Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

100M Microbore hose and pole hose is now.........
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:37:20 pm »
70M microbore plus 50M reinforced pole hose.

As some will know i have a floor roller system. So the van is locked up and the hose passes through the floor. The only annoying thing i have found is the connections passing through the rollers. Its rare (for me) they pop off but i have had nearly 2 years practice.

So with this new hose hitting the market....

Reinforced Flexible Pole Hose 5mm ID / 9mm OD - What's New - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/reinforced-flexible-pole-hose-5mm-id-9mm-od.html

I decided to try the idea above. I hope it works but i have my doubts. There are pro's and con's for every scenario of hose setup but decided to give this one a go.

robbo333

Re: 100M Microbore hose and pole hose is now.........
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »
I have been running 50m of mininbore, plus 40m of Aquadapter red pole hose for about 5 years now, with very few problems. I recently purchased the same Gardiner reinforced pole hose to try on my Xtreme 25. I've only tried it for a day but I am happy so far. I'll give it about a week and if it's still good then I shall replace the Aquadapter hose with about 40 to 50m of the new Gardiners reinforced hose.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »
Just have to be carful with traffic etc. If I need to cross a road will make sure it's microbore.

Good to hear tho!

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Not strong enough if you want to yank it round corners I reckon.
We look at them, they look through them.

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 07:49:20 pm »
Not strong enough if you want to yank it round corners I reckon.

Never had a problem, with splitting or punctures. Even I'm surprised how good it works. I scrape it round brickwork and everything. Hopefully the Gardiners will be as tough.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 10:57:00 pm »
Keep us posted. Sounds an interesting idea.
It's a game of three halves!

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 03:01:52 pm »
could this stuff be use on the whole reel as reel hose and pole hose as one, im currently using the 8mm gardiner hose with the all season foced inside it and joined together as part of my diy hoseless pole but if i could use this all the way along in 100 mtrs and its lighter to drag about over the 8mm reel hose and easier reeling it in with the powerup reel!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:42 pm »
Don't see why not TBH.

Way too early to make any form of conclusion.

I was on a new build today and I basically parked the van at 10.30am and moved it at 3pm

120Meters today length was pretty dam good TBH.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:29:00 pm »
so you rating it at moment pal, i was looking at my massive 8mm minibore today and thinking how nice it would be dragging hose round thats not much thicker than a pole hose and strong too without the stretchyness of the all season!!

kempy

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 03:41:50 pm »
I need new hose , 6mm is linking too much .

The 8mm illuminous green hose looks and performs I've been told
Streamline / Purefreedom isn't it ?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »
so you rating it at moment pal, i was looking at my massive 8mm minibore today and thinking how nice it would be dragging hose round thats not much thicker than a pole hose and strong too without the stretchyness of the all season!!

The jury is out to make a proper conclusion.

At the moment with my setup so far touch wood its working very very well.

As for dragging on corners etc, i think it would wear quickly. However only guess work.

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »

The jury is out to make a proper conclusion.

At the moment with my setup so far touch wood its working very very well.

As for dragging on corners etc, i think it would wear quickly. However only guess work.

If it lasts as well as the 40m of Aquadapter red pole hose i've been using for the last 5 years then it should be ok.
I shall be ordering some Gardiners pole hose next week and see how it compares.
As I mentioned earlier I'm already using it on my Xtreme 25 and already I like it a lot. It lays flat, has very little 'memory' and seems to behave itself.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 06:04:06 pm »
That's what I can't work out.

It's very cold and it's laying flat. No kinks and I stood on the hose and it stopped the flow.

It's very flexible as well. I think it's very soft hence the wear concern.

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 06:13:00 pm »
That's what I can't work out.

It's very cold and it's laying flat. No kinks and I stood on the hose and it stopped the flow.

It's very flexible as well. I think it's very soft hence the wear concern.

I see what you are saying. It does seem too good to be true and I agree it seems very soft. I may get an off cut of the hose and do a little testing myself to see how strong it is.

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:47 pm »
Is this the same stuff as Lite5 ?
Does it have a criss cross pattern under the yellow coating ?
If so then its not going to take much corner dragging , once it breaks through the yellow it goes to rat poop , well the lite 5 does anyhow , and on the joins it splits like no mans biz after a time .
 Also , if it does have the criss cross bit you will find it holding the grit and pulling it up the inside of the pole , not too much of a problem for clx boys but a bit cringey for slx users .
I could be wrong though , it happens now and then  ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 07:14:32 pm »
Apparently it's the same as Orange Xline hose which last ages ? Only what I heard.

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »
one sec . got some lite5 on backpack as extension .

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »
This is Lite5 , although it has downsides it is good and i will be getting the gardiner version without fail as the all season is fine as long as you are hot or in summer season ! , proper did my head in today (sorry Alex) !!

Rich

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 07:35:37 pm »
It is pole hose though remember.

I personally won't be dragging it round corners.

Today it was so nice not to get connectors snagged. Where I needed to cross roads I laid out microbore.

I think this idea will only work for some mind.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 07:59:20 pm »
Looks similar/same