Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Micky Barber

Re: £250,032
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2016, 11:57:32 am »
Well done vin that's awesome 👍

This is exactly the type of response he's after ;)

He's like that desperate FB "friend" we all have, you know the one who likes to hear the sound of their own voice too much.
;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2016, 02:37:18 pm »
https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07223195/PERFECT-WINDOW-CLEANING-LIMITED/financial-accounts

Surely you should be VAT registered! Company house says your total NET for 2015 was 485k unless thats not your company.

ChumBucket

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2016, 03:09:22 pm »
https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07223195/PERFECT-WINDOW-CLEANING-LIMITED/financial-accounts

Surely you should be VAT registered! Company house says your total NET for 2015 was 485k unless thats not your company.

That's pounds Mick, not Thousands.  ;D He's 15k in debt! ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2016, 04:05:36 pm »
According to that my net worth is £2.5k... My poor wife she would never had married me if she knew the truth!  ;D

NWH

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2016, 04:06:48 pm »
How can you say your turning over 250,000 and not be VAT registered then,he's supposed to own the business what happens if someone starts stealing work like I said in a previous thread or not paying rent for the round,if he takes them to court is he not doing it on the basis that it's his business or work. Like I've said until these sort of scenarios are happening it seems easy wait till you need to take them to court because they refuse  to pay the rent and the customers are on there side when you say you want the work back,in a fantasy where all people are genuine and are willing to go along with your plans it's happy days but all I can see long term with this situation is problem after problem,employing different story your actually there running it and keeping an eye on things this business is unique.

Tom-01

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »
How can you say your turning over 250,000 and not be VAT registered then,he's supposed to own the business what happens if someone starts stealing work like I said in a previous thread or not paying rent for the round,if he takes them to court is he not doing it on the basis that it's his business or work. Like I've said until these sort of scenarios are happening it seems easy wait till you need to take them to court because they refuse  to pay the rent and the customers are on there side when you say you want the work back,in a fantasy where all people are genuine and are willing to go along with your plans it's happy days but all I can see long term with this situation is problem after problem,employing different story your actually there running it and keeping an eye on things this business is unique.

That's a good point NWH - Are there any franchise owners on here who has actually had a franchisee take your work? If so did you successfully fight them in court?

NWH

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2016, 04:10:56 pm »
I'm thinking of renting my round out and retiring,Ive just had enquiry from the cast of Charlie and the chocolate factory they were singing that song myyyyyyyy immaaaaagggginaaaaation lol.

NWH

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »
How could you fight them in court you are legally saying it's not your business they just pay you on paper for the hell of it really like they are doing you a favour lol,why are they paying you they are paying you because like you say you own the work it's yours.Ok so you tell the inland revenue it's not yours but you tell the judge it is,come on lads this gets better this franchise poop everytime we discuss it,it sounds to me like all these people buying into it haven't got any clue what they are doing. Ok they might earn good money and you might but TBH it doesn't look legal to me and I think I would be proved right if you tried taking someone renting a round off you to court.

NWH

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »
Also and above board franchises will have identical uniform and sinage on vehicles,eisman foods dent magician the list goes on they all look the same out and about on the road do yours or are they all just self employed window cleaners paying you a fee for you canvassing the work,are you a glorified canvasser that doesn't take one payment you keep taking it month after month.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »
Have you been on the sauce again?

Tom-01

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »
The franchise system works mate and it's all totally legal. There's loads of domestic cleaning franchises out there and oven cleaners. Window cleaning franchises are no different.

I'm just wondering if any on here have had any franchisees take the work as their own and refuse to pay royalties and if so how did they combat it?

8weekly

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »
.  Thats pretty impressive in just over 5 years. How do you get most of your customers? flyers, canvasing? 

Don't you know, leaflets don't work!  ;D

Couldn't resist  :D

Hi Lance, speaking of enquiries did you get a call from an estates manager this morning for a large country house?
Wasn't Lamborne way was it?

8weekly

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »
He never said HE was turning over £250k. You need to pay attention. The franchisees and him combined are turning over that. Therefore he doesn't need to register. I agree it's a slight avoidance but if that's the rules, that's the rules.

8weekly

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2016, 04:45:35 pm »
Does he ever post anything where you don't have to roll your eyes?  ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2016, 04:45:54 pm »
This business is unique and you would be more likely to get ripped off than you would be with the oven business or similar,window cleaning is far more open for you to be able to rip people off you are so reliant on trust ok you'll get 8 weekly come on here in a bit and say they he finds his staff with a cross branded on there forehead but in reality you are open to being fleeced even by people you would never expect, it happens every day of the week not matter what you pay or do for them.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2016, 04:47:53 pm »
Does he ever post anything where you don't have to roll your eyes?  ::)roll

::)roll  ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »
This business is unique and you would be more likely to get ripped off than you would be with the oven business or similar,window cleaning is far more open for you to be able to rip people off you are so reliant on trust ok you'll get 8 weekly come on here in a bit and say they he finds his staff with a cross branded on there forehead but in reality you are open to being fleeced even by people you would never expect, it happens every day of the week not matter what you pay or do for them.

Aggreed.

What if a franchisee that has been cleaning them for 5 years tells all customers he will drop there price 10 percent and do them direct..all the customers will go with it and simply leave the franchise as saving 10 percent and get to keep there friendly window cleaner who has been serving them for 5 years previous.
Not that this example will happen to Vinny, just a what if.
Surely if went to court the judge will say its upto the homeowner who comes and goes from there property or who they pay there money too???

8weekly

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2016, 04:54:01 pm »

Aggreed.

What if a franchisee that has been cleaning them for 5 years tells all customers he will drop there price 10 percent and do them direct..all the customers will go with it and simply leave the franchise as saving 10 percent and get to keep there friendly window cleaner who has been serving them for 5 years previous.
Not that this example will happen to Vinny, just a what if.
Surely if went to court the judge will say its upto the homeowner who comes and goes from there property or who they pay there money too???

They have a legally binding contract.  ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2016, 04:54:11 pm »
He never said HE was turning over £250k. You need to pay attention. The franchisees and him combined are turning over that. Therefore he doesn't need to register. I agree it's a slight avoidance but if that's the rules, that's the rules.
No you need to pay attention also what is going to happen when he wants to take one of them to court for non payment tell me what does he do please,what does he say to be judge he has not been paying me the rent for MY WORK. Off the record he isn't  avoiding TAX and VAT because in his mind he owns 250.000 worth of work on paper he is just declaring the income he gets which I suspect he is just putting down as money earnt from cleaning windows. He is sub contracting out 250000 worth of work which he owns he must do he's getting paid for renting it out,why would people pay him month after month if they owned it.

Mick Kent

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2016, 04:58:14 pm »
Yes i know that its a contract!!....if the customer knew that a court hearing was taking place over who cleans there windows teh they simply will cancel anyway so who wins then??? Ill tell you who another window cleaner.