This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: £250,032
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2016, 12:34:57 am »
No need to wonder guys, It's "The Vin Show" what other purpose can there possibly be to title the thread in that way?
 Attention seeker? Narcissist? MODDED

Insults are just simply another form of attention seeking and also narcissism.

Why do that? It leads no where.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2016, 05:39:26 am »
Why make this thread anyway, why would you want the world to know what you turnover?.
Noone else makes an ooo i earn this much thread!
The fact that by searching your company on company house comes up with figures so far out from what you state tells a story that you are  an attention seeker. Why post about yourself so much if its working so great for you
A clever person would keep it to himself and let others wonder how much or how long.....

I've been wondering that.

It's like when someone new comes on to the forum and asks what they need to do to start a window cleaning business and members tell them how to start from scratch and where to buy everything, etc.

Someone down the pub before Christmas asked me about starting up his own window cleaning business and was very miffed when I asked him how much he was prepared to pay for that knowledge.

As a rule, most successful business's want to keep how they do it a secret as far as they can.

No need to wonder guys, It's "The Vin Show" what other purpose can there possibly be to title the thread in that way?
You do have a habit of being unpleasant whenever anybody that seems to be genuinely doing well cares to share their experience. One might reasonably suppose that the problem is within you.

« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2016, 07:09:38 am »
What a lot of bickering :o
There are a lot of statements being made based on opinion, conjecture and sometimes sheer guesswork.  Someone should spend two or three years researching everything, making sure all the questions are looked into and answered and then write it all up……
…..oh! hang on, someone's already done that.

NWH
Hi John,I agree but this industry is unique with cash changing hands etc on a daily basis

Surely not unique?  The business involves visiting customers on a regular basis and taking payment for services provided.  Exactly like wheely bin cleaning, grass cutting, oven cleaning, domestic cleaning, dog walking, car valeting, etc etc.

All the above work on the same principle as window cleaning and all have been successfully franchised.

Rogue Trader

No-one who is actually doing ok with employing or franchising are speaking up , why?

In my case because I don’t need to I’ve had my say in previous threads– I have no axe to grind, my business works regardless of everyone who tries so hard to prove it can’t.

u too will have a rewarding working  experience and an asset and an income stream for your senior years!!

Which is why I put so much time and thought into Franchising before I took the plunge in 2006. 

I came ‘off the tools’ in 2009 and retired on a modest income that was at least as much as I had previously earned working on my own.  I won’t pretend it has all been a bed of roses – far from it. 

NWH is correct saying that a business relies on the honesty and integrity of its members, whether employees or franchisees and no- one is immune from the ‘bad apples’, but I’m still here 10 years on, still earning my comfortable living with minimum input to the business.  Of course, I could have been earning a vast amount more with 10 vans on the road being operated by employees but I traded the intensive ‘hands on’ of employing for the smaller income and far more relaxed life of a Franchisor. 

NWH
If no one is prepared to say how this is all achieved what's the point in it anymore,I've got my card ready to pay 1500 notes for the privilege lol.

Exactly NWH.  The point is that if a complete ‘How to Franchise Your Window Cleaning Business’ were posted here for free then everyone could benefit from someone else’s hard work for nothing and no one would need to part with their 1500 notes.
At last, a man who speaks sense. You speak sense because you have been there and done it, instead of talking out of your hat like people who have not done it.

I think you, I, Lee Pryor, Vin and a few others on here sing from the same sheet. We research and our research leads us to a different conclusion than those who spout and deliberately wind others up like some on here.

Many of the things you said above apply to my solar panel cleaning business too.

« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2016, 07:14:48 am »
it's a bit like if somethings good tell people if somethings excellent keep it to yourself,but you already know that don't you like Ian.

Could you just clarify that for me?  I have a package that is the result of more than two years thinking, revising and refining and three years subsequent experience to eliminate mistakes I hadn't thought of beforehand, together with a regularly updated Franchise Agreement that initially cost me in excess of £9,000, all documented in a simple straightforward way that anyone could use to create a business just like mine and you want me to give it to you for free???!!
Yes Ian. The same as they want to know information I have learned about solar panel cleaning you see. It saves them time, efforts and money. I mean, who wants to invest time effort and money in their business when mugs give away information on Internet forums for free?

« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2016, 07:19:56 am »
Mods

Don't you think it's time this thread is locked?

Its turned so negative and doesn't serve any purpose at all apart from probably turning people away from the forum!

Andy

I understand that point of view Andy but the flip side is that it has generated over 3200 views (even more than the  "post your pic and win a pole" thread)  and other posters have called it the best thread they can remember on CIU.

I think there is enough interesting, relevant and useful stuff to let it run it's course. There are  perhaps one or two posters that seem to just want to be argumentative or post off topic stuff and I for one will keep a watchful eye.

Hi Granville.

I agree with what you say, but using page views as part of your argument doesn't stack up. My solar threads are some of the most popular ever on CIU, but they have still been blocked. No major beef, just saying...

Perfect Windows

« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2016, 07:22:58 am »

It's like when someone new comes on to the forum and asks what they need to do to start a window cleaning business and members tell them how to start from scratch and where to buy everything, etc.

Someone down the pub before Christmas asked me about starting up his own window cleaning business and was very miffed when I asked him how much he was prepared to pay for that knowledge.

As a rule, most successful business's want to keep how they do it a secret as far as they can.

My advice to new starters has always been the same - look through twenty pages of posts and see whose posts make sense (might add, are well written and calm).  Then use the search facility to find all their posts and read them all.  It's what I did six years ago; weeks with a notebook (literally weeks and I still have the notebook) taking the best ideas from everyone on here.  It's all already out there for anyone who wants it.  This site contains a perfect guide whether it's how to start, run well day-to-day, work as a one-man-band, expand, employ or franchise.  As ever though, it takes work.  So it's much easier to ask the question, get the opinion of the person who shouts the loudest and head off without planning.

I want professional, capable competition.  Sounds odd but I don't want customers to think that window cleaners are out to earn enough money to get to the pub at lunchtime.  The more professional we all are, the better.  The fewer people there are turning up in tracky bottoms and a dirty vest and charging £3.50 for a house the better it is for everyone doing a decent job.

Plus, as I've mentioned above, there is so much business out there that the difficulty isn't competition, it's being set up to be able to cover the work available.

Vin

« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2016, 07:57:57 am »
@Ross

I suppose the man down the pub is directly in your sphere of work and may be perceived as competition. On here it is unlikely that those we assist and are assisted by will be affected by the helpful advice given.
Not strictly true. Vin's franchises are affecting some window cleaners out there, the same as the window cleaners who may price against my solar panel cleaning jobs. The difference with the  man down the road is that you can put a face to his name. I know for instance that I have directly quoted against Quarterlight and Purple Rhino on jobs. All of the above is perfectly OK as it is an open market and competition is healthy. But just because we cannot see our competition, does not mean they are not there. Knowing I have already quoted against people on the forum is the exact reason I will not disclose my business details on here.

« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2016, 08:00:12 am »

My advice to new starters has always been the same - look through twenty pages of posts and see whose posts make sense (might add, are well written and calm).  Then use the search facility to find all their posts and read them all.  It's what I did six years ago; weeks with a notebook (literally weeks and I still have the notebook) taking the best ideas from everyone on here.  It's all already out there for anyone who wants it.  This site contains a perfect guide whether it's how to start, run well day-to-day, work as a one-man-band, expand, employ or franchise.  As ever though, it takes work.  So it's much easier to ask the question, get the opinion of the person who shouts the loudest and head off without planning.

I want professional, capable competition.  Sounds odd but I don't want customers to think that window cleaners are out to earn enough money to get to the pub at lunchtime.  The more professional we all are, the better.  The fewer people there are turning up in tracky bottoms and a dirty vest and charging £3.50 for a house the better it is for everyone doing a decent job.

Plus, as I've mentioned above, there is so much business out there that the difficulty isn't competition, it's being set up to be able to cover the work available.

Vin
The 'Search' facility is probably the most underused part of the forum in my opinion. It amazes me how often the same subjects come up. If people used the search, they would get their answers quicker.

« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2016, 08:27:33 am »
Why make this thread anyway, why would you want the world to know what you turnover?.
The fact that by searching your company on company house comes up with figures so far out from what you state tells a story that you are  an attention seeker. Why post about yourself so much if its working so great for you
A clever person would keep it to himself and let others wonder how much or how long.....

Attention seeker? Narcissist? or just plain K N O B? ;D
You do have a habit of being unpleasant whenever anybody that seems to be genuinely doing well cares to share their experience. One might reasonably suppose that the problem is within you.

Jealousy. That's the problem with some of these more vitriolic characters.

« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2016, 08:44:01 am »

Vin
The 'Search' facility is probably the most underused part of the forum in my opinion. It amazes me how often the same subjects come up. If people used the search, they would get their answers quicker.

I think the same subjects come up as times change...if I searched which is the best brush, I might get 'vikan all day long' which would've been the case a long time ago until Alex brought out his collection . In a month or so when the ultimate comes out, that might be better then what was best 6 months ago . The goes for everything not just brushes

ChumBucket

« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2016, 08:49:31 am »

Wow, I never thought of that 8 Weekly, you should try Psychotherapy mate, maybe in a few years you'll be able to start a thread on a shrink forum telling them how much your client list is worth! ;D

5 day BAN

AuRavelling79

« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2016, 10:33:26 am »
@Solar Steve

As you know your restrictions were nothing to do with popularity of threads but due to complaints about "sailing close to the wind" on breaking advertising rules.
It's a game of three halves!

8weekly

« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:27 am »

Wow, I never thought of that 8 Weekly, you should try Psychotherapy mate, maybe in a few years you'll be able to start a thread on a shrink forum telling them how much your client list is worth! ;D

5 day BAN
;D

« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:11 pm »
@Solar Steve

As you know your restrictions were nothing to do with popularity of threads but due to complaints about "sailing close to the wind" on breaking advertising rules.
"Sailing close to the wind" is not breaking the rules.  Doing 30 mph in a 30 mph limit is sailing close to the wind, but it is not breaking the law. 

Look back through recent threads and you will see I did not bring up the offending subject, others did.  That is not advertising, that's being advertised.  It's actually a more effective advert, so I thank those people.   :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

My advice to new starters has always been the same - look through twenty pages of posts and see whose posts make sense (might add, are well written and calm). Then use the search facility to find all their posts and read them all.  It's what I did six years ago; weeks with a notebook (literally weeks and I still have the notebook) taking the best ideas from everyone on here.  It's all already out there for anyone who wants it. This site contains a perfect guide whether it's how to start, run well day-to-day, work as a one-man-band, expand, employ or franchise.  As ever though, it takes work.  So it's much easier to ask the question, get the opinion of the person who shouts the loudest and head off without planning.

Vin

When i came back to window cleaning this is what i did. I found a couple of gems on here and just one bit of advice/marketing tip resulted in fantastic results on new builds. 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:53 pm »
@Solar Steve

"Sailing close to the wind" is not breaking the rules.  Doing 30 mph in a 30 mph limit is sailing close to the wind, but it is not breaking the law. 

Look back through recent threads and you will see I did not bring up the offending subject, others did.  That is not advertising, that's being advertised.  It's actually a more effective advert, so I thank those people.   :)

Well, Steve like some on here don't like some of your posts, some on here don't like moderators' decisions - but as you illustrate -sometimes via happy serendipity we get what we want without testing  the boundaries.
It's a game of three halves!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »
So can I just clarify Vin? franchising a window cleaning business does work, and, it can be built up mainly using leaflets?
Sorry but that's just impossible!
 :)

rosskesava

« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2016, 01:22:57 am »
So can I just clarify Vin? franchising a window cleaning business does work, and, it can be built up mainly using leaflets?

Leaflets work but only if your one of the top 10% of window cleaners.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Smudger

« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2016, 06:09:40 am »
😂😂
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Perfect Windows

« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2016, 07:07:03 am »

I know, what was I thinking?

Vin