This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Van / main dealer problem
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 06:48:01 pm »
I'm not gay I'm a hetorosexual man practising homosexuality lol,not really I've been called an arsehole in the past a few times though lol

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »
I'm not gay I'm a hetorosexual man practising homosexuality lol,not really I've been called an arsehole in the past a few times though lol
Really?  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 06:52:02 pm »
you bought a used vehicle ... not a new vehicle ... you didn't spot the fault when u collected it ... not saying this is the right attitude or opinion but ex motor trade 26 years or so ..... this is the stance they may take

26 years in the motor trade  ::)roll I bet you have some sleepless night still ;D

;D ;D doing this 6 years now and only last few years have I shook off the mental damage suffered to long term exposure to bull poo and pressure and poop1y customers that I endured  8)

I bet you did...all thoughs trade secrets haunting you still  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »
Really?  ;D

;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 06:59:06 pm »
Regards filler use a bit of paper and run a magnet over the panels of the van.
You will soon find out what has been filled or not  ;)

dd

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 07:15:07 pm »
Surely if you buy an "Approved " vehicle from a dealer (assuming this is the case) this should mean it is fully up to standard, i.e. it is their responsibility to make sure it is in good order mechanically and body work etc. If they cannot tell this how are we supposed to know?

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 07:19:18 pm »
Surely if you buy an "Approved " vehicle from a dealer (assuming this is the case) this should mean it is fully up to standard, i.e. it is their responsibility to make sure it is in good order mechanically and body work etc. If they cannot tell this how are we supposed to know?

Sold as seen springs to mind mucker  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »

Well, we'll see. The salesman is a friend. I'm assuming that he would not have known about the bodywork??

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »

Well, we'll see. The salesman is a friend. I'm assuming that he would not have known about the bodywork??

Come to me I will sort you out a good deal type of friend I suspect.
All salemen are our friends when it comes to commision on used vehicals. They also love to sell finace too as that is where they make the real money and can make it sound so affordale too  ::)roll

Anyway I hope you get it sorted as will be a real test of your so say friendship.

P.S I never sold vehicals to my real friends for that same reason and if he is a real friend he should have known better.

8weekly

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »

Come to me I will sort you out a good deal type of friend I suspect.
All salemen are our friends when it comes to commision on used vehicals. They also love to sell finace too as that is where they make the real money and can make it sound so affordale too  ::)roll

Anyway I hope you get it sorted as will be a real test of your so say friendship.

P.S I never sold vehicals to my real friends for that same reason and if he is a real friend he should have known better.
I'm hoping he didn't know.  :-\

Spruce

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 07:57:52 pm »
I presume that Ian101 Toyota manufacturers were in the same as 'boat' as Peugeot/Citroen. Peugeot Citroen have a body shop in the Corby area which deals solely with repairing damage to brand new vehicles in transit. One of my old window cleaning customers used to work there.

At one time (a few years ago) they ran 3 shifts a week day to keep on top of the damage to vehicles sustained from France to the ferry, from the ferry to Sheerness and then onto the distribution centers.

So if anyone feels they have done the right thing by buying a new vehicle, they may have mechanically;  just don't count on it being accident free as there is a good chance it isn't.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 07:58:11 am »
My son picked up a brand new GTI from Leicester in the rain. When we got it home and washed it the front end had been resprayed.
Garage denied all knowledge of it and so did VW customer service department. But what do you expect from VW - biggest liars going.

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 08:07:38 am »
On looking, there's further evidence of respraying - paint on a rubber seal.

dan paton

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:28 am »
I used to road test brand new cars and vans for Renault in Southampton. Every motor had to be tested when it came off the ship from their various factories around Europe before it was put on a transporter and sent to the dealer.  We had some accidental damage in our place but more often than not any damaged ones came off the ship damaged. They where repaired, tested then sent on to the dealer. To be fair though if it was panel damage the body shop generally just replaced the whole panel as the turn around times had to be quick and that was easier and quicker. The worst damage  I ever seen was a whole ship load of Renault twingo's ( little granny cars) . Literally hundreds of them all with dents on the roof. They had heavy hailstone showers in Europe while these cars where in the holding area. Too many for our place to repair so they had to send bodyshop guys from france over to do it. I suppose my whole point is you cant even guarantee a brand new car hasn't been repaired.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:33 am »
If it's sold sub-standard you have an argument to defend. I wouldn't be to hopeful about the friendship; saying that he might be a perfectly reasonable chap; in which case I may be wrong.

8weekly

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:23 pm »
If it's sold sub-standard you have an argument to defend. I wouldn't be to hopeful about the friendship; saying that he might be a perfectly reasonable chap; in which case I may be wrong.
You might just know him.  ;) He gets about a bit.