Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Works in liverpool L19 not far from South Park train station and all house are more or less next to each other plus there is a lot more houses to canvass I have built this up by people only asking never knocked on doors so loads more work to get

36 house x £5.00 =£180
  4 house x £7.50  =£  30
  1  house x £8.00 =£    8
  1  house x £10.00=£ 10
  2 house x £3.00 = £  6   

Total £234 ever 4 weeks

This take me and one lad a full day or sometimes I do it over 2 half days on my own each house has 3 Windows and a door on front and 3 Windows and Pato door back there is a lot of house but you can do all the front window going over all the gardens as there is no walls or fences and when doing the back Windows you go down one entry to do two houses backs  on two of the house I do a quick wipe on the coney roofs but it's up to you if you like to do this to sensible offers  no time wastes email me on.....

Re: Who says you need to earn £300 a day to earns good living....
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:35:40 am »
2 and a half days , that's about £93 per full day , shockingly low prices and that includes the conny roofs?  But , someone still makes a living from it.....

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:33 am »
Who says they make a living from it?

Its being sold for a reason.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:07:21 am »
theres always some window cleaners who are prepared to work at those prices.if their happy then who are we to argue he s not charging enough?i wouldnt be happy to work at those prices but some will.

my girlfriends window cleaner charges her £4-50 for her 4 bed house.in fact i seen him working yesterday and stopped for a quick chat as i was walking the dog.he s a nice guy and seems happy enough.i clean them occasionally as he uses a backpack(on his back too)and usually doesnt clean the frames very well.

he probably wouldnt believe how much money i earn a year as a sole trader like him or that my current debt list owing is over 1k and that i dont need to work bank holidays!but its his round and business and he can charge as little or as much as he sees fair for the job. ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:21 am »
it makes me laugh to be honest , this is what happens on a lot of new build estates , some guys are so desperate to ' claim' the estate , they charge in with low prices, then get fed up and sell it on . iv had quite a few new custys recently that they used to have some scruffy chav in trackies doing a rubbish job and iv had to double their prices , but they still say yes   ;D

kempy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 08:46:59 am »
To me what other persons earn is immaterial .
I just make sure I'm happy with what I charge and do .

Plenty on here earn a lot more than myself , and plenty earn probably less .does it effect me , NO ..

I just plod on ...

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 09:12:26 am »
My rounds have been built up over many years by word of mouth. The only time I door knock is if I get a new customer in new area and I will knock on a handful of doors either side of the new one. Some of my prices could be improved, when I get new work I charge well for and my cust who ive had for yrs n yrs have kept some old prices, like a loyalty price. However periodically they would go up and with the new prices,  it all balances out to a healthy monthly income. I pride myself on knowing im more expensive than my competition,  customers happy as they  get what they pay for, a profesional job.
Yet going wfp, I charge a pretty peny for a state of the art clean and clean for the whole 4wks.
Ive lost one or two due to being undercut by the new chaffs on block. It makes me laugh tho, knowing I got 3x's (min) more than silly price they are working for. When cust realise what mistake they've made and ask to come bk, I stick a fiver on top of whatever I charged them before.

So im happy with my prices and rounds and charge to what I want from the job. Regardless of the going rates of competitors
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:37:15 am »

Plenty on here earn a lot more than myself , and plenty earn probably less .does it effect me , NO ..

I just plod on ...

I couldn't agree more.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 10:02:11 am »
Wow. Another bs/boast post.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 10:46:07 am »

Hi hummer thanks for your input , I take it you charge £5 a house too  ;D

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 12:16:27 pm »

Nah, got a proper job  ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »

I just plod on ...

Actually a good honest quote on here for once.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 12:32:36 pm »
So that's 1 house yeah lol 😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:29 pm »
Who says you need to earn 300+a day,I'll tell you who my bank manager to pay my bills lol. The more you earn unless your very sensible the more you'll spend we all live to what we earn

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »

Nah, got a proper job  ;D

Good on ya 👍

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:09 pm »
So that's 1 house yeah lol 😂😂😂

It's defo 1 house in your books  ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 01:45:43 pm »
Can i just say something here please chaps.

Its all relative. Here in surrey indeed you need to turnover in excess of £300 per day just to pay the bills.

My council tax alone is nudging £200 per month. Rents down here are £1500 per month and upwards, and thats just for a small house in the surrey subs or a flat in the town centre.  House prices here are £400k upwards so before you even have started for basic essentials in rent/mortgage council tax ect your lookinh at kissing goodbye to well over £2000 per month before your even puting food on the table.

In order to live here £300 a day is comfortable if you dont live an extravagant lifestyle, remeber you also have to pay tax at top rate too.

Its all releative. Id love to live in an area where rent was £700 a month for a massive house, or pick up a bargain detached 5 bedroom place for £200k.

Average prices down here for a 3 bed semi is around  £45 on a bi monthly clean and people pay it here.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 03:02:48 pm »
Can i just say something here please chaps.

Its all relative. Here in surrey indeed you need to turnover in excess of £300 per day just to pay the bills.

My council tax alone is nudging £200 per month. Rents down here are £1500 per month and upwards, and thats just for a small house in the surrey subs or a flat in the town centre.  House prices here are £400k upwards so before you even have started for basic essentials in rent/mortgage council tax ect your lookinh at kissing goodbye to well over £2000 per month before your even puting food on the table.

In order to live here £300 a day is comfortable if you dont live an extravagant lifestyle, remeber you also have to pay tax at top rate too.

Its all releative. Id love to live in an area where rent was £700 a month for a massive house, or pick up a bargain detached 5 bedroom place for £200k.

Average prices down here for a 3 bed semi is around  £45 on a bi monthly clean and people pay it here.

Wow , now I understand what NWH keeps banging on about , Marc ..... You have opened my eyes , cheers

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 04:48:21 pm »
Indeed a 3'bed semi is no where near the 15-20 mark I wouldn't do one for that I do 3 houses down a small road that are 30 each and they literally take 10-12 minutes each quicker if they are out so £90 in under an hour. You could earn 200 a day down here and with the ebb and flow of money being paid on time you'd struggle,with monlthly bills as said council tax household bills etc you need to earn 1500 at least a month before you flick the kettle on,if you live in an area mid to north country you may not agree but down south I really don't know how people survive even with 2 adults working it cost s£££ loads to live down here.

Marc Stock

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 04:59:40 pm »
Indeed a 3'bed semi is no where near the 15-20 mark I wouldn't do one for that I do 3 houses down a small road that are 30 each and they literally take 10-12 minutes each quicker if they are out so £90 in under an hour. You could earn 200 a day down here and with the ebb and flow of money being paid on time you'd struggle,with monlthly bills as said council tax household bills etc you need to earn 1500 at least a month before you flick the kettle on,if you live in an area mid to north country you may not agree but down south I really don't know how people survive even with 2 adults working it cost s£££ loads to live down here.

What part of surrey you cover?