This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rich Wilts

Re: £250,032
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »
What's to stop anyone you employ doing that?

NWH

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »
Legally binding is it I want one of you to tell me what your going to do when one of them stops paying you each month and steals the customers,if the customers choose to go with him you have absolutely nothing you can do if he briefs them prior to not paying you,honestly do you know how much hassle you would have trying to sort hat lot out. Let's not forget after a year or so they won't have a clue who you are if you knock at the customers door and say I'm cleaning your Windows from now on I own the work,if someone did that to me and I liked the other bloke I'd tell you to jog on mate I'll have who I want clean my Windows.

Dave Willis

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »
The franchisee would sign a binding contract - be no point going to court  ::)roll

Mick Kent

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »

Thats what im saying.. Anyone can do it.
And people do, i have had it happen to me a few times.

NWH

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2016, 05:09:30 pm »
Nail hit well and truly on the head it's a bullseye,absolutely nothing whatsoever so what do you think 2 blokes out on there own grafting and after a year or so say I ain't paying him anymore I've had enough giving him so much a month I've changed my mind he can swing for it. Lol it looks lovely on paper all this I bet there is a few on here that could tell you a tale or 2 about being ripped off by someone that works actually with them daily side by side let alone 1-2 blokes out on there own week in week out,legally binding or not the hassle involved in trying to claw it back would be a nightmare.

Dave Willis

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2016, 05:14:45 pm »
Don't know why everyone gets so narked about franchising - brilliant idea if you ask me. The franchiser has all the advantages of employing with very few obligations, no pension to provide, no holiday pay, no insurance to pay out, don't even need to supply the van, franchisee even works out and pays his own tax.The biggest drawback is guaranteeing enough work for the franchisee. Vin seems to have that covered.
Ian Lancasters the man to talk to (he could be touring Spain in his camper van as we speak)  ;D

NWH

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2016, 05:15:40 pm »
The franchisee would sign a binding contract - be no point going to court  ::)roll
legally binding or not Mick some people don't give a damn if it's legal or not they might seem nice initially but people change,you are gambling on the fact they don't wise up to things once they do and say you can poke your monthly fee you've had it. With this job as we all know it's down to be customer and who they want cleaning there Windows if they still want him after he stops paying there is diddly squat you can do just think what you'd say if you had someone tell you on your doorstep I'm cleaning your Windows from now on its my work,I'd tell him to f&&& off.

Tom-01

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »
Are there any franchisors on here who have had one of their franchisees take the work for themself? We hear and understand all the good things, but what if it does get a bit ugly? Or has it never ever happened?

NWH

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »
I would say it's not he model that works in window cleaning more like the type of people you get signing up for it,if you get people that know nothing about the business involved ok they might stay in it longer but if you get some bloke with a bit of savvy he could be a nightmare at paying you or stealing your so called work.

Dave Willis

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:16 pm »
 ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

The franchisee signs a binding contract and stumps up a fair whack of his own money. It's unlikely he's going to bite the hand that feeds him, go to court, lose all his work and invested money.

Dave Willis

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »
I would say it's not he model that works in window cleaning more like the type of people you get signing up for it,if you get people that know nothing about the business involved ok they might stay in it longer but if you get some bloke with a bit of savvy he could be a nightmare at paying you or stealing your so called work.

But it does work see the original post  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2016, 05:26:35 pm »
Listen m8 it all lovely jubbly rosy in the garden your not going to here all the horror story's that go on,you've only got to look at headings like I'm now at 250000 mark lol.to ask the question has anyone had anyone steal work etc you must be joking that would be like saying all of the above is correct. This business can be built massive if anyone should so wish but IMO only by being there and keeping an eye on things and knowing what's going on day to day.

NWH

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2016, 05:30:02 pm »
I might make a few franchises out of my work it's either that or give it away but then again it all amounts to the same thing really lol.

Dave Willis

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2016, 05:33:42 pm »
Vin, Ian and Kent Clean must be laughing their socks off reading this. Vin does come across as arrogant sometimes but he's done it, fair play to him. I remember when he started up on here years ago and bought into Ians' scheme. I wish I'd had the guts to do it. Instead I'm working up to six days a week flat out on my own with a poor pension outlook whilst Ian is taking it easy. Who's the mugs?

PS the beauty of it is once you've built it up your franchisees run their own business - you don't need to be there.

8weekly

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »
Nail hit well and truly on the head it's a bullseye,absolutely nothing whatsoever so what do you think 2 blokes out on there own grafting and after a year or so say I ain't paying him anymore I've had enough giving him so much a month I've changed my mind he can swing for it. Lol it looks lovely on paper all this I bet there is a few on here that could tell you a tale or 2 about being ripped off by someone that works actually with them daily side by side let alone 1-2 blokes out on there own week in week out,legally binding or not the hassle involved in trying to claw it back would be a nightmare.
Well what's the point at al of anything? Why clean windows because all the customers might decide not to pay?  ::)roll

I don't know how you get out of bed in the morning NWH. If I thought the way you did I'd take an overdose because there's no point in anything.

8weekly

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »
Vin, Ian and Kent Clean must be laughing their socks off reading this. Vin does come across as arrogant sometimes but he's done it, fair play to him. I remember when he started up on here years ago and bought into Ians' scheme. I wish I'd had the guts to do it. Instead I'm working up to six days a week flat out on my own with a poor pension outlook whilst Ian is taking it easy. Who's the mugs?

PS the beauty of it is once you've built it up your franchisees run their own business - you don't need to be there.
Not sure about the last point.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »
I've been out all day so here's the deal.

I'm being pretty clearly accused repeatedly of tax evasion.  I'm not.  The deal is a franchise.  It's not "rent".  All the guys are uniformed, in sign written vans, etc, etc.  They pay for the right to use our name. They run their own business.  There are hundreds upon hundreds of franchises across the world running in the same way.

Ref our accounts; if you don't understand how limited companies finances work, e.g.  that money owed to me and my wife as individuals appears as debt on the company accounts, don't make silly comments.

Regarding leaving and trying to carry on, the franchise agreement is clear that if someone leaves they (the ex-franchisee) are not entitled to carry out cleaning at any current customer.  Note that the customer can ask whomever they want to clean their windows (to insist otherwise would be nonsensical).  However, the ex-franchisee would be unable to do so; that's what the court case and damage claim would be about.  As I know that this will be wilfully misunderstood by at least one person on this thread, I'll repeat, no-one is forcing the customer not to use the ex-franchisee; instead the ex-franchisee is obliged to turn the work down or pay damages to the franchisor for breach of contract (with the franchisor, not the customer).

Common sense and the law are often far apart - that's why I use a franchise solicitor for advice rather than an internet forum.  So, all that I've said above is true (at least according to a ridiculously expensive legal expert) but I have no doubt some of you will be able to tell me where she's wrong.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

Not sure about the last point.

Me too.  I spend a lot of time keeping on top of what's happening.   It's worth it but it's really not money for nothing.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2016, 05:47:14 pm »
I would say they are very very fortunate with the types of personalities involved in there setups that's all that's what it's down to IMO,regardless of any contract they might have if the customers are talked into going with them that's it over window cleaning is like that it's a personal thing. They take him to court and can manage to prove very little still don't get the work back they still end up losing,they are reliant on getting very honest and nice franchisees for window cleaning it's not like they are providing a product like Mcdonalds,as soon as one of there outlets is not performing for whatever reason the franchise is taken off of them they can't all of a sudden go to McDonald's and say I still want to buy your burgers and sell them out of a van.

NWH

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2016, 05:49:32 pm »
Be interesting to know how the inland revenue view this setup,the work has to belong to someone it can't be the people paying you a monthly fee can it Vin.