Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom.m

How much would you charge?
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:15:41 am »
Did a first clean for a lady 2 months ago. Told her 12 a month or 15 every other, she says she wants her windows done every month. Last month she text me on the morning saying she doesn't need the clean, fair enough.

Get round there yesterday, husband comes out "just the front today lads. Back garden is flooded" (absolute bull, they have a patio)

So I give him a bill for 8 and he gets all funny and cancels,  was 8 to much? ( was 3 windows and a door?

lal

Re: How much would you charge?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:34:40 am »

Hi Tom.m,  you should have charged him either the agreed monthly charge of 12 pound or the by monthly
 charge of 15 pound, when he stated he wanted only the fronts done, you should have just said the price originally agreed with his wife is your absolute minimum charge for their house even if the backs are not done.  don't feel bad that he cancelled  you, he did you a favour, you seriously do not need these messers.

Regards
Lal

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 01:19:28 pm »
It's up to you what price you agree on when being  messed about but if they wanted a monthly clean and I turned up to do the job and they only wanted the front doing I would have still charged the full amount regardless. If they miss a clean for whatever reason I would charge more on the next clean too. That way soon sorts out the messers as they can either pay for a regular service as agreed or can go elswhere.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 01:21:59 pm »
I would have charged £6 so basically half.

HOWEVER!

It sounds like they will be a pain well would have been  ;D

simonr

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 01:34:22 pm »
when i started i was told always charge more than half for front only

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
You can probably tell I have no time for messers and always charge double for a so say first clean as tends to weed them out. if the truth been known that's probably the reason why you picked the work up in the first place as other windys dumped them for being messed about

The classic one messers tend to say is "the last window cleaner just stopped coming" ...Really I wonder why?   ;D

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 01:44:56 pm »
£5 front only
£6 front and side

ascjim

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »
It's up to you how much you charge. £8.00 is fair seeing that your making a loss!

Get some T & C's on the go, we never get a problem now.

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 06:11:45 pm »
As they had already skipped a month, then you were already into 15 quid territory, so 8 quid sounds reasonable enough to me.

Seems to me that they are already turning into messers, so maybe you will need to renegotiate what they are looking for from you.

I had this sort of thing daily when I started here in Ireland in 2011. When someone said they wanted a regular clean, it really meant once every blue moon in many cases!

I'm fine with that as long as both parties understand and can work it out with each other, so I still have some of these, and it now works ok. What I don't like is people telling me what they think they want me to hear, instead of what I really want, which is simply to be straight with me.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »
Your better off without customers like that...I would of probably dumped after she said she doesn't need the clean today

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 06:56:04 pm »
It's up to you how much you charge. £8.00 is fair seeing that your making a loss!

Get some T & C's on the go, we never get a problem now.
Have you got a set you'd be willing to post James? Or email to avoid the idiotic "T&Cs - you're just a window cleaner" comments.