This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jlkw

Wfp brushes
« on: March 28, 2016, 12:40:58 pm »
What is the best brushes to use oval or rectangular and what's a decent size brush to use  mainly for domestic  work

Smudger

Re: Wfp brushes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:45:56 pm »
Gardiners - super light mixed medium

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 02:04:47 pm »
If your work consists of a lot of leaded windows you'd do well to consider having a good flocked brush to hand as mono brushes can lift the lead, especially at the joints.

kempy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 03:56:20 pm »
I use gardiners black soft brush and got xline mono brushes

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »
The best brush on the market is the Xtreme, It doesn't have the scrubbing power of some of the more heavy brushes
but has more than enough for what we need.
As with everything there will be exceptions as it might not be the best for coastal work or for longer periods between cleans
but for 6 weekly town or semi rural then they wont be beaten.
I prefer the medium mixed black and white as it tends to last a lot longer than the soft and I don't think the stiff works well
on glass.
Have been trying the Supreme over this last 4 or 5 weeks and while it is a nice brush to use the extra weight and grip on the glass
has slowed me down and you do feel a lot more worn out after a days use but it would be my next choice if I couldn't get what
I needed from an Xtreme.

kempy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 04:33:26 pm »
I agree the stiff is poor , aimed at hot users and is probably better used fur its main purpose .

I've Heard good reviews  on the latest ultimate brushes ?

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 04:51:15 pm »
The best brush on the market is the Xtreme, It doesn't have the scrubbing power of some of the more heavy brushes
but has more than enough for what we need.
As with everything there will be exceptions as it might not be the best for coastal work or for longer periods between cleans
but for 6 weekly town or semi rural then they wont be beaten.
I prefer the medium mixed black and white as it tends to last a lot longer than the soft and I don't think the stiff works well
on glass.
Have been trying the Supreme over this last 4 or 5 weeks and while it is a nice brush to use the extra weight and grip on the glass
has slowed me down and you do feel a lot more worn out after a days use but it would be my next choice if I couldn't get what
I needed from an Xtreme.

You need to try one of the new Ultimate brushes from Gardiner Sean. They are fantastic- almost super-lite power with near Xtreme weight. The medium soft is probably the best pound for pound brush I've ever used, I'll be trying the medium when it comes out also. 

Tony dunmall

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 06:39:45 pm »
I prefer the extreme stuff and hybrid

Your right best with hot water though

Tried the ultimate but slowed me down

When heat gets turned off I use extreme hybrid

Use supreme flocked  for con roofs as no need for speed

james stanley

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 06:46:03 pm »
Tried all brushes inc new ultimates but the xline mono is still by far far the best current brush for everyday use out there ... A tad heavy about super light weight but very good brush

trafficjamz

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »
I've had a couple of xtreme brushes in the past, and although they're very light, the end bristles snap off rather quickly, so I've stuck with a supreme medium hybrid for now. A bit heavier but seems to clean better and lasts longer, as well as being good at flicking spider nests from the corners.
I've been using then on an SLX 22. But tomorrow I think I'm gonna order a new Xtreme 22. No idea which brush to go for at the moment!

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »
your gonna get a lot of different answers as brushes are a personal choice.i have loads(mostly gardiners)

xtreme
supreme
ultimate
supalite
sill
xline

in most types.flocked,mono,stiff,hybrid bristle etc.

in fact ive got that many i wont need to buy any for at least a few years! ;D

my main brushes for lots of maintenance window cleaning at the moment are the ultimate medium mixed,the xline mono and flocked versions depending on type of windows(leaded etc) and frequency.

sill brushes or xtremes for f/s/g cleans and conservatory roofs.

supreme soft for washing the van/car.

IMO the supalites and xline brushes are the most hard wearing but can seem a tad heavy compared to the ultimates/xtremes.

in future i think ill stick to  buying  the ultimates and xlines and maybe the odd sill radius brush.these are fantastic brushes and i dont need any others TBH.
price higher/work harder!

trafficjamz

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 10:49:58 pm »
Can't find an ultimate medium mixed.
There's a medium soft that's available, and the medium is coming soon.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 07:48:14 am »
sorry mate i meant the medium soft ultimate which tbh is just like the medium mixed bristle version of the standard SL s
price higher/work harder!

trafficjamz

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:41 am »
I might try that one out. Thanks

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 12:36:02 pm »
Ultimate flocked-dual-medium,the medium is the best and when it comes out you will agree with me. The flocked is the best first cleaner and brush for leads bar none now,the medium is for everything else you'll clean.