This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Lancaster

Re: £250,032
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »
What a lot of bickering :o
There are a lot of statements being made based on opinion, conjecture and sometimes sheer guesswork.  Someone should spend two or three years researching everything, making sure all the questions are looked into and answered and then write it all up……
…..oh! hang on, someone's already done that.

NWH
Hi John,I agree but this industry is unique with cash changing hands etc on a daily basis

Surely not unique?  The business involves visiting customers on a regular basis and taking payment for services provided.  Exactly like wheely bin cleaning, grass cutting, oven cleaning, domestic cleaning, dog walking, car valeting, etc etc.

All the above work on the same principle as window cleaning and all have been successfully franchised.

Rogue Trader

No-one who is actually doing ok with employing or franchising are speaking up , why?

In my case because I don’t need to I’ve had my say in previous threads– I have no axe to grind, my business works regardless of everyone who tries so hard to prove it can’t.

u too will have a rewarding working  experience and an asset and an income stream for your senior years!!

Which is why I put so much time and thought into Franchising before I took the plunge in 2006. 

I came ‘off the tools’ in 2009 and retired on a modest income that was at least as much as I had previously earned working on my own.  I won’t pretend it has all been a bed of roses – far from it. 

NWH is correct saying that a business relies on the honesty and integrity of its members, whether employees or franchisees and no- one is immune from the ‘bad apples’, but I’m still here 10 years on, still earning my comfortable living with minimum input to the business.  Of course, I could have been earning a vast amount more with 10 vans on the road being operated by employees but I traded the intensive ‘hands on’ of employing for the smaller income and far more relaxed life of a Franchisor. 

NWH
If no one is prepared to say how this is all achieved what's the point in it anymore,I've got my card ready to pay 1500 notes for the privilege lol.

Exactly NWH.  The point is that if a complete ‘How to Franchise Your Window Cleaning Business’ were posted here for free then everyone could benefit from someone else’s hard work for nothing and no one would need to part with their 1500 notes.

ChumBucket

« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2016, 04:38:22 pm »
I'm surprised you two can look each other in the eye.

Why don't you go to relate? You big woofters.

;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2016, 04:50:02 pm »
If no one is going to HELP others we can all just keep blowing smoke up arses then I'll go first,well done to everyone who franchises out there business 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Dave Willis

« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »
How old are you NWH?

NWH

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2016, 05:18:33 pm »
IMO it's a gamble to who you get on board with you I reckon some that have done it successfully know or have known the people that have got involved in the business with them. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it doesn't work but employing would work better IMO and you could still be in the background you wouldn't need to be working everyday.

NWH

« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:43 pm »
I don't know why I'm bothering replying anymore I'm ped bored with this thread no ones telling people how it's done anyway.

deeege

« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2016, 05:24:19 pm »
I don't know why I'm bothering replying anymore I'm ped bored with this thread no ones telling people how it's done anyway.

Do us all a favour and don't then.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »
How old are you NWH?

My guess .... 17-19

Mick Kent

« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2016, 05:52:13 pm »

« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2016, 05:56:08 pm »

8weekly

« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2016, 06:01:08 pm »

Perfect Windows

« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2016, 06:05:34 pm »

As far as I can see you haven't asked a single simple question about how it's done.  Instead you've ranted and raved about how it can't possibly work and thrown in a question as part of that rant.  That's all well and good and is your right but if you don't ask reasonable questions without an agenda, why do you think anyone's just going to write a "how to" guide for you?  The one question you kept asking was "why won't anyone talk about when it doesn't work out" (agenda again) when there were already posts in the thread about that very subject.

You might have noticed that plenty of other people on this thread have asked questions and had them answered.  Two things: One they asked a question and Two, they didn't repetitively tell everyone why it couldn't work.  And they got what they were looking for.

Vin

Dave Willis

« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »
Yeahbut nobut it's poop lol smokeupyerbum lol nobut yeahbut don't work does it can't possibly work 'cos nobody tells me how to do it lol yeahbut nobut upyerbum so there tossers. lol

« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »
Can't be bothered to read 15 pages, but well done I guess.
Not sure to the point of the thread and why people ever have to announce how well they are doing to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum though  ???

p1w1

« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2016, 06:26:23 pm »
How old are you NWH?

My guess .... 17-19
IQ?
Think your over estimating there with the iq it can't be that high judging by his posts  ;D

NWH

« Reply #295 on: February 16, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »
Yeahbut nobut it's poop lol smokeupyerbum lol nobut yeahbut don't work does it can't possibly work 'cos nobody tells me how to do it lol yeahbut nobut upyerbum so there tossers. lol
How old are you Dave 😂 Yep another post by someone franchising not saying how he's done it just ho much he's earning again,I tell you what I'll answer any question you want as long as it won't advance you any further than me eh. 14 odd pages of  blowing smoke up a couple of people's arses,the title should have been I'm now earning 55-60 thousand pounds not 250 thousand LOL.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #296 on: February 16, 2016, 06:54:52 pm »
I don't begrudge anyone expanding so long as it doesn't affect another's business.
Unfortunately, it appears that mine is about to be affected.
Not happy.
Maybe I'll try to find a tap, ditch the unit, and go resin only.
I really feel like I've had enough and it's affecting my sleep.

I am extreamly dissapointed by this Paul.

So lets clear it all up shal we.

This is aimed at me. Paul and I both use the same yard, I have my office there, vans, static sytem ect. Paul has a room with his static system. Due to my expansion plans this year, the landlord of the yard (NOT ME) has asked Paul to move his stuff to another room, all of 25 feet away! The new room is going to be fitted out by the landlord (at his own expense) to meet the requirements of a static system, insulated, water supply, drain ect and is actually in a better position within the yard for parking.

So all were talking about about here Paul is you moving your things 25 feet thats all. So you feel the need to pop at me on here over that!!!!!!! For god sake man pull yourself together and grow up. Feel like you have had enough? Effecting your sleep? What a load of rubbish and if that is true then you must have some real issues.

May I remind you that it was me that introduced you to the yard in the first place or have you forgotten that?

Hell I even told the landlord that I didnt think you even needed to move!

So there we have it everyone, lost sleep and stress all down to moving a tiny room 25 feet to a better room!

First of all, it wasn't a "pop".  I was merely stating how I felt and how something affected me.

Yes, I'm pretty disappointed too.  I don't want to mess about moving my stuff.  It'll cost me work time as well because the tank will have to run down to empty to be moved.  I have reservations about whether the new unit will be better - I feel it may be more susceptible to freezing, a big expense if a 40" RO and housing go up the swanee.
It's clear that your intended expansion has triggered this and it's clear that I'm in the way.
It's very wrong to make assumptions about how I should or shouldn't be feeling.  Just because you might not be affected a certain way by something, it doesn't mean that others should feel the same way.  Not all of us have the good fortune to come from psychologically healthy backgrounds so yes, I do have issues around stuff like excessive stress and used to have issues around depression if I go back 30 years.  Please don't use my "issues" in a derogatory manner - I didn't plan for life to be like that and have made a fairly OK job of a rotten hand.

You say "May I remind you that it was me that introduced you to the yard in the first place or have you forgotten that?"
I don't actually see the relevance of that bit.  I bought a few tanks of water from you while I was looking to sort out arrangements somewhere.
I really don't know why you choose to mock me and to minimise my stress and erratic sleep pattern.  People are affected the way they are affected - nothing right or wrong about it.  It's nothing to do with being "grown up" or otherwise.
I note that the only "popping" seems to be in one direction, and it isn't from me.
Anyone who has ever suffered from depression wil tell you that two of the classsic symptoms are erratic sleep and even relatively smallish things (to most people) being blown up within the mind.  Last night, I really feared that I was headfing in a direction that I haven't felt for decades.  It's difficult to explain to someone who hasn't been there, but it's certainly not anything I should be mocked over.  Indeed, I'm quite proud that I managed to call on my past experiences to overcome it.
I'm actually a little puzzled why you felt the need to jump in in such a manner.  You appeared to be making a few assumptions.
Not to worry.  Life goes on.

8weekly

« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2016, 06:55:02 pm »
How old are you NWH?

My guess .... 17-19
IQ?
Think your over estimating there with the iq it can't be that high judging by his posts  ;D
The amount he charges for a conservatory if he doesn't like you.   ;D

NWH

« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2016, 07:01:27 pm »
8 weekly I reckon you was a bit of bully a school wasn't you or were you the fat kid,I noticed you piped earlier on the brush thread just to say don't forget meeeeeee I'm testing brushes as well you know. I reckon you've got a very good chance in getting a part in the next Haribo advert pal 🔙🔜

chris turner

« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2016, 07:07:36 pm »
I don't begrudge anyone expanding so long as it doesn't affect another's business.
Unfortunately, it appears that mine is about to be affected.
Not happy.
Maybe I'll try to find a tap, ditch the unit, and go resin only.
I really feel like I've had enough and it's affecting my sleep.

I am extreamly dissapointed by this Paul.

So lets clear it all up shal we.

This is aimed at me. Paul and I both use the same yard, I have my office there, vans, static sytem ect. Paul has a room with his static system. Due to my expansion plans this year, the landlord of the yard (NOT ME) has asked Paul to move his stuff to another room, all of 25 feet away! The new room is going to be fitted out by the landlord (at his own expense) to meet the requirements of a static system, insulated, water supply, drain ect and is actually in a better position within the yard for parking.

So all were talking about about here Paul is you moving your things 25 feet thats all. So you feel the need to pop at me on here over that!!!!!!! For god sake man pull yourself together and grow up. Feel like you have had enough? Effecting your sleep? What a load of rubbish and if that is true then you must have some real issues.

May I remind you that it was me that introduced you to the yard in the first place or have you forgotten that?

Hell I even told the landlord that I didnt think you even needed to move!

So there we have it everyone, lost sleep and stress all down to moving a tiny room 25 feet to a better room!

First of all, it wasn't a "pop".  I was merely stating how I felt and how something affected me.

Yes, I'm pretty disappointed too.  I don't want to mess about moving my stuff.  It'll cost me work time as well because the tank will have to run down to empty to be moved.  I have reservations about whether the new unit will be better - I feel it may be more susceptible to freezing, a big expense if a 40" RO and housing go up the swanee.
It's clear that your intended expansion has triggered this and it's clear that I'm in the way.
It's very wrong to make assumptions about how I should or shouldn't be feeling.  Just because you might not be affected a certain way by something, it doesn't mean that others should feel the same way.  Not all of us have the good fortune to come from psychologically healthy backgrounds so yes, I do have issues around stuff like excessive stress and used to have issues around depression if I go back 30 years.  Please don't use my "issues" in a derogatory manner - I didn't plan for life to be like that and have made a fairly OK job of a rotten hand.

You say "May I remind you that it was me that introduced you to the yard in the first place or have you forgotten that?"
I don't actually see the relevance of that bit.  I bought a few tanks of water from you while I was looking to sort out arrangements somewhere.
I really don't know why you choose to mock me and to minimise my stress and erratic sleep pattern.  People are affected the way they are affected - nothing right or wrong about it.  It's nothing to do with being "grown up" or otherwise.
I note that the only "popping" seems to be in one direction, and it isn't from me.
Anyone who has ever suffered from depression wil tell you that two of the classsic symptoms are erratic sleep and even relatively smallish things (to most people) being blown up within the mind.  Last night, I really feared that I was headfing in a direction that I haven't felt for decades.  It's difficult to explain to someone who hasn't been there, but it's certainly not anything I should be mocked over.  Indeed, I'm quite proud that I managed to call on my past experiences to overcome it.
I'm actually a little puzzled why you felt the need to jump in in such a manner.  You appeared to be making a few assumptions.
Not to worry.  Life goes on.

Where are you and Lee Pryor based?
I really want to be a fly on the wall when you guys bump into each other at the yard!
Awwwwkward