have a window cleaning hero... Me as I taught myself everything I know and that's not a lot  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:24 pm »
Sad, sad times when we think of shiners as heroes
We look at them, they look through them.

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »
Even sadder when we think a window cleaner can't be a hero.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

STEVE-UK

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:00 pm »
 Met an old chap in Reading last week, 74 years old and still on the tools, WFP

really nice, chatty guy,..I hope i am as fit as him a that age

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:13:55 pm »
My late dad. Forearms of steel from twisting scrims and used to walk around upstairs bay windows. Strangely he used to clean domestics with chamois and scrim, but used a squeegee on shops. I used to do his collecting on a Friday night when I was 10/11.  When I started I got his tin in which he used to keep his takings that I used to nick and now my takings go in there. It was his dad's before who was a window cleaner in Liverpool after demob.

I started cleaning windows after he died. I would love to be able to chat to him about my business. I reckon he'd be staggered to be honest.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:38 pm »
Even sadder when we think a window cleaner can't be a hero.

Excellent post - true and succinct

Mick Kent

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »
My late dad. Forearms of steel from twisting scrims and used to walk around upstairs bay windows. Strangely he used to clean domestics with chamois and scrim, but used a squeegee on shops. I used to do his collecting on a Friday night when I was 10/11.  When I started I got his tin in which he used to keep his takings that I used to nick and now my takings go in there. It was his dad's before who was a window cleaner in Liverpool after demob.

I started cleaning windows after he died. I would love to be able to chat to him about my business. I reckon he'd be staggered to be honest.
That explains why you are so driven to do well. Fair play matey..he would defo be proud.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 12:16:22 am »
Sad, sad times when we think of shiners as heroes

One example for you to consider is a window cleaner called Jand, a NY window cleaner. His job was to window clean in the Twin Towers. He saved several lives after finding himself stuck in a lift with others as it was filling with smoke during their escape. Only the brass Ettore handle was all they had and so he scoured through drywall and lead people to safety literally minutes after, the tower collapsed behind him.

I can't remember the other guy in the UK, that saved a drowning man by using his extended water fed pole for the drowning man to grab on to. He saved his life.

The inventor of Ettore squeegees changed our industry regards traditional window cleaning for example as well as such individuals as Craig Mawlam of Ionic Systems bringing water fed pole tech to the masses in the UK or  Ivr Tucker inventor of the first water fed pole products that were way heavy but familiar to us today as our everyday tools. Any of these can be industry heros depending on what you think. If you dont have an  industry hero then that's ok too :)

Smurf

SeanK

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 07:29:38 am »
Some really great people out there who make this world a better place, but could you actually call a person who invents
a product to make money a hero ?