This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

prices, continued!
« on: March 29, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »

It seams an upstanding debate running a long time on here.
Someone has stated its relative and I agree. Its relative to the pricing structure/economy of where you live. For instance if live in Surrey as the previous chap has mentioned or in the capital. Me, im in south yorkshire, so not in those price ranges. Lol I have considered coming on wknd trips and canvassing some work tho...
Anyway, I simply can not understand how ones feel comfortable doing jobs for peanuts, as in £5 for front cleans or even full house.
In pic above, been asked to clean the top two windows monthly. I charged £6 tho im guessing some would say more..
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: prices, continued!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »
One of the problems I would have with charging a price that is too low is the amount of collecting you would have to do. It certainly would be the case in my area. People you would charge £5 would certainly not want to faff about paying with online services. So lots of collecting since many are not home when I call  to clean the windows.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »
[img]http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/1459257521_Screenshot_2016-03-29-14-04-52.png[/img

It seams an upstanding debate running a long time on here.
Someone has stated its relative and I agree. Its relative to the pricing structure/economy of where you live. For instance if live in Surrey as the previous chap has me tioned or the capital. Me, im in south yorkshire, so not in those price ranges. Lol I have considered coming on wknd trips and canvassing some work tho...
Anyway, I simply can not understand how ones feel comfortable doing jobs for peanuts, as in £5 for front cleans or even full house.
In pic above, been asked to clean the top two windows monthly. I charged £6 tho im guessing some would say more..

I can't see any pic?  ???

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »
 ::)roll    ooops, reposted it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »
I wouldn't bother doing upstairs only.

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »
If that's your after pic I would sack you off as the frames & sills are filthy  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 06:12:41 pm »
I have a minimum charge so yes it would be alot more even if I just cleaned one window.
After saying that I don't just do tops and would not waste my time if asked either as it would have to be all or nothing.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
Doing tops only could lead to potential customers who are watching you thinking you're only doing half a job. And watch you they often do before asking for a quote.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 06:23:27 pm »
i wouldnt bother for 2 top windows but id clean all the windows/porch at the front for £6 if it was compact estate work 4 weekly.take about 5 mins on regular cleans.

i dont mind a bit of collecting.its good for cashflow mixed in with BACS/standing order/SAE customers. :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »
thats a fair price,.

I would charge £6 too either for one window or the entire front but only if its near other work.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »
Totally agree with the others, I was phoned by a neighbour of a custy asking if I have a minimum amount of Windows I come out for  ???
she said I have a window cleaner but he won't / can't do the 2 windows above my conny , I went round , quoted a price for the full house , explained what I do ( sales pitch  ;D ) and she said she wanted me to do full house instead 👍
Top only , you will get drips onto bottom windows ... Followed by complaints

I now tell people I have a minimum charge , if custys like your face then they will agree

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »
Totally agree with the others, I was phoned by a neighbour of a custy asking if I have a minimum amount of Windows I come out for  ???
she said I have a window cleaner but he won't / can't do the 2 windows above my conny , I went round , quoted a price for the full house , explained what I do ( sales pitch  ;D ) and she said she wanted me to do full house instead

I now tell people I have a minimum charge , if custys like your face then they will agree

I take it you quoted for stick waggling then.
I would love to be a fly on the wall when she says "Oh but you have left my windows wet. Don't you dry them"  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 07:16:42 pm »
I forgot you guys on here need a whole lot more info than basic point of statement.

The house is on a small stretch known locally as "snobs hill" has the likes of the owners of a chain of opticians called parkhursts living on street. Im fortunate to clean the majority of houses on the street. The house in question is odd one out on street and been made into flats. The upstairs two is one flat, obviously downstairs another flat. Can only do fronts. Normally I also wouldnt be fussed about just two windows n esp not on this street. However, since I walk past it with all my equipment I thought might as well. Only took a couple of minutes. Downstairs window just need a quick rinse simply to take off dirty water that drips. Takes seconds that bit! Might even get her as a customer?
The photo is a before shot, took only for this debate. However to say the house is odd one, the sills are bad as can see on pic. Thats because its wooden and the paint is flaking etc and yes discussed this with owner of flat.
Overall point is, how can people charge five quid for a front or even full clean. Regardless if its a compact round, its about making money. Do electricians, plumbers, vets and so on and so on, charge less for using modern tools n equipment. Dont think so! Some on here think because its a quicker job etc, they should charge less for some reason!! Forgetting its still work n effort and all behind the scene costs water, electric etc etc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
I wouldn't bother doing upstairs only.
i agree what a joke

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »
I wouldn't stop the van for it ;D

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »
Just laugh in her face and walk off while your still laughing,it looks like Victor Meldrews house.

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 09:32:11 pm »
she said I have a window cleaner but he won't / can't do the 2 windows above my conny , I went round , quoted a price for the full house , explained what I do ( sales pitch  ;D ) and she said she wanted me to do full house instead 👍

and here lies the problem, have you checked out the ciu photo album in the place to chat section ?  :D

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 10:58:36 pm »
Our minimum price is £20 x 8 weekly...

I had a customer sign up online... A one bedroom first floor flat with 3 small windows and a frosted front door.

They signed up to GoCardless to!

I feel guilty everytime I clean it :)

andyM

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 07:40:08 am »
I forgot you guys on here need a whole lot more info than basic point of statement.

The house is on a small stretch known locally as "snobs hill" has the likes of the owners of a chain of opticians called parkhursts living on street. Im fortunate to clean the majority of houses on the street. The house in question is odd one out on street and been made into flats. The upstairs two is one flat, obviously downstairs another flat. Can only do fronts. Normally I also wouldnt be fussed about just two windows n esp not on this street. However, since I walk past it with all my equipment I thought might as well. Only took a couple of minutes. Downstairs window just need a quick rinse simply to take off dirty water that drips. Takes seconds that bit! Might even get her as a customer?
The photo is a before shot, took only for this debate. However to say the house is odd one, the sills are bad as can see on pic. Thats because its wooden and the paint is flaking etc and yes discussed this with owner of flat.
Overall point is, how can people charge five quid for a front or even full clean. Regardless if its a compact round, its about making money. Do electricians, plumbers, vets and so on and so on, charge less for using modern tools n equipment. Dont think so! Some on here think because its a quicker job etc, they should charge less for some reason!! Forgetting its still work n effort and all behind the scene costs water, electric etc etc

If it were me I wouldn't touch it.
Sounds like aggro in the making.
One of the Plebs

Tom-01

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 07:49:46 am »
£15 8 weekly.