Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: Who says you need to earn £300 a day to earns good living....
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:03 pm »
I suppose all trades in Surrey must be on 300 a day minimum just to live in that area. Bakers, Policemen Lollypop men, Tesco Employees, Teachers, Butchers and Candlestick Makers.

Thing is though, they aren't much better off 'cos everybody is on 40% tax. People in Yorkshire don't pay any tax.
Thing is though, each person has his own expectations and ambitions. If someone is happy on £15 an hour cleaning windows, that's up to them. I would object if it was a "beer money" type job and weren't declaring it, but otherwise, so what?

Th thing I do find slightly irritating is those that think people will never pay £15 to have their 3 bed semi cleaned once every two months. Or £20 for a 4 bed detached - £25 with a conservatory. They will and do. If they won't then the guy happy to earn £15 an hour will do them for £5 and I'm not interested in them. Pretty soon the guy happy to do them for a fiver will be full and he'll be happy. 

NWH

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:53 pm »
I know policemen I know fireman lollipop man-women I don't,if you watch the news or read the paper it's all there for you to see why do you think they are all moaning,they moan about money money oh and money. Most are happy as said earning what they earn and fair enough but if you go around making statements such as you can't and won't earn 300 a day then what do you expect,I have no clue what you really earn as you don't me. There are windys that will clean 20 houses for 200 quid and there will be windys that earn that cleaning 1 or2 there always has and always will be,because the bloke cleaning 20 has failed to see the quicker way to earning his 200 he is always going to think the other bloke is either bragging or saying it for effect to put him down. If he was to take his blinkers off for a minute he might see it's possible over time to achieve,this is the point I make when people make statements such as you can build a round like this in around 2-3 years,it was difficult years ago even harder today.

Tom-01

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 11:06:43 pm »
A window cleaner up North might quote £5 for a 3 bed semi, then another one might quote £8. They can both live earning via their respective quotes.

A window cleaner down South might quote £15 for a 3 bed semi, then another might quote £27. They can both live earning via their respective quotes.

In both cases I know which one I would like to be, and I don't think it makes me greedy.

SeanK

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:49 pm »
I suppose all trades in Surrey must be on 300 a day minimum just to live in that area. Bakers, Policemen Lollypop men, Tesco Employees, Teachers, Butchers and Candlestick Makers.

Thing is though, they aren't much better off 'cos everybody is on 40% tax. People in Yorkshire don't pay any tax.
Thing is though, each person has his own expectations and ambitions. If someone is happy on £15 an hour cleaning windows, that's up to them. I would object if it was a "beer money" type job and weren't declaring it, but otherwise, so what?

Th thing I do find slightly irritating is those that think people will never pay £15 to have their 3 bed semi cleaned once every two months. Or £20 for a 4 bed detached - £25 with a conservatory. They will and do. If they won't then the guy happy to earn £15 an hour will do them for £5 and I'm not interested in them. Pretty soon the guy happy to do them for a fiver will be full and he'll be happy.

The thing is nobody has mentioned what they charge for the above properties, I charge £25 for a 4 bed detached
with conservatory more depending on the size of the conservatory but to do the quantities needed to make the money you
claim to be making my quality would be that poor they would be better off getting the guy at a fiver.
That's where the bull comes into it.

NWH

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:06 pm »
Where does the bull come in because you charge 25 for that and I might get 40-50,do you mean it's bull because I can get more for a house than you Sean.

Og

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 12:43:14 am »
It's not where you are, it's who you're selling to. Target the recently retired in their late fifties with MASSIVE pensions. Happy days.

nathankaye

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 01:30:57 am »
Its all relative to where you live and the economic state of where you live.
Im south yorkshire and one round i have is in a ex mining village. A 3 bed semi in this area is much lower than a 3 bed semi in a more prosperous village that i clean. Thankfully for me, my other 6 rounds are in prospering villages and so it balances my monthly income nicely.
I get round all my rounds within a month and all my work is 4wkly.
However if really good money can be earnt in these places mentioned in this thread then i might come get me a slice. Travel down, spend night in van, 2 days working, make them 4wkly and travel home with my treasure............worth doing perhaps
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 01:48:52 am »
I'm still waiting for these easy to do houses all together on one street and all in a row and seemingly such jobs, they happen to some day after day and week after week. Must be great to have that type of work all the time.

I must be doing something wrong.

I have one cul de sac where I do a pile together and that's it.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 07:32:33 am »
I'm still waiting for these easy to do houses all together on one street and all in a row and seemingly such jobs, they happen to some day after day and week after week. Must be great to have that type of work all the time.

I tend to find the streets where I have work like that are a pain in the arris. Awkward access, awkward windows. awkward parking.

8weekly

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 07:35:10 am »

The thing is nobody has mentioned what they charge for the above properties, I charge £25 for a 4 bed detached
with conservatory more depending on the size of the conservatory but to do the quantities needed to make the money you
claim to be making my quality would be that poor they would be better off getting the guy at a fiver.
You couldn't do 12 in a day to a decent standard? Try using an additive as I've heard some on here say it will give you more confidence in your work and you might work quicker.  ;)

Seriously, if you can't do 12 estate four beds in a day, perhaps cleaning windows isn't for you.

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 07:36:12 am »
Yer but no but where I live they don't make houses in cold dee sacks they only make massive houseswhere really rich people live and pay me loads of money I wouldn't clean council houses like what you saddos clean cos I'm far superior than you lot and I like to tell everyone on ere how brilliant I am yer but no but I got free brushes too lol so stick that down your toilet yer? What I'm saying is I earn loads of money and clean conservatories for free dont start me on tax I pay so much tax lol.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 07:46:11 am »

im cleaning 78 houses on an estate this week.it takes me 3 and a half days with prices ranging from £7-£12.ive also got a few larger stand alone 2 monthlies to do  then a cluster of local 4 weekly houses  saturday morning.

most of this is "bread and butter" work and is ok but on some other days through my  working month im earning more just cleaning 5-8 larger stand alones  a day(prices ranging from £30-£70).

diesel costs are about £30-£40 a month to clean all my work as no work is further than 10 miles away from home.
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 07:48:45 am »
Its all relative to where you live and the economic state of where you live.
Im south yorkshire and one round i have is in a ex mining village. A 3 bed semi in this area is much lower than a 3 bed semi in a more prosperous village that i clean. Thankfully for me, my other 6 rounds are in prospering villages and so it balances my monthly income nicely.
I get round all my rounds within a month and all my work is 4wkly.
However if really good money can be earnt in these places mentioned in this thread then i might come get me a slice. Travel down, spend night in van, 2 days working, make them 4wkly and travel home with my treasure............worth doing perhaps

It is and it isn't Nathan, yes you can charge more in more prosperous areas but they also expect more which eats into your
time.
I'm sure we would all like to find areas full of rich dummies living in small overpriced properties who are that desperate for
a shiner that the sky's the limit when it comes to pricing, I certainly would travel and sleep in the van but in the real world these are few and far between. 

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2016, 07:58:04 am »
Yer but no but where I live they don't make houses in cold dee sacks they only make massive houseswhere really rich people live and pay me loads of money I wouldn't clean council houses like what you saddos clean cos I'm far superior than you lot and I like to tell everyone on ere how brilliant I am yer but no but I got free brushes too lol so stick that down your toilet yer? What I'm saying is I earn loads of money and clean conservatories for free dont start me on tax I pay so much tax lol.

;D you also missed out this gem:

this is a bug eye opener for me to as some times i here these big ernings on here and think blady hell how do u get these prices but its all about were u live  in my area u have quite a few guys running round charging £6 for a house with like 13 windows ect wich i think is blady cheep some times i price jobs and people look at me like ive just robed them blind some of the shop fronts in town are like £3  a clean its a war zone with the old boys trying to get a good run of shops in torquay

SeanK

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:15 am »

You couldn't do 12 in a day to a decent standard? Try using an additive as I've heard some on here say it will give you more confidence in your work and you might work quicker.  ;)

Seriously, if you can't do 12 estate four beds in a day, perhaps cleaning windows isn't for you.

Nope not a chance of me doing 12 4 bed detached with conservatories a day five days a week, but then my last job was
working 12 hour nights for around £550 a week so window cleaning is still definitely for me. 

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 08:13:13 am »
you should easily be able to clean 12 4 bed properties(with connys) a day(2 an hour)in a 7 hour day but if you have health problems maybe not as i know you ve had a few sean. :(
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2016, 08:54:42 am »
I have been in this game 19 years and couldn't do 12 4 beds with conservatories in a day.

I love the job, but have OCD tendencies, so maybe it isn't for me.  ;D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SeanK

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 08:55:04 am »
you should easily be able to clean 12 4 bed properties(with connys) a day(2 an hour)in a 7 hour day but if you have health problems maybe not as i know you ve had a few sean. :(

Nothing to do with health Dazmond as that's been sorted ( touch head/wood ) maybe its age but I would be lucky doing two
large 4 bed detached with conservatories an hour over a 7 hour day, it would certainly need for everything to fall right compact,
easy access, few or no van moves, packing and unpacking to a minimum and so on which I certainly don't get with most
detached properties.

SeanK

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:53 am »
I have been in this game 19 years and couldn't do 12 4 beds with conservatories in a day.

I love the job, but have OCD tendencies, so maybe it isn't for me.  ;D

John

Yes but wfp makes you 500% quicker.

Tosh

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 08:57:51 am »

Ive sold all of my work like that, used to bore the tits off me. I much prefer the larger, out of town properties. My average job price is £45.00. Screw sitting in a cup-de-sac all day long, does my nut.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'