Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

Heads up!
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:00:36 pm »
Guys,
I was contacted by a well spoken guy talking to me about canvassing, his name was Dean Dennis and comes from Spring Rd, Ipswich, he trades under the name 'door2door canvassing'.

Anyway this guy took a deposit from me and then when he came to meet me to do the canvassing, he couldn't get the results he thought/promised and then since has made every excuse possible not to refund me my deposit after time and time again saying he would. Well I just want all you guys to know to stay well away from him, as genuine as he sounds he is a 100% messer and will just take your money and run. Scum bag in my opinion.

AuRavelling79

Re: Heads up!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »
Guys,
I was contacted by a well spoken guy talking to me about canvassing, his name was Dean Dennis and comes from Spring Rd, Ipswich, he trades under the name 'door2door canvassing'.

Anyway this guy took a deposit from me and then when he came to meet me to do the canvassing, he couldn't get the results he thought/promised and then since has made every excuse possible not to refund me my deposit after time and time again saying he would. Well I just want all you guys to know to stay well away from him, as genuine as he sounds he is a 100% messer and will just take your money and run. Scum bag in my opinion.

What did he take and what results did you get? The devil is in the detail.
It's a game of three halves!

easy clean

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 10:18:27 pm »
We started on a £500 campaign so I gave him £125 deposit. He got 3 houses on the first day (front only 8.00, front only 7.50 and an all round for £13.00) the £13.00 wanted a one off and the 7.50 cancelled when we got to the door. So we only ended up with a 8.00 job!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:44:45 pm »
So what are you complaining about as the residual value of that one job if 4 weekly and you keep it is worth £104 yearly.  . Just means you will be cleaning it for free for over the first year and you've broke even with the 125 deposit you paid  ;D

capn sparkle

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 06:43:25 pm »
Think I'd be a bit miffed too.

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:05:48 pm »
To be honest I don't see how anyone knocking doors can guarantee any results as so many factors have to be taken into consideration when canvassing an area.