This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

Faststar 8l water heater
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:57:42 pm »
My fog wash  finally stopped working , bought one of these heaters of eBay  can't get it to fire up , any ideas ?
Spit and polish

Smurf

Re: Faststar 8l water heater
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 01:31:53 pm »
My fog wash  finally stopped working , bought one of these heaters of eBay  can't get it to fire up , any ideas ?

You need the flow on the heater set to min and and use a half inch hose feed to the inlet side on the heater from the pump. Oh and obviously connect the gas and switch the ignition on then turn on the controller and pump to about half way. It then should fire up ok.

However any air in the system will need bleeding out first too if need be before it will fire up. To do this set the conroller on full with all the hoses connected from the pump to the heater and heater outlet hose exept the hose reel and wait untill the tone on the pump changes and you get a constant good flow. Now the heater should fire up straight away so then adjust the flow back down to what you want but not that low it cuts the heater out.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:48:57 pm »
Hi Smurf tried that it still didn't ignite, do you know if digital dispay comes on even when not ignited mine does not?
Spit and polish

dave f

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »
check to see if it has a on of switch  and you have good batterys and not to much water flow from heater

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:06 pm »
Hi Smurf tried that it still didn't ignite, do you know if digital dispay comes on even when not ignited mine does not?

The digital display on the heater will only come on when the burner fires up.
To test if there is a fault with the heater itself try connecting a hose pipe to it from and outside tap and then see what happen then.

I just had a thought you did get an LPG one I hope  ::)roll

dave f

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:13:49 am »
if I'm no mistaken I think it would still fire up but with a rubbish flame the jet hole if I rember corectly are larger  for nat gas