Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ascjim

Priming new pressure washer
« on: March 03, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »
Got a new pressure washer https://www.grippatank.co.uk/2250psi-pw150-ph12gc-petrol-pressure-washer

I can seem to get the thing to prime, this is its first use.

Any here good with washers?

Nathanael Jones

Re: Priming new pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 07:04:31 pm »
pull the trigger & keep it pulled, then slow the engine right down to tickover. When the water starts coming through properly (it'll splutter for a few seconds) rev the engine back up & you're good to go.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »
Are you on mains or drawing from a tank?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:34:24 pm »
To prime mine I just open the lever to let water run, once it's flowing fine I close it.

Any pics of yours may help

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:13 pm »
have you not got a bleed valve fitted,  easy priming with this.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 10:05:02 am »
I would say being dual supply mains or suction it will have an easy valve that opens and closes automatically, if he's trying to start up from a tank ( non mains ) then he may have trouble if the suction hose is just placed into the tank

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ascjim

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 10:39:00 am »
I'm trying from main atm. Just doesn't want to do anything.  There's no easy start value I can see

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 11:01:37 am »
Ok - from the mains it shouldn't need priming as water is being pushed through, do you have a bypass tap?when you open it water comes out ( while connected to the mains ) if so start up while open. If you haven't got this you'll have an auto bleed valve ( should see a brass piece on the end of the pump opposite the output hose with a small clear tube coming from it )
If this is the case your system will pressurize when you pull/start the pw - you need to release the pressure by keeping the trigger on the lance open  (or remove the lance for now so water can run freely from the end) this should allow you to start up the pw once you have flow you can let go of the trigger ( of stop the pw re attach the lance and start up again )

Darran

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 11:15:55 am »
I'm trying from main atm. Just doesn't want to do anything.  There's no easy start value I can see
Good Morning James,

We have just replied to your support ticket with further assistance.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

ascjim

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:32 pm »
Turns out to be a big technical problem...

The lance nozzle was in 'water the plants' mode.

I retire!  lol.

Thanks to Oliver for pointing it out  ;D

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:22:25 pm »

I retire!  lol.

;D

We like that kind of tech question!

Any further help, just let us know on support@grippatank.co.uk
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 12:25:51 pm »

I retire!  lol.

"Water the plants mode"  ??? now that's a new one on me as any good washer should start up no matter what nozzle you have on the lance surely. Anyhow I take it you have found out what the black nozzle does. Best you stay away from using the zero tip nozzle methinks   ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »
As above - wtf ???

Darran

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »
As above - wtf ???

Darran
The pressure washer was pumping water through, but at no pressure.

The lance has an adjustable head on it, and factory default setting is for soap and chemical spraying.

By adjusting the lance head, James was able to get to the various degrees needed for pressure washing surfaces (fan through to pencil).

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:05 pm »
Oh you mean a vario nozzle  ::)roll
Like this maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CURMNtWv4Ec

From experience I've found you can easily do a lot of damage with that thing as if using it on low pressure to rinse down stuff on the clean up. Meaning it can be easy to push it back to high pressure mode if not careful just by resting the lance tip on the floor.  Then you go to rinse something down not noticing so when you pull the trigger close to a fence etc it damages it. Oops!...Been there, done that ;D

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »
Oh, ok

Hopefully James will graduate to real nozzles shortly then.....

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »
Oh, ok

Hopefully James will graduate to real nozzles shortly then.....

Darran

What like a turbo nozzle maybe?
To be honest I found those vario nozzles pants for adjustment after a while ...well the ones I got from qwashers anyway ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »
Yep, I have a few knocking around as well

I use a nice little nozzle from BE  that is fab for rinsing down. Other than wood, turbo nozzle all the way  ;D

Darran