This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Leisure battery
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:05:40 am »
What size (Amp) leisure battery do you use? and where is best to buy them from?

Thanks in advance

Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Og

Re: Leisure battery
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 12:31:12 am »
Depends on what you're using it for, discharge rate etc.

rah

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 06:25:52 am »
I now have two linked together, had a problem with Numax 110 they just seemed to die after a couple of months and were charged nightly.

Bought a 100 amp, which is now linked to the newest 110 amp still charged nightly and seems fine. I bought it from a tyre garage my mate owns.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:57:38 am »
Depends on what you're using it for, discharge rate etc.

I would agree it does in part depend on what you are looking to run. For example if you are running a single pump cold water system with a controller a 75 85 AH will probably be ok. Amp draw is aroun 3- 4 amps an hour as a rule you can use 50% of teh battery capacity before it will need recharging so at 3 amps you have around 10 hours before a 75AH will need to be recharged.

Ad a second pump and amp use doubles so you get 5 hours from the same battery, Add in a Heater and the same 75 AH will probably give 3 - 5 hours before it needs charging 

As a general rule if you are running a two pump system I would suggest a minimum 110 AH battery
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology