Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

anderclean

quick question guys
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:30:02 pm »
well 2 in fact

1) leafletters - do you leaflet doors that say "no junk mail etc.." ?

2) door knockers (canvassers) - do you knock doors that say "no cold callers/no salespeople etc.."

thanks...

slap bash

Re: quick question guys
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »
My leaflets are not junk mail and I am friendly so never cold.

anderclean

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »
that's a yes and a yes then
thanks...

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:18:32 pm »
Personnally I dont canvass, my rounds have grown rapidly from word of mouth and recommendations.
In answer to your question,  a slight warning. If the household has notified the public in such a way as u mentioned. Then if they wanted to, they have legal grounds to take action. However, its probably one of those legalities that the police cant be bothered to enforce. At the very worse they dont respond to ur leaflet. So, hay hoe
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:25:03 pm »
well 2 in fact

2) door knockers (canvassers) - do you knock doors that say "no cold callers/no salespeople etc.."

thanks...

1. Yes, except where the sign is handwritten.

2. No (but I rarely canvass).

As a result of answer 1, expect the odd call (three in six years of deliveries).  Apologise abjectly.

Vin

anderclean

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:42 pm »
thanks

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:55 am »
well 2 in fact

thanks...

No and no.

My reasons: Scenario 1. People who post these signs on their door see most, if not all leaflets as junk mail. If you ignore their request to not leave unsolicited literature through their door, you are not respecting them or their wishes. Why not just knock the door instead, and when they answer, tell them that you saw their sign, and are making a personal call to offer your service? They may or may not accept, but you will not antagonize them as you almost certainly would if you had ignored their wishes.

Scenario 2. The converse applies here. Why not just leave the leaflet instead of risking the householder's displeasure, and a possibly unpleasant confrontation? Again you don't know what result it may bring, but then you will have acted according to their wishes, and in both cases, you have made yourself and your service known to them.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 03:16:11 pm »
That Johnny B ... he talk heap big common sense. Me likey.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »
well 2 in fact

thanks...

1. Yes, except where the sign is handwritten.

2. No (but I rarely canvass).

As a result of answer 1, expect the odd call (three in six years of deliveries).  Apologise abjectly.

Vin
I agree with that blimey we agree,years ago I dropped a few and over a couple of years later got a call and couldn't even remember where the house was.

anderclean

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »
thanks