Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Those who use Go Cardless
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:43:58 pm »
I will be starting to use this system soon.

My question is do any of you offer only this as a payment method? To new customers joining I mean. Im considering doing this later in the year
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

supernova77

Re: Those who use Go Cardless
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:46:47 pm »

My question is do any of you offer only this as a payment method? To new customers joining I mean. Im considering doing this later in the year

Yes I started only offering payment by Direct Debit to new customers at the beginning of this year.

All new customers have registered with no problems.

Click on the payments page on my website.

Andy :)

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:49:05 pm »
For us it's an extra method to offer and not a must do. It's run by all new customers as an option and id say around 20% are using it.

I only started using it as I'm lazy in checking Bacs payments and synced with cleanerplanner I no longer have to check for payments.

I now refuse to accept Bacs, if a customer isn't home when we clean it's either GoCardless or cheque in the post.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 08:53:09 pm »

Yes I started only offering payment by Direct Debit to new customers at the beginning of this year.

So they have all gone with it. Do you offer them any other payment methods though?

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:58:04 pm »

So they have all gone with it. Do you offer them any other payment methods though?

Yes they've all gone with it no questions asked... I just state its THE payment method...

Having said that if it was a sticking point with a new customer I would suggest bank transfer as an alternative - but if they ever messed about I would then say Direct Debit or suspended service.

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:03 pm »
I am at the moment sitting at my desk writing a letter to 5 habitual late payers... Asking for them the settle their current outstanding balance by bank transfer...

At the bottom of the letter in a larger font I have put the follwing:

----------
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like us to continue providing a regular window cleaning service please register to pay for future window cleans by direct debit.

Future payments will then be processed automatically by direct debit approximately 5 – 7 days AFTER a window clean.

Your regular window cleaning service is currently suspended pending direct debit registration.

Register online at www.iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk/directdebit
----------

It will be interesting to see if any of the 5 register.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:10:25 pm »
Hi Lee
I now only offer Gocardless or bank transfer for all new customers, however i push Gocardless the most to them. I used a letter at the beginning for current customers which signed a few up (happy to e-mail you a copy) but i find the best way for current customers is to keep pushing it on them (on payment slips or late payment reminders that's how ive started getting more and more customers on to it especially the late payment reminders as i mentioned on the C/P forum).

Paul

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »
I am at the moment sitting at my desk writing a letter to 5 habitual late payers... Asking for them the settle their current outstanding balance by bank transfer...

At the bottom of the letter in a larger font I have put the follwing:

----------
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like us to continue providing a regular window cleaning service please register to pay for future window cleans by direct debit.

Future payments will then be processed automatically by direct debit approximately 5 – 7 days AFTER a window clean.

Your regular window cleaning service is currently suspended pending direct debit registration.

Register online at www.iconicwindowcleaning.co.uk/directdebit
----------

It will be interesting to see if any of the 5 register.

Hi Andy
I have been doing the same thing letter wise for about 6 months and in my experience so far most have then signed up. I have similar on the end of the payment reminder.

We ask now that if you wish us to continue providing you with our window cleaning service that you use the Direct Debit payment option as your method of payment for all future cleans. No further cleaning will take place until we receive confirmation that a Direct Debit has been set up.

To set up a Direct Debit go to www.impactcleaning.net and click on the payments page.
Simply fill out the form on our website (takes less than 2 minutes) and that’s it, all future payments are then collected automatically by Direct Debit.
With the Direct Debit payment system we will only ever collect payment AFTER your windows have been cleaned (Approx. 3-5 days). You can cancel the Direct Debit at any time. This payment scheme is covered by the Direct Debit guarantee.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 09:28:02 pm »
I also push Direct Debit to existing customers using my "Windows Cleaned" slips...

Andy

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »
Thanks

Some good answers there. I think I will only be offering this method to new customers moving forward

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 09:32:23 pm »
Sod offering a discount for signing up Andy
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

supernova77

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »

I think it's good to give them an incentive... It works!

My average customer price in Aworka for regular work is £34.24 - so £5 off of one clean is worth it I think.

Andy

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:31 pm »

My average customer price in Aworka for regular work is £34.24 - so £5 off of one clean is worth it I think.

Andy

Nice average custie price if you can get it.
Impossible here in the midlands lol.

supernova77

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »

Andy

Nice average custie price if you can get it.
Impossible here in the midlands lol.

Most of our work is 8 weekly... I did that from the start on purpose so that I could charge a higher price per clean.

Andy