This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

WFP Letter
« on: March 01, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

Have got a residential home i do and some of the old dears are struggling to get there heads round the wfp methods as i did for a few years do traditionally. Over the last few years since changing to wfp there has been more of the tenants choosing not to have them cleaned.. Anyway it was suggested by a senior management member that i sort a letter out explaining what and how the wfp works. The staff are fully aware the wfp methods of cleaning work very well but it's just unsettling some of the elderly people.

Does anyone have a template of a letter or an old letter i can use please as i'm sure some of you guys had a letter sorted when you changed over methods. Then i can get this to the mangement so they can get a letter out to all the elderly people at the home.

Thank you in advance :-)

mark m

Re: WFP Letter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »
We are in the process of switching to a new method of cleaning your upstairs windows.  This method will soon be the industry standard for window cleaning at height. As a Business wanting to be at the forefront of our industry, we have decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we filter through state of the art reverse-osmosis filters and de-ionisation vessels.We are embracing this technology for a number of reasons(1) Health and safety.  Legislation being brought into effect will limit the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law as we understand it, now states that ladders should only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered. As a company, we have decided that water-fed pole systems are a safer viable alternative and are worth the investment. If the job can be completed to the same high standard without standing on a ladder, then we have an obligation to embrace this method.   (2) Better cleaning results.  Firstly, it cleans the windows and the frames. Second, the major advantage of pure water is its capacity to absorb large amounts of dirt from your windows. This process involves brushing and rinsing your windows clean with pure water and allowing them to dry naturally to a streak free shine. This occurs due to the pure nature of the water used.(3) Environmentally friendly. Pure water only is used, eliminating the need for any detergents and chemicals except where greasy dirt is a problem.(4) Reduced disturbance & Increased privacy. No more dents in your lawn and unexpected appearances of faces at windows. (5) We may now be able to reach previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Conservatory roofs, windows above conservatory’s etc. that we had previously been unable to clean.(6) Water-fed pole cleaning works in the rain! Although we will not work in severe weather, showery misty weather will no longer hinder our work. This will help us to ensure a more regular and professional service to all of our customers.Please note that it can take up to two or three visits for the process to `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time. Therefore, please be patient if the initial visit is not perfect.Best Regards to all  etc. etc.________________________Hope this helps

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »
Mark m - I really don't see where people get this, " won't be right for three cleans " that's garbage, you expect people to pay but not get them clean ??? WFP will get them clean right the first time if care and time is taken, all you are doing is sewing seeds of doubt ( mainly your own ) into the customers mindset about the new method.

Promote the positives, better clean, frames included, H&S etc.....

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »
You can try to explain it to people but they just don't get it, ok for management ye put something together for them, but I find it much easier to just get a tds metre take a tap reading then explain to them about the levels and how it has to get down to 0 and then take a reading from the hose ( hopefully it 0 ) out the van and this way they kind of grasp what's going on.

Then you hit them with the extra costs of purifying it  ;D

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:18:24 pm »
Just say, they are stopping use of ladders

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »
You can try to explain it to people but they just don't get it, ok for management ye put something together for them, but I find it much easier to just get a tds metre take a tap reading then explain to them about the levels and how it has to get down to 0 and then take a reading from the hose ( hopefully it 0 ) out the van and this way they kind of grasp what's going on.

Then you hit them with the extra costs of purifying it  ;D

;D ;D

I wouldn't even bother, at that age they still think the trains run on stream, we use pounds shillings and pence, and British leyland make cars...

Keep plodding along the current crop will soon die off, and the new ones will know no different

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »
Definaltey  ;D ;D

But, even with directors from jobs we do, they come out for a chat and ask questions and they don't understand the answers,

I just give them the tds metre and tell them to take a sample of tap water, it's best wen it's in the hundreds really coz it looks good, I have been Woking round dazmonds ways and the tap tds is only 030 so I dont use that trick in Manchester  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »
Im with you on this matty. I use same tactics as it hits the message home in a single shot. But also agree with smudger, we have to sell our service and to do that we have to be 100% confident in our service n product we use. That comes across more than what we say, but sell benefits not plant negatives
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 09:03:27 pm »
Hi Guys,

Have got a residential home i do and some of the old dears are struggling to get there heads round the wfp methods as i did for a few years do traditionally. Over the last few years since changing to wfp there has been more of the tenants choosing not to have them cleaned.. Anyway it was suggested by a senior management member that i sort a letter out explaining what and how the wfp works. The staff are fully aware the wfp methods of cleaning work very well but it's just unsettling some of the elderly people.

Does anyone have a template of a letter or an old letter i can use please as i'm sure some of you guys had a letter sorted when you changed over methods. Then i can get this to the mangement so they can get a letter out to all the elderly people at the home.

really?the mind boggles! ::)roll

if its a residential home do you not have a contract to clean all the windows on the property?
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 10:34:56 pm »
Mark m - I really don't see where people get this, " won't be right for three cleans " that's garbage, you expect people to pay but not get them clean ???

Obviously i can't speak for Mark, but i think you'll find he has copied and pasted an old leaflet. I still have one in doc format somewhere, its the same wording.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:37:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

really?the mind boggles! ::)roll

if its a residential home do you not have a contract to clean all the windows on the property?

I do a small block of flats and there's one old woman there hates the WFP. Everytime she see's me says...."oh, you again? I've no idea what that stuff is you put on the windows and you never dry them off" and then stomps off. I'd be gone in a heartbeat if it was up to her  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »
Just tell them it's the safer and preferred method of cleaning windows; old fuddy duddies hate changes.

mark m

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 08:54:57 am »
Mark m - I really don't see where people get this, " won't be right for three cleans " that's garbage, you expect people to pay but not get them clean ???

Obviously i can't speak for Mark, but i think you'll find he has copied and pasted an old leaflet. I still have one in doc format somewhere, its the same wording.

That is correct it was just a copied letter I was just trying to help as nobody else did at the time

cat9921

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 11:52:34 am »

Does anyone have a template of a letter or an old letter i can use please.

Dear Customer

We are changing the way we clean your windows. The new method will stop me from looking into your bedrooms because I am a tart and have bean cautioned by the police!!!

We use pure water but it is not as good as the old method and don't expect to have good results, expect spots on the windows

I will be cleaning a lot faster and getting the same amount of money so that's good for me!!

have a nice day

Adders Rinse and Clean

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 03:47:29 pm »
Thanks Guys... Yes i do clean the communal windows which i invoice to head office but the actual tenants windows i just do each time and it can depend from clean to clean how many choose to have them done. I only charge £3.50 for there flats byt when your doing 20 odd plus the communal windows it's not a bad days wage.

It's just to let them know as a comment was made from a couple of the old dears that i just went along and sprayed the window and then left Lol..

You are right though(as horrible as it sounds) in time it will be the norm. It's mainly the elderly that i've had a problem with..

The other day i picked up a new bungalow and went along and cleaned them(frames were manky)but i did a great job as i could see the front ones were almost dry by the time i had finished. The previous window cleaner obviously didn't clean the frames.

Anyway after i finished(first clean) she went mental at me saying 'I don't like the way you are cleaning the windows' so i said ''Just let the water dry and i guarantee you will be happy with the results''  she was having none of it and was very rude and just said ''Don't come back again''

So after charging her £12.50 for a detached bungalow and all frames were cleaned(she still paid) off i went looking out the van as i drove away at how good the front windows looked.... CRAZY.. Some people will never accept the wfp methods and it's almost like they really want you to earn your money.. Get up a ladder and hand clean every window..

What can you do? I would never change my methods of cleaning for one customer like that... Funny thing is when i first moved over to wfp i did use to do just a few trad,but not now as a lot more confident and i don't believe you should change your methods... I know the wfp works very well as i rarely get a complaint but you can't please everyone....

What do you guys do when you pick up a new job with an elderly person? Do you inform them your methods of cleaning? Or do you just turn up the first time and clean them without saying anything? As it's getting to the stage with the elderly ones that i feel i need to let them know my methods so i don't get a nasty shock like that lady in that bungalow(i on this occasion didn't notify her to my methods of cleaning)

Can't please everyone!

CleanClear

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

What do you guys do when you pick up a new job with an elderly person? Do you inform them your methods of cleaning? Or do you just turn up the first time and clean them without saying anything?

Just turn up and clean and say nowt. I realised i was going to be wasting my breath when they said (and i've had a few say this)...there's a tap round the side for your brush if you need it .  ;D

Could count on one hand the negative reactions i've had.  My sig being one of them.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:36:48 pm »
no one usually even questions wfp anymore mate.if they do, a simple verbal explanation suffices.
price higher/work harder!

Micky Barber

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »
Mark m - I really don't see where people get this, " won't be right for three cleans " that's garbage, you expect people to pay but not get them clean ??? WFP will get them clean right the first time if care and time is taken, all you are doing is sewing seeds of doubt ( mainly your own ) into the customers mindset about the new method.

Promote the positives, better clean, frames included, H&S etc.....

Darran

I think the 3 clean warning is absolutely the right thing.  I do a thorough clean the first time and I'm guilty of using too much water I think, I'm thinking of not putting so much work in on first cleans because if you do you run the risk of being used for a "one off" if you do too good a job? It may help that by explaining to the customer in writing that patience  is required and to begin with  it may take 2 or 3 cleans to achieve the required results, this encourages loyalty from the customer and limits the possibility of customer coming out and ranting about spots and runs as they are pre-prepared I have such a letter.

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 04:42:04 pm »
Thanks Guys... Yes i do clean the communal windows which i invoice to head office but the actual tenants windows i just do each time and it can depend from clean to clean how many choose to have them done. I only charge £3.50 for there flats byt when your doing 20 odd plus the communal windows it's not a bad days wage.

It's just to let them know as a comment was made from a couple of the old dears that i just went along and sprayed the window and then left Lol..

You are right though(as horrible as it sounds) in time it will be the norm. It's mainly the elderly that i've had a problem with..

The other day i picked up a new bungalow and went along and cleaned them(frames were manky)but i did a great job as i could see the front ones were almost dry by the time i had finished. The previous window cleaner obviously didn't clean the frames.

Anyway after i finished(first clean) she went mental at me saying 'I don't like the way you are cleaning the windows' so i said ''Just let the water dry and i guarantee you will be happy with the results''  she was having none of it and was very rude and just said ''Don't come back again''

So after charging her £12.50 for a detached bungalow and all frames were cleaned(she still paid) off i went looking out the van as i drove away at how good the front windows looked.... CRAZY.. Some people will never accept the wfp methods and it's almost like they really want you to earn your money.. Get up a ladder and hand clean every window..

What can you do? I would never change my methods of cleaning for one customer like that... Funny thing is when i first moved over to wfp i did use to do just a few trad,but not now as a lot more confident and i don't believe you should change your methods... I know the wfp works very well as i rarely get a complaint but you can't please everyone....

What do you guys do when you pick up a new job with an elderly person? Do you inform them your methods of cleaning? Or do you just turn up the first time and clean them without saying anything? As it's getting to the stage with the elderly ones that i feel i need to let them know my methods so i don't get a nasty shock like that lady in that bungalow(i on this occasion didn't notify her to my methods of cleaning)

Can't please everyone!

Nowadays, yes.

11 years ago when we went wfp we had to explain the process each time. We were in the unfortunate position of buying a trad round and converting it to wfp on the first clean. They were mainly domer houses.

We made promises that they didn't have to pay us until they were happy with the results. The trad cleaners only cleaned glass and the frames were disgusting. We scrubbed and rinsed and went onto the next house, did the same, and then went back to the first house to re-clean them. When we finished there wasn't a streak in sight and those windows were sparkling. 

The next day we continued down the road and most of the residents from the previous days clean came out to us to pay us and ask us to continue using this new system, even the old ones. News spread around the estate and we didn't have a problem using wfp from the second day on. We still do the majority of the same customers we started with.

Now my work schedule is full I couldn't be bothered too much if they prefer trad.  I don't offer that service. We used to use ladders, I fell so that option doesn't exist now.

We had one young middle aged couple who approached us to clean their windows. We cleaned them for 4 years and they were always very happy with the results when we collected payment on a Friday evening. One day she happened to be in when we cleaned and wasn't happy we left them wet. Fired for a trad cleaner.

Just move on and don't take it personally.

Trad cleaners in our part of the world are few and far between, so they won't find a good one easily.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 04:52:42 pm »
Every new job I book I visit to give a quotation.  My pitch includes a full description of exactly how the system works and I speak slowly and pause to give them time to understand what I'm telling them.  Even if they've had a WFP cleaner before, I still go through the whole presentation as the previous one may not have been as meticulous as we are.  With that and a written quote there's nothing for them to complain about.  I also mention that the first clean might not be absolutely perfect, and I explain why and assure them that if they're not satisfied we'll come back and do it again.

We very rarely get called back so I reckon it's time well spent.