Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: £250,032
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2016, 12:11:38 pm »
"Anyone doing so from hereon in is on the naughty step.

Thank you.

MOD HAT OFF."

Anyone one heroin should be instantly banned in my opinion.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2016, 10:01:30 pm »
weldone vin

glad your doing so well

onwards and upwards  ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2016, 12:34:36 am »
weldone vin

glad your doing so well

onwards and upwards  ;)

Yeah, I take my hat off to him as well. Just topping quarter of a million in turnover is certainly quite an achievement.

I don't have the brains or ability, or desire, to do that and in some ways, I wish I did.

Having said that I'm quite happy and content being a one man band. My working life is simple, stress free and I earn ok money and for me, that is all I want.

For others, like Vin, they want something more and hats of to them. It's horses for course.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:09 am »
Not sure if I've ever said this but there are times when I turn to the wife and point out that if I were just cleaning windows life would be a doddle.  Days when I just clean, come home and organise tomorrow's work are a delight. 

I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to stick with cleaning as a one-man band.  It's the best job I've ever had.

Vin

yep this is how i operate.good turnover,good profit and very low stress.love it.

having 4 or 5 franchises and the hassle that must go along with it at times to earn roughly the same amount of money i earn now it defo not for me.id rather be out on the tools in the fresh air myself even on a cold day like today! :)
price higher/work harder!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:28 pm »
The interesting thing about this thread is that as has previously been pointed out the harbingers of doom seem to be people who are either 1 man bands or who have at some point in the past tried employing/franchising/renting work out and it hasnt worked for them for 1 reason or another.

No-one who is actually doing ok with employing or franchising are speaking up , why?

Just look at the treatment and attacks that poor old Vin has had in the past 14 pages.

Well this is to all u doubters and shoot em down merchants, I am somebody who employs and franchises out and guess what?

ITS OK!!!!

yes it has its little hiccups here and there but i am running the business as well as i can for the most part from where u need to be to run your business properly, behind a desk (that is when i am not knocking on doors/telecanvassing/checking on new starters and cleaning windows when short staffed)

I dont have a house in Spain or go on more than 1 foreign holiday a year but i earn a comfortable living, it works for me and it will continue to ....... sorry to disappoint the doubters but work hard and be open minded and you too could change the way you work and your business will be stronger and u too will have a rewarding working  experience and an asset and an income stream for your senior years!!  ;D

Lee Pryor

« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »
The interesting thing about this thread is that as has previously been pointed out the harbingers of doom seem to be people who are either 1 man bands or who have at some point in the past tried employing/franchising/renting work out and it hasnt worked for them for 1 reason or another.

No-one who is actually doing ok with employing or franchising are speaking up , why?

Just look at the treatment and attacks that poor old Vin has had in the past 14 pages.

Well this is to all u doubters and shoot em down merchants, I am somebody who employs and franchises out and guess what?

ITS OK!!!!

yes it has its little hiccups here and there but i am running the business as well as i can for the most part from where u need to be to run your business properly, behind a desk (that is when i am not knocking on doors/telecanvassing/checking on new starters and cleaning windows when short staffed)

I dont have a house in Spain or go on more than 1 foreign holiday a year but i earn a comfortable living, it works for me and it will continue to ....... sorry to disappoint the doubters but work hard and be open minded and you too could change the way you work and your business will be stronger and u too will have a rewarding working  experience and an asset and an income stream for your senior years!!  ;D

Damn right!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

NWH

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2016, 07:33:55 pm »
Anyone got anything also to say other than this idea is wonderful and well done or are we still living in la la land thinking the world is full of mugs than wont rip the arse out it when your backs turned,I can think of quiet a few instances when windys have been ripped off when they work side by side with em as I've said before this is becoming nothing more than a blowing smoke up people's bums thread now. If no one is prepared to say how this is all achieved what's the point in it anymore,I've got my card ready to pay 1500 notes for the privilege lol.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2016, 08:00:51 pm »
Anyone got anything also to say other than this idea is wonderful and well done or are we still living in la la land thinking the world is full of mugs than wont rip the arse out it when your backs turned,I can think of quiet a few instances when windys have been ripped off when they work side by side with em as I've said before this is becoming nothing more than a blowing smoke up people's bums thread now. If no one is prepared to say how this is all achieved what's the point in it anymore,I've got my card ready to pay 1500 notes for the privilege lol.
i bet your a joy to work for  ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2016, 09:01:32 pm »
God it's like watching loose women lol

DaveG

« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2016, 09:40:05 pm »
Rogue Trader and Lee Pryor,  do you realise this thread was dropping nicely down the page until you 2 chirped in... now you've rattled his cage and it will stay up for another couple of days. . ;D

Ps I do realise I'm chirping in myself  ;)
You can't polish a turd

Lee Pryor

« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »
Rogue Trader and Lee Pryor,  do you realise this thread was dropping nicely down the page until you 2 chirped in... now you've rattled his cage and it will stay up for another couple of days. . ;D

bump  :'(

« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2016, 11:46:58 pm »
i bet your a joy to work for  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You forgot to say "lol".

Walter Mitty

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2016, 02:25:57 am »
I don't begrudge anyone expanding so long as it doesn't affect another's business.
Unfortunately, it appears that mine is about to be affected.
Not happy.
Maybe I'll try to find a tap, ditch the unit, and go resin only.
I really feel like I've had enough and it's affecting my sleep.

DaveG

« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2016, 06:43:05 am »

bump  :'(

;D
You can't polish a turd

Smudger

« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:57 am »

ITS OK!!!!

Damn right!

👍

Bumpy bumpy!!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AuRavelling79

« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2016, 07:13:08 am »
I don't begrudge anyone expanding so long as it doesn't affect another's business.
Not happy.

Chin up "Walter Mitty" - what's the concern mate?
It's a game of three halves!

sunshine windows

« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2016, 07:32:10 am »
Most interesting read on here for ages.

Bumpety bump!  :D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »
Not happy.

Are vins franchises effecting your business?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »
Not happy.

I am extreamly dissapointed by this Paul.

So lets clear it all up shal we.

This is aimed at me. Paul and I both use the same yard, I have my office there, vans, static sytem ect. Paul has a room with his static system. Due to my expansion plans this year, the landlord of the yard (NOT ME) has asked Paul to move his stuff to another room, all of 25 feet away! The new room is going to be fitted out by the landlord (at his own expense) to meet the requirements of a static system, insulated, water supply, drain ect and is actually in a better position within the yard for parking.

So all were talking about about here Paul is you moving your things 25 feet thats all. So you feel the need to pop at me on here over that!!!!!!! For god sake man pull yourself together and grow up. Feel like you have had enough? Effecting your sleep? What a load of rubbish and if that is true then you must have some real issues.

May I remind you that it was me that introduced you to the yard in the first place or have you forgotten that?

Hell I even told the landlord that I didnt think you even needed to move!

So there we have it everyone, lost sleep and stress all down to moving a tiny room 25 feet to a better room!

Rich Wilts

« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »
I'm surprised you two can look each other in the eye.

Why don't you go to relate? You big woofters.