This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

gardiner reinforced pole hose as reel hose?
« on: May 04, 2016, 05:26:41 pm »
anyone used or using this as full reel hose and if so do you rate it?
need to replace my microbore and wondering what this stuff would be like, it has to be alot stronger than all season pole hose surely and not swell up after a month or two use!

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steven Biggs

Re: gardiner reinforced pole hose as reel hose?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:05:31 am »
I've just got 100 metres from gardiners cut about 35 metres off to use on the trolley . I was gunna put the rest on my reel but I don't like the stuff so I'm not gunna bother . But the lad likes it on the trolley , you can have the rest for £20 .

Paul erithwc

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:12:21 am »
I found the reinforced hose to be rubbish if you use it with 30c heated water it swells up to close to the size of my micro bore and is very heavy in the pole.

I have gone back to the good old all season hose  ;D ;D

Steven Biggs

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:56:21 am »
In fact i am selling the full 100 metres . £20 the lot . Only used a day . But it's cut into one length of 60 and 2 lengths of 20 .

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:24:55 pm »
cheers guys yes i use hot water too so i think im gonna stick with microbore, too many ifs and buts with trying to use that stuff as a reel hose, shame as it could be a winner!

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »
I only use cold water. IMO it works well on a hose reel, but not on a pole. It tends to coil and kink on the pole so when you raise the pole (especially with a Univalve) it turms the water on and off and on and off depending on where the tension is.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"