This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: Using pole hose on the hose reel.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 11:57:55 am »
Also while your doing nowt Alex . I placed this order about 7 this morning . And it still has not arrived . .  :)

Apologies - The pigeons haven't finished their breakfast yet  :)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »
Cheers . Sorted .

trafficjamz

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 09:34:45 pm »
We would recommend using a Protecta-Ball on the pole hose just before the male coupling plug. This will keep the coupling off the ground and help prevent catching. This is how all of our poles are sent out to clients as it does make a difference.

I have been using the ball, but I find it catches on all corners and steps.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »
Is there a super protect a ball that protects the protecta ball

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 07:03:31 pm »
Is there a super protect a ball that protects the protecta ball

I suppose you could adapt a football? That wouldn't catch on wheelie bins or car tyres ...
It's a game of three halves!

DeLuce

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 11:40:15 pm »
We would recommend using a Protecta-Ball on the pole hose just before the male coupling plug. This will keep the coupling off the ground and help prevent catching. This is how all of our poles are sent out to clients as it does make a difference.

You get use to that after a while. You need to hone your technique. The ball will save oodles of wear on the quick connecter fitting.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 04:37:16 pm »
1st split today. Caught it on the jagged corner of a stone wall. Quickly cut it with a pair of scissors and whacked in a joiner clamped with those little O clamps with ears that you compress.

I don't know if normal microbore would have ruptured but it was a particularly sharp piece of stone and I tugged the hose thinking it had just caught and "kinked" but it hadn't.

So that's 4 weeks in.

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 07:06:00 pm »

You get use to that after a while. You need to hone your technique. The ball will save oodles of wear on the quick connecter fitting.
If only somebody could invent something to protect the connector - like a connector protector  :D

trafficjamz

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 09:22:32 pm »
1st split today. Caught it on the jagged corner of a stone wall. Quickly cut it with a pair of scissors and whacked in a joiner clamped with those little O clamps with ears that you compress.

I don't know if normal microbore would have ruptured but it was a particularly sharp piece of stone and I tugged the hose thinking it had just caught and "kinked" but it hadn't.

So that's 4 weeks in.

I did the same thing, water was spraying out of a tiny cut in the hose.  So I drained the hose and bent it back a little, dropped a tiny blob of superglue on the cut.  Worked a treat.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 08:08:31 am »
Good tip trafficjamz - how long did/has the repair lasted?

trafficjamz

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 09:55:39 pm »
Happened about 4 weeks ago.  Can't find where it is now

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 04:58:36 pm »
Happened about 4 weeks ago.  Can't find where it is now

OK so now at two months and I got a little nick in the hose and so wrapped it in gaffer for the day and of course it drips. So I tried Trafficjamz superglue trick this lunchtime and can vouch that it seals the "nick" perfectly.

So I'm now converted to the pole hose instead of reel hose idea. So much easier.

trafficjamz

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 02:10:19 am »
I have now tried 100m of exceed blue hose for a couple of weeks.  And so far, it's been great.
The ball protector was really slowing me down, so now I don't have any connection, simply straight up the pole into a univalve. Lovin' it

Tony dunmall

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:59 am »
I use the tuboess kit connectors as you don't need a ball protector been using about 70 meter blue hose from exceed about 3-4 months now no split no issues just take more care

Only concern is in the winter will the pole hose freeze up quicker than microbore

As I'm feeling reluctant to Re install my hot water heater mostly because of cost of running and maintenance  we'll see may just get the Grippa hot system fo me and my daughter

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 12:20:47 pm »
I have now tried 100m of exceed blue hose for a couple of weeks.  And so far, it's been great.
The ball protector was really slowing me down, so now I don't have any connection, simply straight up the pole into a univalve. Lovin' it

What are the properties of this kind of hose?