This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Re: Who says you need to earn £300 a day to earns good living....
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
Can i just say something here please chaps.

Its all relative. Here in surrey indeed you need to turnover in excess of £300 per day just to pay the bills.

My council tax alone is nudging £200 per month. Rents down here are £1500 per month and upwards, and thats just for a small house in the surrey subs or a flat in the town centre.  House prices here are £400k upwards so before you even have started for basic essentials in rent/mortgage council tax ect your lookinh at kissing goodbye to well over £2000 per month before your even puting food on the table.

In order to live here £300 a day is comfortable if you dont live an extravagant lifestyle, remeber you also have to pay tax at top rate too.

Its all releative. Id love to live in an area where rent was £700 a month for a massive house, or pick up a bargain detached 5 bedroom place for £200k.

Average prices down here for a 3 bed semi is around  £45 on a bi monthly clean and people pay it here.

Wow , now I understand what NWH keeps banging on about , Marc ..... You have opened my eyes , cheers

Its just bull Shrek, they harp on about the high cost of living and yet they all have £45 or more spare for a 10 minute window cleaning job
I take it there are no nurses, teachers, posties, police, shop workers, fast food chain workers and more all on a lot less than £300 a day living within a hundred miles of this area.
Do these guys pay their employees £300 a day I think not, like I keep saying you don't need to be too much of a detective to
see through a lot of the bull on here.

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
We all know what we need  to earn to pay the bills and get by if there is any leftover in some cases. So it don't matter what part of the country you are from just stop bickering and get out there and earn as much as you can before you die. Preferably not killing yourself in the process as you can't take it with you.

Miko67

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:32 pm »
Same , up here in Glasgow, average is a fiver a house.
Can't really charge more than that, but seems as though you lot are living in a different planet charging them prices. 

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 05:51:42 pm »

Its all relative. Here in surrey indeed you need to turnover in excess of £300 per day just to pay the bills.

My council tax alone is nudging £200 per month. Rents down here are £1500 per month and upwards, and thats just for a small house in the surrey subs or a flat in the town centre.  House prices here are £400k upwards so before you even have started for basic essentials in rent/mortgage council tax ect your lookinh at kissing goodbye to well over £2000 per month before your even puting food on the table.

In order to live here £300 a day is comfortable if you dont live an extravagant lifestyle, remeber you also have to pay tax at top rate too.

Its all releative. Id love to live in an area where rent was £700 a month for a massive house, or pick up a bargain detached 5 bedroom place for £200k.

Average prices down here for a 3 bed semi is around  £45 on a bi monthly clean and people pay it here.

Wow , now I understand what NWH keeps banging on about , Marc ..... You have opened my eyes , cheers

Its just bull Shrek, they harp on about the high cost of living and yet they all have £45 or more spare for a 10 minute window cleaning job
I take it there are no nurses, teachers, posties, police, shop workers, fast food chain workers and more all on a lot less than £300 a day living within a hundred miles of this area.
Do these guys pay their employees £300 a day I think not, like I keep saying you don't need to be too much of a detective to

You know what Sean why dont you come down here and see for yourself.  Its not bull. And for your information why would you pay someone your Turnover? 

And this teachers and nurses melarkey you know for a fact keyworkers get help. The council contribute towards rent costs for these people. Which is probbably why my council tax is so flippin high, cos rents are so high its a never ending circle.

Do you even know what turnover is? 

Quite simply put to you.

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 05:59:17 pm »
Can't really charge more than that, but seems as though you lot are living in a different planet charging them prices. 

You've got to clean a lot of houses at a fiver a pop (gross takings) to make ends meet surely?
Sounds bloody hard graft and prity grim to me just thinking about it  ???

Just to put that pricing into context we had a trad window cleaner that came every 2 weeks and you can guess what he charged....Yes a fiver a clean but that was nearly 30 years ago  ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 06:08:48 pm »

You know what Sean why dont you come down here and see for yourself.  Its not bull.
My mortgage is £1,600 a month. If anyone takes the time to look it up you can find my house on Streetview or an estate agent site. It's a bog standard 3 bed detached. Not as nice as yours Sean.  We're not totally happy with it so we recently had it valued. £525,000. It's madness. That said, £300 a day in Newbury is a comfortable income.  I don't see why just to be less comfortable than I am able to be I should price like Sean seems to think I should. I don't drink and I don't smoke and it's not so straightforward now as I have two vans but that was what I aimed for before employing. My average price is £25ish.

It isn't bull Sean.

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 06:29:22 pm »

thats quite an eye - opener

my rent is £550 per month 3 bed semi and council tax is £100 per month, reason why 150 a day up here isnt a bad crack at all.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 06:38:34 pm »
Good God,  imagine what plasterers earn down that way or a toilet cleaner they must be on £400 a day easily  :o

the king

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 06:41:47 pm »
this is a bug eye opener for me to as some times i here these big ernings on here and think blady hell how do u get these prices but its all about were u live  in my area u have quite a few guys running round charging £6 for a house with like 13 windows ect wich i think is blady cheep some times i price jobs and people look at me like ive just robed them blind some of the shop fronts in town are like £3  a clean its a war zone with the old boys trying to get a good run of shops in torquay

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »
Good God,  imagine what plasterers earn down that way or a toilet cleaner they must be on £400 a day easily  :o

We tend to deal with professional types down south who have a wee bit more disposable income than a toilet cleaner Dave  ;D

NWH

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 07:16:23 pm »
Sean K honestly you have no clue about this end of the country if they paid £3 for half a cardboard cup of coffee they'd think it was cheap,if someone's earning 100-200k a year do you think that they are honestly bothered about paying 50-100 quid every so often for window cleaning. Not only that more often than not they are both earning that out of the same house,before you say anyone is a dreamer and a few only say this kind of thing as a joke to annoy or Bragg you really do need to get your facts straight or do your maths. How much do you think you need to earn to live down here when your monthly outgoings are touching 2k a month 5-600 quid a week! Lol.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:48 pm »
Maybe we should start bitching about Vision or talk about converting a Harris pole for work eh,I might start a thread on how bad I'm doing or how I'm struggling to make ends meet it might get me some friends or praise at how I'm making an effort. The how much for this thread sums it up really beer money quoting comes to mind.

chris turner

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »
Sean K honestly you have no clue about this end of the country if they paid £3 for half a cardboard cup of coffee they'd think it was cheap,if someone's earning 100-200k a year do you think that they are honestly bothered about paying 50-100 quid every so often for window cleaning. Not only that more often than not they are both earning that out of the same house,before you say anyone is a dreamer and a few only say this kind of thing as a joke to annoy or Bragg you really do need to get your facts straight or do your maths. How much do you think you need to earn to live down here when your monthly outgoings are touching 2k a month 5-600 quid a week! Lol.

Still, £300 a day is a bit of an exaggeration, and I live 'down' here. You can comfortably live on around £200 a day,  unless like nwh your happy paying £3 for half a cup of coffee.
I know alot of window cleaners in hants and surrey and not one of them earns £1500 a week as a sole trader.

chris turner

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 07:42:51 pm »
Just to add, I'm not just saying that to be defensive, I average £160-£200 most days and more on others BUT my other half earns a good salary on top of that. Could we live on just my wages, I think we could, maybe not as 'freespending' as we are now but we would certainly be OK.
I think some of the people quoting the £300 plus figure are those that have, or want, a higher standard of living then the average joe.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:49 pm »

You may joke But I had a plasterer charge me £1400 for 2 days rendering in my garden.

SeanK

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

NWH I don't need to live at your end of the country to know what public sector workers are earning, I don't need to live
in your end of the country to know what shop workers and other lower paid workers are earning.
Like I have said before you guys come on here bragging about your £100 plus an hour turnover and then try to justify it by
saying you only clean for millionaires your expenses run into the tens of thousands and its impossible to live in the area on a
UK average wage.

SeanK

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 08:12:05 pm »
Maybe we should start bitching about Vision or talk about converting a Harris pole for work eh,I might start a thread on how bad I'm doing or how I'm struggling to make ends meet it might get me some friends or praise at how I'm making an effort. The how much for this thread sums it up really beer money quoting comes to mind.

Seriously where do you get the beer money quoting from ? the only guys on here who constantly feel the need to tell what they
charge/earn are yourself and a few others.
I would say most on here are more than happy with what they earn for the hours worked and for some reason don't feel the
need to constantly brag about it, I wonder why ?

Miko67

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:59 pm »

You've got to clean a lot of houses at a fiver a pop (gross takings) to make ends meet surely?
Sounds bloody hard graft and prity grim to me just thinking about it  ???

Just to put that pricing into context we had a trad window cleaner that came every 2 weeks and you can guess what he charged....Yes a fiver a clean but that was nearly 30 years ago  ::)roll
I do it trad also, I don't feel it's grim either mate. I think it's what the jobs worth and I feel happy with my lot. I can do 15 houses in a 3 or 4 hours.
I know plenty of people that it takes them all day to make what I make and they have nagging bosses set times of work, different shifts.
You have the honey down your end though mate for sure.

windowswashed

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 08:33:31 pm »
Rent round our way is £700+ and water bills nearly £900. Thank goodness this year my mortgage comes to an end.

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:07 pm »
I suppose all trades in Surrey must be on 300 a day minimum just to live in that area. Bakers, Policemen Lollypop men, Tesco Employees, Teachers, Butchers and Candlestick Makers.

Thing is though, they aren't much better off 'cos everybody is on 40% tax. People in Yorkshire don't pay any tax.