Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Neighbour.
« on: March 23, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »
Had a new neighbour move in a couple of years ago, he's always outside asking me this and that about the job. Can get a bit annoying, but I don't mind him.
Now he's quitting his job and currently building a shed to hold WFP gear as he's decided to start it up!
Would you take it as a compliment that he thinks you've done well and it's nice to have someone that close in case  problems with water/spares etc or.....
Would you be royally p'eed off that someone has that close has started up as direct competition?
I'm not really bothered but the missus has the hump  ;D

Bungle

Re: Neighbour.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:55:37 pm »
Ask him if he wants a window cleaner.
We look at them, they look through them.

capn sparkle

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »

;D ;D ;D

robert tynan

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 07:03:36 pm »
i wouldnt help him at all ,way to close to home , f*** him business is business

Blackadder

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »

I've cleaned them three times for free
*slaps own face*

Cookie

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:10 pm »
I would take it as a compliment. There's plenty of windows to go round...

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 07:59:46 pm »
TBH i dont see a problem.everyone needs to make a living.he s gonna struggle though as its getting enough good solid paying customers on board thats the hardest part and to earn enough to cover your  bills(to start with).
price higher/work harder!

tonycarr

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:48 pm »
maybe he`ll purchase some decent new gear, and when when he finds out  its not for him after all, you could buy some cheap secondhand gear  ;)

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Blackadder

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »
maybe he`ll purchase some decent new gear, and when when he finds out  its not for him after all, you could buy some cheap secondhand gear  ;)

tony

Like your thinking  :D

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 09:18:16 pm »
And that will probably happen sooner than you think  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:10:46 pm »
Defo a compliment, you seem to know the guy reasonably well, do you think he has the drive to make it work?

As already said there is more than enough work to go around and I doubt you'll lose any customers to him, and can always sell off some of the crappy customers to him 👍

Your biggest error was to do his windows free, had you charged a nominal £5 him would be thinking there's no money in this game😂

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »

I've cleaned them three times for free
*slaps own face*
Advise him of the very best kit to buy - stuff you'd like yourself. Tell him there's no need to canvass or leaflet. Just place an ad in Yellow Pages, do a good job and the work will flood in.  He'll then be selling all his gear cheap in 6 months as he's got no work and you can buy it all cheap and pristine.  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:53 pm »
Those awkward moments tho when he undercuts you so he can get some work or takes some of your customers and you know it was him.....hows the relationship gonna be then??????
On the other hand, like you said theres plenty of work out there, but unless hes any good, (you kno ursen, any fool can splash water on a window) but it takes hard work n commitment to do it right n build up a round. Or even if he buys a round to get established, it may not last.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 11:36:49 pm »
Most newbie’s in this game don't last a year when the penny drops they can't earn enough to pay the bills.

dave f

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 07:01:16 am »
I think hes mugged you over, I get people from time to time asking alsorts  I just do the job down

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:57 am »
Get him to come on here, he will be convinced that you can clean a mansion in under 10mins and will make a complete
mess of the windows trying.

SeanK

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 07:18:10 am »
Most newbie’s in this game don't last a year when the penny drops they can't earn enough to pay the bills.

I think its more the fact they think its handy easy money and are shocked to find out its not the case.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 07:24:52 am »
The first couple of customers you get feel like they are the best , easy work and you spend forever on them , then you pick up a dog $hit garden customer and it's a game changer

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 09:51:31 am »
If somethings good tell them,if it's excellent keep it to yourself was something an old boy told me once and it's so true. Don't get  carried away telling people what you can earn and it what time it will come back and bite you in the bum. All WCs talk to each other coz we all know what we can do to a certain extent but non windys I just say it pays the bills.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 09:52:33 am »
When youve landed at Gatwick coming in from Barbados don't get a local taxi driver to where you live either lol.