This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANCARE WC

unbelievable silly price
« on: March 23, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »
Just had someone phone me up from my website thinking I cleaned their windows LAST YEAR (See where this is going?)

2 bed bungalow near the sea hasn't been cleaned for a year & wants the windows and  a SMALL roof cleaned, I wonder if her small is the same as mine? my experience with woman says not  ;D

Anyway I fire out a generous price of £60

& she nearly has a heart attack saying she has never paid more than £20 & only has it done once a year!?

It seems I'm only getting rubbish enquiry these days & if I get one more email through my website from some SEO shmuck so help me!  :-X  >:(
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Smurf

Re: unbelievable silly price
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »
We all get people that want something done for next to bugger all.
I would have said something like "well how much do you think it costs to have them cleaned once a month then. Bearing in mind there is not a year worth of crap on the frames & glass?... Now times that by twelve and you will see the price I quoted is quite reasonable"  ;D 

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:11:57 pm »
I've just done a 3 story terrace front and rear that ring maybe twice a year due to them needing to be home, scheduled with close regular work it was a 15 min £20 job.
Doesn't seem to take me any longer or use any more water than a monthly/6 weekly job.
On a once a year job is it going to take you 12 x as long and 12 x as much water ? Of course not - maybe a reasonable surcharge.
I don't really see what the problem is, maybe if its out of your way or going to take an hour, but a 2 bed bungalow and a small roof ?, come on  ::)roll, £30 or £35 even but 3 x what she was expecting ? " unbelievable silly price " to whom exactly , you or her ?
each to their own and only my opinion  :) your choice, feel better now you've vented on here ?  ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 06:03:12 pm »
I've just done a 3 story terrace front and rear that ring maybe twice a year due to them needing to be home, scheduled with close regular work it was a 15 min £20 job.
Doesn't seem to take me any longer or use any more water than a monthly/6 weekly job.
On a once a year job is it going to take you 12 x as long and 12 x as much water ? Of course not - maybe a reasonable surcharge.
I don't really see what the problem is, maybe if its out of your way or going to take an hour, but a 2 bed bungalow and a small roof ?, come on  ::)roll, £30 or £35 even but 3 x what she was expecting ? " unbelievable silly price " to whom exactly , you or her ?
each to their own and only my opinion  :) your choice, feel better now you've vented on here ?  ;D

Feel better  ;D but once a year? With roof?  :o £60 all day long, actually all year long!

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 06:17:28 pm »

Feel better  ;D but once a year? With roof?  :o £60 all day long, actually all year long!
Ha Ha, was waiting for you to bite  :D
good for you, that's the spirit  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 08:40:52 pm »
if its near the sea itll be covered in salt too! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:43:42 pm »
That's the problem as some potential customers seem to live in the past regards pricing. The question I would have asked is why are you contacting me if you were happy paying £20 last time?

When you say roof I take it you mean conservatory aswell?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 11:01:51 pm »
That's the problem as some potential customers seem to live in the past regards pricing. The question I would have asked is why are you contacting me if you were happy paying £20 last time?

When you say roof I take it you mean conservatory aswell?

Yep modern 2 bed cottage with conservatory & roof to be done.. in Southwold suffolk where beach huts sell for £70k plus   ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 11:26:31 pm »
That's a classic case of I will keep phoning around until I find some numpty to do it for 20 squid  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 11:48:26 pm »
That's a classic case of I will keep phoning around until I find some numpty to do it for 20 squid  ;D

Thats the problem.....the fact that there are some numpties out there who will do it!!
Handful of yrs bk, I turn up to quote a job. I priced it at £18 (traditional cleaning) even than I wanted to go higher but thought better of it. x-mining village . She nearly choked and said her window cleaner only charged £3, 50.  I told her, thats the reason why youve contacted me as they were hit n miss and did a rubbish job (her words), you get what you pay for
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 12:10:33 am »
Indeed.. Most would do a rubbish job or spend a long time doing it then realize they underpriced the job and never want to do it again,