This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Old folk & plant pots
« on: March 01, 2016, 06:00:36 pm »
What is it with old folk and plant pots as every inch of patio space seems to be taken up with them so you can't darn well move without bumping into one.

Is it just me or do you chaps have the same problem?

Dave Willis

Re: Old folk & plant pots
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:08 pm »
I didn't realise you were that old  ???

I don't have that problem yet, just a bit of incontinence.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 06:14:56 pm »
I didn't realise you were that old  ???

I don't have that problem yet, just a bit of incontinence.

;D

The worst one for me was a patio cleaning job for an old girl that I did a while ago after having to remove 76 plant pots I could finally get to the blooming patio to clean it. Thank god she was going to get someone else to move them back  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:34:34 pm »
Turns up at a house to do a consevatory roof cleaning quote today and thought the old girl is not going to move all those plant pots out of my way now is she. I soon wised up with frail old folk so carry a sack truck in the van for just those kind of jobs which saves puting my back out.

dave f

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 07:01:18 am »
I have a job which is full of rose beds  dose not matter how much I try I always get into a tangel

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:57 am »
Somtimes it's like a blooming obstical course to try and work around all the clutter. Rose bushes & shrubs can be a nightmare too for sure. Branches of trees can be a pain too as I've often get tangled up in them. Be it using a wfp, guttervac or myself trying to access a conservatory roof etc usind a ladder with branches getting in the way. Ponds can also be fun as I've fallen in one or two in my time. Oops!  ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:01 am »
I have this customer who had some really expensive fancy pots in a mini greenhouse bag type frame thing in the way of the alley. 

Pulled hose and the whole lot came down about £30 worth of pots smashed all over the patio. She was well miffed (i would be too)

So i offered her a free clean on the next date which smoothed things over fortunately. Went back there all pots replaced exacly as before exept in an area that is not in the way. Lol

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:26:36 am »
I have this customer who had some really expensive fancy pots in a mini greenhouse bag type frame thing in the way of the alley. 

Pulled hose and the whole lot came down about £30 worth of pots smashed all over the patio. She was well miffed (i would be too)

So i offered her a free clean on the next date which smoothed things over fortunately. Went back there all pots replaced exacly as before exept in an area that is not in the way. Lol

Yep been there done that two...That just goes to show what can happen when you go tugging yer hose.
The best ones are when you go to move something out of the way and it falls apart or you go to stand on something and it gives way and breaks so you end up flat on yer arse ;D

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
I went to quote a job, huge bungalow with pots everywhere. About a minute after I pulled up the husband (old retired guy) decided he wanted to go out in his car so I had to move my van out of his way. No acknowledgment or thank you or smile or anything. She was a miserable old whatnit, very short, sharp and to the point, and the more she led me around this minefield of a bungalow the more I didn't want to do it. She got to her patio doors with a sea of plant pots leading up to them and she said to me 'how are going to clean that lot then' and I just turned and smiled politely and said 'i'm not' and walked off.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »
That's the thing when your work for yourself as you can pick and choose the jobs you take on.

brianbarber

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:31 pm »
There're a b'stard for a potted plant

That is all....

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!